Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 9:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:15 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 804post #12046 of 483125/18/12 at 11:38amThread Starterpost #12047 of 483125/18/12 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Cylon
I can relate to this. w/ baby coming I dunno when I will get my next bite at the apple. It's ok tho, new stage in life I suppose. Thanks for the well wishes too, in stitches.
...but when will I get a GO? ::sob::
Edit: thats why im here now--to live vicariously through yall. When newcomer graduates, and lands the big firm job its on for some KV and PD action
exactly, 3 kids, a mortgage and no baller job = no watches for me. just have to see others people.
i would love a GO, and an AP, and an ALS and a PP....... *le sigh*Quote:
damn that is hot. that is a panerai i should buy.post #12048 of 483125/18/12 at 2:52pmStitchy, may I recommend taking a look at the PAM 0? Not only the cheapest PAM, but one of the nicest (IMO)
Not my pic, just quickly googled
Unless you prefer the Radiomir design, in which case a 210 is a great place to startpost #12049 of 483125/18/12 at 3:47pmpost #12050 of 483125/18/12 at 3:49pmQuote:
You do realize that this is not a Panerai manufactured by Panerai, right?post #12051 of 483125/18/12 at 3:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
That's shocking man. As far as I'm concerned, the historic Panerai has its place in any Design Museum next to a Corbusier chaise longue and a Noguchi lamp. Case shape, dial, numerals, hands - it's pretty damn perfect. Now, I'm not saying it looks good on everyone (particularly the 47mm models) and I'm not saying all Panerai are great designs (80% of the line-up now is just stupid slightly complicated automatic watches that are farther from the original Panerai DNA than a cheap Canal St fake), and I'm certainly not saying that some of the hype and sometimes douchey clientele are not a turn-off (they are) - but these historic models are objectively beautiful.
I really couldn't have said it any better myself.post #12052 of 483125/18/12 at 3:52pmpost #12053 of 483125/18/12 at 4:01pmpost #12054 of 483125/18/12 at 4:03pmQuote:
Thank you 'Dukes - gdl203' but I can't take the credit for the Pam 21 - I should have mention above it was a M8's at dinner. Great Pam all the same.
'Kaplan' is right 'in stitches' the PAM000 is a stellar icon and just happens to be the least inexpensive.
My 'G' series PAM000 1 of 500 - movement OP1post #12055 of 483125/18/12 at 4:09pmpost #12056 of 483125/19/12 at 3:51ampost #12057 of 483125/19/12 at 5:33ampost #12058 of 483125/19/12 at 6:11amQuote:
M8 ;-) good to see you too - I see you rocking the new 'icon' 372 !!
DerekS - Yes, serious! I'll ask re more pics.post #12059 of 483125/19/12 at 7:56ampost #12060 of 483125/19/12 at 8:05am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Frank Shattuck Tailor Co. (found his web site!) 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 22 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...