Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 10/20/16 at 12:03am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 925post #13861 of 483129/7/12 at 6:51pmpost #13862 of 483129/7/12 at 7:18pmQuote:
Congrats! I really think it looks best on the bracelet, so nice choice. Now lets see some pix! Would also like to see a picture of its lume.Quote:
Glad to be of some help.
Nice photo. I really like the blue lume they are using.post #13863 of 483129/7/12 at 7:18pmpost #13864 of 483129/7/12 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuZI
The amount I would spend on a nice watch winder... I'd rather just buy another watch.
Nice Tudor chrono! Share some more photos when you have time.post #13865 of 483129/7/12 at 8:55pmpost #13866 of 483129/7/12 at 9:03pmfollowing this thread has caused me to hate wearing my watch.
I am considering whoring myself out to older women to cover the expense of the watch I want, any client leads would be greatly appreciated. I will pay you a commission.post #13867 of 483129/7/12 at 9:44pmQuote:
It's not about the watch at all. It's about how you wear it and carry yourself.
I have a watchbox FILLED with watches... the one I've kept for the past 20 years is a 1986 Citizen Yachtmaster. A friend of mine gave it to me and I've kept it. The crystal has scrapes on it, the original rubber strap is missing... it's probably worth $10 to someone else. I wear it on NATO and when someone asks me what it is I'll introduce it like I'm wearing one of my IWC or Bell & Ross watches. Because it is a BAD ASS watch...
On the opposite end I just can't wear Rolex. I love the watches but I just can't pull them off. I have owned a few and feel uncomfortable wearing them. I always imagine a flamboyant businessman wearing one and I just don't pull that image.
Oddly enough all the Rolex people I have seen are really down to earth people. It kills my stereotype but I still can't pull off a Rolex. Sucks because the Datejust and Sub are such iconic pieces that every time I sell one I want another...post #13868 of 483129/7/12 at 10:40pmQuote:
Not all models are flamboyant.post #13869 of 483129/7/12 at 11:12pm
Not the models. The majority of the models are simplistic and iconic. They could be worn 30-40 years ago and have the same prestige as today.
I meant the people who would wear them. I have no idea where I picked up the stupid stereotype.post #13870 of 483129/8/12 at 3:33amQuote:
Even with a few nice watches this thread will make you want to find a way to pick up a few more. Just save and at some point before you know it you will be getting a nice watch.
Absolutely classic! Love it. The patina on the dial and hands are perfect.Quote:
Not all of us "Rolex people" are bad. I met a guy that is about 15 years younger than me who only wears IWCs and Omegas, and he was sleezy, dishonest, and obnoxious. I don't blame the watches he is likes to wear, I blame his parents for not using protection that night.post #13871 of 483129/8/12 at 4:10ampost #13872 of 483129/8/12 at 10:24amQuote:
And what is this for? So that the schlub sitting next to you at the theater will be constantly distracted by your Rolex?
Horrible. Horrible and stupid. Watch lume is supposed to be green, for functional as well as aesthetic reasons.
More proof that whomever runs Rolex now needs to be castrated. Vulgar Clown Watches.post #13873 of 483129/8/12 at 10:34ampost #13874 of 483129/8/12 at 10:37ampost #13875 of 483129/8/12 at 11:36am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Crusty's "What I wore on this Date in History" - a walk down memory... 9 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Wearing A Tailored Jacket And Jeans Thread 15 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...