5711/1A FTW. Not much more to be said.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 885
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #13262 of 482548/17/12 at 6:24pmQuote:
it is. but JUST out of reach at the moment. its torture seeing it! haha.
the rose gold is stunning in person. i tried one on at the AD here awhile back. it was on a brown gator strap...soooo prettypost #13263 of 482548/17/12 at 6:41pmpost #13264 of 482548/17/12 at 7:05pmpost #13265 of 482548/17/12 at 7:13pmpost #13266 of 482548/17/12 at 7:49pmpost #13267 of 482548/17/12 at 7:51pmpost #13268 of 482548/17/12 at 8:05pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by DerekS
i know they use 904L and most use 316L. but ive read so much about there being no real difference thats noticeable. 316 has less nickel and is a bit shinier...the biggest difference is NOT in hardness, but reactivity to acids. which you wont be coming in contact with. Its a bragging right. But the acid that would melt the 316 while the 904 is still standing wouldve eaten your arm off long before.
Ive had both steels....you cant tell a difference.
Emy's watch is proof you can scratch the hell out of a Rolex if you beat on it. But my experience, much like Stitches's is that the brushed surfaces on my Rolex watches seemed to scratch a bit less easily, and when they did, they seemed to hide the scratches a bit better than some other brands. Not sure if its specific to the steel they use, or if its more the effect of the shape of their links and the brushing on the surface that provides the illusion of hiding scratches better than some flatter links on bracelets from other watches.post #13269 of 482548/17/12 at 8:15pmQuote:
Beautiful watch! The 5711 and 5712 are really the nicest of the Nautilus collection. Skip the chronograph verson...it just spoils the design and looks clumsy.post #13270 of 482548/17/12 at 8:33pmpost #13271 of 482548/17/12 at 9:24pmpost #13272 of 482548/17/12 at 10:05pmpost #13273 of 482548/17/12 at 10:51pmpost #13274 of 482548/18/12 at 3:18am
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...