or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 876  

post #13126 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

srs, how the hell is one supposed to make a decision? im fuxxoerd. ffffuuuu.gif
PAM112a010708.jpg
jdpon8-pam-210.jpg

I have always preferred the Radiomirs, because I think they're that little bit more flexible... I think the large crown guard for the Luminors looks great with casual wear or street wear, but just doesn't look right to me with a coat and tie... Too sporty IMO. That said, it would probably depend on the context you plan on wearing the watch.
post #13127 of 48312
post #13128 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117 View Post

I honestly don't care about the movements overly much; I have a lot of watches with complicated movements (2 x Lange datograph perpetual, Portuguese minute repeater) and I'm primarily concerned with aesthetics and comfort.
shall we see your colleciton?
post #13129 of 48312
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

srs, how the hell is one supposed to make a decision? im fuxxoerd. ffffuuuu.gif
PAM112a010708.jpg
jdpon8-pam-210.jpg


Just get both smile.gif

7780751160_30a72b9e6f_z.jpg

Edited by tchoy - 8/14/12 at 5:38am
post #13130 of 48312
double post
Edited by tchoy - 8/14/12 at 5:37am
post #13131 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

srs, how the hell is one supposed to make a decision? im fuxxoerd. ffffuuuu.gif

They're both great, but think of the primary intended use here -

Casual - Luminor
Dressy - Radiomir

The Radiomir is more versatile imo, but the Luminor, these days, is the iconic Panny design (despite the fact that the Radiomir is the original design from the Italians).
post #13132 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

700

 

Beautiful Tortue Monopoussoir!  A true classic and I love the single pusher mechanism...it allows for a very clean looking case.

post #13133 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I made a choice. So can you! happy.gif

what did you get?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

Just get both smile.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
7780751160_30a72b9e6f_z.jpg

ahhh, if only. *le sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by academe View Post

I have always preferred the Radiomirs, because I think they're that little bit more flexible... I think the large crown guard for the Luminors looks great with casual wear or street wear, but just doesn't look right to me with a coat and tie... Too sporty IMO. That said, it would probably depend on the context you plan on wearing the watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric View Post

They're both great, but think of the primary intended use here -
Casual - Luminor
Dressy - Radiomir
The Radiomir is more versatile imo, but the Luminor, these days, is the iconic Panny design (despite the fact that the Radiomir is the original design from the Italians).

its definitely not a watch i plan on wearing with a suit and tie, i have dress watches, this is meant for casual wear. still not sure though. i really need to find a place i can try the 210 on in person.
post #13134 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


tease!

beautiful watch though.
post #13135 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Beautiful Tortue Monopoussoir!  A true classic and I love the single pusher mechanism...it allows for a very clean looking case.

+100. Lovely watch
post #13136 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Beautiful Tortue Monopoussoir!  A true classic and I love the single pusher mechanism...it allows for a very clean looking case.
are you on the revo cartier forum?
post #13137 of 48312

I'm really surprised how many members who post here have a outstanding nice collection of watches. Makes me happy to see all these beauty pics, good work guys!

post #13138 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


are you on the revo cartier forum?

Yes, I am.  I take it you have visited or posted photos of your Tortue MP on Revo's Cartier forum?  I have 2 Cartier watches, a Pasha 950 Chronograph and a Privee Tank XL.  I've posted some photos of each there in the past.

 

Best regards,

Dino

post #13139 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

srs, how the hell is one supposed to make a decision? im fuxxoerd. ffffuuuu.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
PAM112a010708.jpg
jdpon8-pam-210.jpg

Can't get both? satisfied.gif Actually, I got tired of the base faster than I did the Rad.
post #13140 of 48312
I just got my GMTc in. Here are some quick iPhone pics

3B605747-D464-446C-BB1A-03C47BB9D542-4106-000002518FC54CB9.jpg

BF75D44F-18D1-4558-BDD3-3F7C863D68A2-4106-0000025177434AB6.jpg

4008FB4A-2EA4-48F6-9CE6-B203D63E5DB7-4106-0000025188C9E19B.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)