5711/1A FTW. Not much more to be said.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three Last post on Today at 6:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:40 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 885
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #13262 of 483138/17/12 at 6:24pmQuote:
it is. but JUST out of reach at the moment. its torture seeing it! haha.
the rose gold is stunning in person. i tried one on at the AD here awhile back. it was on a brown gator strap...soooo prettypost #13263 of 483138/17/12 at 6:41pmpost #13264 of 483138/17/12 at 7:05pmpost #13265 of 483138/17/12 at 7:13pmpost #13266 of 483138/17/12 at 7:49pmpost #13267 of 483138/17/12 at 7:51pmpost #13268 of 483138/17/12 at 8:05pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by DerekS
i know they use 904L and most use 316L. but ive read so much about there being no real difference thats noticeable. 316 has less nickel and is a bit shinier...the biggest difference is NOT in hardness, but reactivity to acids. which you wont be coming in contact with. Its a bragging right. But the acid that would melt the 316 while the 904 is still standing wouldve eaten your arm off long before.
Ive had both steels....you cant tell a difference.
Emy's watch is proof you can scratch the hell out of a Rolex if you beat on it. But my experience, much like Stitches's is that the brushed surfaces on my Rolex watches seemed to scratch a bit less easily, and when they did, they seemed to hide the scratches a bit better than some other brands. Not sure if its specific to the steel they use, or if its more the effect of the shape of their links and the brushing on the surface that provides the illusion of hiding scratches better than some flatter links on bracelets from other watches.post #13269 of 483138/17/12 at 8:15pmQuote:
Beautiful watch! The 5711 and 5712 are really the nicest of the Nautilus collection. Skip the chronograph verson...it just spoils the design and looks clumsy.post #13270 of 483138/17/12 at 8:33pmpost #13271 of 483138/17/12 at 9:24pm
depechedior, Beauty! I'd love to see it in RG. Not sure if it's been released as yet. Much nicer than any Nautilus or Aquanaut. That's what I mean by classic case. Chronos are my fav complication. I miss my 5970WG, but I couldn't read the sub dials!post #13272 of 483138/17/12 at 10:05pmpost #13273 of 483138/17/12 at 10:51pmpost #13274 of 483138/18/12 at 3:18am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply quality: Would you exchange this jacket? 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 12 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?