Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 8:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 927
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Posted in the poor man's thread as well: I dress casually for work and find it difficult to work this watch into my daily wear with the gold bracelet. I'm looking to switch to leather and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion. I'm curious about a NATO strap but think the watch may be too dressy and gold for that to work. Thanks. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just put it on a brown calf or medium honey croc (/croc calf) strap. It will look great in any setting.
Posted in the poor man's thread as well: I dress casually for work and find it difficult to work this watch into my daily wear with the gold bracelet. I'm looking to switch to leather and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion. I'm curious about a NATO strap but think the watch may be too dressy and gold for that to work. Thanks.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice vintage Omega. Based on the design, I think a NATO strap would look took clunky and casual with this watch. I'd definitely opt for some type of leather strap if the gold bracelet is reducing how frequently you are able to wear the watch. Some of the best strap makers are Camille Fournet and ABP. Two of my friends recently custom ordered straps from ABP and they were really happy with the results, but they were expensive. If you are looking for some reasonable straps that are less costly maybe consider Hirsch or Hadley Roma (I don't hae any experience with those, so I can't say much regarding quality or construction). Good luck.
my 3568 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The reflection in that photo is really cool . Nice watch too!
I always find that I enjoy a reddish leather on a gold watch. For something like that though, I think almost any simple warm tone (which is not yellow) will do well.
Do you drive a Scion or Evo? Just asking.
If you really want to belabor the point, check out any a/c cockpit and see what color the gauges are backlit.
In any case blue lume just tops off the horrible styling of today's Rolex. Almost every high end watch marque has been coming out with tribute styles, some better than others, and Rolex' response was to turn their entire line into a horror show. Everything has to be bigger and have more word salad on the dial. More power to you if you like that sort of thing.
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 19 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 33 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 33 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...