Re straps, I've ordered many straps from ABP and Camille Fournet. I'm leaning more towards CF these days.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 8:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 909
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Also, not Stitch, but as other have suggested 2 of the best companies to deal with are Camille Fournet and ABP. I know people that have purchased straps from each and been very happy. Its my understanding that Camille Fournet makes (or made) straps for Lange & Sohne, and a few other nice brands under the Richemont's ownership.
Not sure when you ask "Any recommendations" if you are asking if I am happy with my steel Daytona with Zenith based movement or if you are asking where to find one? For me it was of the my first "Must have" watches. I love mine. I bought it new and when they were relatively inexpensive (got a white dial for $4,350 and the black dial after a price increase for $5,100)...and that was back in the days when most places wanted huge premiums over the list price. Overall, I prefer the 16520 over the newer 116520 (inhouse movement model). The larger lum on the current dials is ok, but it looks a bit too large and clumsy compared to on the 16520/earlier model. Also Rolex made numerous modifications to the Zenith movement, including reducing the beats per hour, to what was believed would make for a more reliable and robust movement. I've seen it written that there was approximately 200 mods to the movement before it went into a Daytona, so in its day it was said to be the Rolex that was getting the most hand workmanship. My white dial was my daily wearer for 5 years and it was always dead on accurate. Once it started losing time I knew it needed a service. The new Daytonas have a nicer bracelet, clasp and a longer power reserve... so its probably a better choice for daily wear. Each is a great watch, if I could only have one I'd keep the Daytona with the Zenith based movement. I've seen a Patrizzi dial, and its fine if that happens to one, but I wouldn't search one out and I would not pay the rediculous premium that they seem to fetch over Daytonas who's subdial trim rings do not discolor to brown. I personally, like how the subdial look when they are not discolored. Also, be careful, once something adds value to a watch there are always crooks trying to modify a watch (car, or other product) to be like the one that people are paying a premium for. As for where to find them, stick with reputable vintage watch shops. Good luck with the search.
Edited by Dino944 - 8/29/12 at 9:56am
The Time of Switzerland website offers all the major brands for prices well below internet retailers (and waaayyyy below ADs). Interestingly enough, they offer a full stamped warranty on all pieces.
Is this place legit? The few reviews I have seen online are positive, but this just sounds too good to be true.
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 9 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › Shirt fit on suit when leaving collar unbuttoned 21 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 27 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...