or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 795  

post #11911 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Hublot has 38mm watches and AP RO is 39mm, which is considered small by today's standards.
The Santos XL is 43 and the Da Vinci is 46mm, so it could be your eye is cheating you, do to the bulkiness of the AP and Hublot design.

 

But i'm thinking now are there a santos without the ''XL''? a smaller model?

post #11912 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

But i'm thinking now are there a santos without the ''XL''? a smaller model?

There is otherwise the XL would just be the Santos. wink.gif
post #11913 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


There is otherwise the XL would just be the Santos. wink.gif

 

There is the problem you have solved the case. I might have tried on the normal Santos in the store that really was not that big on me? It went perfect with my arm. Because it was not that big as you describe it, I see Santos XL on the webb and it looks pretty much the same in my eyes that's why. So the Da Vinici is really big in real life?

post #11914 of 48312
Go try it on, it may not look as big on the wrist, but 46mm is big.
post #11915 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Go try it on, it may not look as big on the wrist, but 46mm is big.

That's pretty big the Hublot I tried on was like 41 mm if I remembered correct now. But the shape of AP and Hublot get's crazy on me so ''clumsy'' and fat. Best watches tho.

 

Do you know what I mean? They both are big, but I think the Santos goes in a nicer way, maybe because it's square.

 

hublot_image.2122168.jpg

aBTR-Cartier-Santos-100.2-600px.jpg

post #11916 of 48312
The Davinci is curved if I remember correctly, so it may look smaller on the wrist.

Yeah Big Bangs are very bulky in the design, it being black doesn't help, I don't think RO's are that bad.

If you like the RO have look at Vacheron Constantin Overseas, it's the same movement in a different package.
post #11917 of 48312
^^ the santos looks good there ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

Yeah I know, damn.. It's maybe better to try them out and see which one that fits my arm. Since i'm a slim-fit guy happy.gif
I really like AP and Hublot watches but they get so big on my arm... hate them now shog%5B1%5D.gif There is one smaller model then Santos 100 XL, right?

defo try on a watch before buying. its a must.
post #11918 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

The Davinci is curved if I remember correctly, so it may look smaller on the wrist.
Yeah Big Bangs are very bulky in the design, it being black doesn't help, I don't think RO's are that bad.
If you like the RO have look at Vacheron Constantin Overseas, it's the same movement in a different package.

It looks good on the picture so let's hope it looks good in the store also (if they now have it) we have like 2 good watch stores here in our city but it's most rolex and normal watches customers would buy. I often have take my ass over to Copenhagen to see the real stuff. Well check that out, thanks!

 

I have tried on now the normal santos, I thought there was only Santos 100 XL did not know there was a smaller model (the one I tried on) and that went perfect on me. Since I have a small arm any watch will go perfect on me, but will see how Da Vinci will look. I have my eyes on Omega also, but that's for next year biggrin.gif

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

^^ the santos looks good there ^^
defo try on a watch before buying. its a must.

Of course man, they must look good on me, because when I die you will get them bigstar[1].gif?

Don't be shocked if a lawyer calls you and ask ''are you stitches from styleforum?'' Sir F has left you a watch...

post #11919 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

It looks good on the picture so let's hope it looks good in the store also (if they now have it) we have like 2 good watch stores here in our city but it's most rolex and normal watches customers would buy. I often have take my ass over to Copenhagen to see the real stuff. Well check that out, thanks!

The one next to ABCD had a DaVinici in the window last time I walked past.


Klarlund is the only shop in Copenhagen who sells VC, the watch/bottega/LV corner of strøget is a terrible place.
post #11920 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


The one next to ABCD had a DaVinici in the window last time I walked past.
Klarlund is the only shop in Copenhagen who sells VC, the watch/bottega/LV corner of strøget is a terrible place.

Yes Bernhard HUKE? That's one of them. Then you have the Rolex store few meters away but they dont sell those brands. Cartier, Rolex, Bulgari that's pretty much it. You have the standard collection here, but if you want expensive watches as Hublot, AP and those kind of brands Copenhagen is the only way.

post #11921 of 48312
that's the one

Yeah Klarlund, Hvelplund and Ole Mathiesen all with in 100m, The two first ones have both expanded with the last year and a half.
post #11922 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

that's the one
Yeah Klarlund, Hvelplund and Ole Mathiesen all with in 100m, The two first ones have both expanded with the last year and a half.

Klarlund is the one in Stroget, right? 

post #11923 of 48312
all three are on strøget, right between Ny Østergade /Louis Vuitton and Kgs. Nytorv
post #11924 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

all three are on strøget, right between Ny Østergade /Louis Vuitton and Kgs. Nytorv

Yepp now I got the picture, have been in all 3 of them. Actually my cousin bought his TH Grand Carrera with rubber strap from Klarlund. 

post #11925 of 48312
And Franz Jaeger & Me (mentioned earlier) is only a 5 minutes walk from those.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)