or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 86  

post #1276 of 48312
Im looking for a wall clock, this one has caught my eye: What do you think, any other nice alternatives?
post #1277 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster.8 View Post
Im looking for a wall clock, this one has caught my eye:

What do you think, any other nice alternatives?

Girard-Perregaux has one which is very nice.
post #1278 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster.8 View Post
Im looking for a wall clock, this one has caught my eye:

What do you think, any other nice alternatives?

I believe Panerai has other clocks that don't say Panerai in big letters like this. This one looks like you're running a watch store - a bit too "promotional" for me
post #1279 of 48312
The desk clocks and watches Charvet sells are strangely tempting to me, even though they resemble the sort of junky executive gifts given to aging middle managers in the 1970s and 1980s...
post #1280 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
The desk clocks and watches Charvet sells are strangely tempting to me, even though they resemble the sort of junky executive gifts given to aging middle managers in the 1970s and 1980s...
The only thing I don't like about the Charvet desk clocks is that they look like copies of the JLC Atmos clocks, which I love and have zero use for.
post #1281 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
The only thing I don't like about the Charvet desk clocks is that they look like copies of the JLC Atmos clocks, which I love and have zero use for.

You must be more leisure class than me if you don't even need a clock.
post #1282 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
You must be more leisure class than me if you don't even need a clock.
Say it ain't so, LK... Keep the dream alive.
post #1283 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
You must be more leisure class than me if you don't even need a clock.
Bottom right of my computer screen.
post #1284 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Say it ain't so, LK... Keep the dream alive.

I rely on a circa 1949 18kt Omega wristwatch and a '60s Imhof desk clock for time--quite sufficient.
post #1285 of 48312
Also, I think that Panerai clock looks tacky. It looks like something Sator's ideal WIS would include in a group shot.
post #1286 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Also, I think that Panerai clock looks tacky. It looks like something Sator's ideal WIS would include in a group watch shot.
Yes, next to his gun, extra large condom wrapper, BMW keys and cellphone.
post #1287 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Yes, next to his gun, extra large condom wrapper, BMW keys and cellphone.

All photographed on some sort of mas-production "heritage" look desk.
post #1288 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickonatree View Post
random watch question: how often should automatic watches be serviced if worn on a daily basis?

I guess it would depend on the watch. Rolex recommends servicing its watches every five years or so.
post #1289 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
I believe Panerai has other clocks that don't say Panerai in big letters like this.
Thanks I was hoping for that, had seen a AP. But not an AP fan ... RoyalOak Was also looking at traveling alarm clocks, the Chopard MilleMiglia is the one that is the most apealing at the moment. As im hoping to get a MilleMigliaXL by easter. Have also been looking at their lates GMT (luc) which is nice, but slightly more than im willing to spend. My other option would be a GrandSeiko GMT, but they are sure hard to get by ...
post #1290 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster.8 View Post
Im looking for a wall clock, this one has caught my eye:

What do you think, any other nice alternatives?

The version without the big PANERAI writing is the PAM00254. Those things are absurdly expensive for what they are. They run about $1800.

PAM00254
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)