Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 7:33 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 901post #13501 of 483128/26/12 at 7:15ampost #13502 of 483128/26/12 at 7:26ampost #13503 of 483128/26/12 at 7:34ampost #13504 of 483128/26/12 at 7:36ampost #13505 of 483128/26/12 at 7:40ampost #13506 of 483128/26/12 at 8:00amQuote:
Thanks for the offer, but I've got a thing for white metal.Quote:
Both are grande taille and discontinued. The platinum was a limited of 125 pieces, while the white gold was regular production IIRC. I managed to find the platinum NIB at an AD, and the WG has been recently overhauled by JLC so both should be pristine.Quote:
I'd go with dark brown or navy croc for the black, and navy croc with the ruthenium. Does that change your preference?post #13507 of 483128/26/12 at 8:38ampost #13508 of 483128/26/12 at 9:03ampost #13509 of 483128/26/12 at 2:05pmpost #13510 of 483128/26/12 at 2:33pmQuote:that watch is solid.Originally Posted by DerekS
bam. spot on. I remember years ago i was looking into my first rolex...i was 17. A guy I ran into had an old 18K presidential. We shot the shit for a moment and he said the reason he got his was because "I could be anywhere in the world, and if i needed money to get home, i could sell this and get home in any country at any time"post #13511 of 483128/26/12 at 3:10pmpost #13512 of 483128/26/12 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Thanks for the offer, but I've got a thing for white metal.
Both are grande taille and discontinued. The platinum was a limited of 125 pieces, while the white gold was regular production IIRC. I managed to find the platinum NIB at an AD, and the WG has been recently overhauled by JLC so both should be pristine.
I'd go with dark brown or navy croc for the black, and navy croc with the ruthenium. Does that change your preference?
go for neither.post #13513 of 483128/26/12 at 3:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by ThinkDermQuote:gorgeous. no clean up required.Originally Posted by depechedior
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks I actually wore it again today (since back to work tomorrow and back n the safe it goes...)post #13514 of 483128/26/12 at 4:01pmQuote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Which Reverso GT sun moon?
Am a bit undecided between these two so thought I'd open up to an informal poll. Some of you will be aware of a difference in the case metal, so for purposes of this selection I'm only considering the dial aesthetics - assume no difference in metal, price, rarity, condition, etc. Also, these are the only Reversos under consideration, since other models do not speak to me.
1) ruthenium dial - I love the color, but not sure about the 2-tone as it seems to leave the dial a bit busy
2) black dial - I prefer the uniformity of the single tone dial, but not sure if black may be too stark
Without a doubt the Platinum. I the black dial with WG is nice, but the Platinum with ruthenium dial is spectacular. I prefer the blued hands to the white hands and numerals, and on a blue strap it will be stunning! I saw the platinum watch when they were new (I believe it was the celerate 70 years since its inception?), and as nice as the WG is, the PT version just impressed me far more.
Good luck and let us know what you decide.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #13515 of 483128/26/12 at 4:05pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 50 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 3.1 Phillip Lim Teal Zipper Pants 32 BNWT 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...