Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 5:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 7/22/16 at 10:03pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 789post #11822 of 483125/9/12 at 6:32ampost #11823 of 483125/9/12 at 7:59ampost #11824 of 483125/9/12 at 8:23ampost #11825 of 483125/9/12 at 8:26ampost #11826 of 483125/9/12 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #11827 of 483125/9/12 at 8:31amhey guys, haven't been posting much just lurking on this thread and love it. As for above i'd say AP, the look is quite distinguished IMO.
shameless plug! if anyone is interested in JLC ultra thin i have one for sale!
http://www.styleforum.net/t/299764/jlc-master-grande-ultra-thinpost #11828 of 483125/9/12 at 9:44ampost #11829 of 483125/9/12 at 10:15ampost #11830 of 483125/9/12 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by dukerules
OK, lame question alert, but I'm looking to buy something a bit special for a big birthday coming up in a couple of years. An epic lifetime piece, if you will. Right now, I've got it narrowed down to one of these two: the PP 5711/1A Nautilus or the AP 15202 Jumbo. Thoughts?
Well well well! What a sight for sore eyes :-) Mr Gerald Genta is in the house (sadly no longer with us) Dukes this is such a great dilemma and what a birthday treat you will have because both are winners in their own right and both have a similar 'dress' look.
AP have for this year 'new' released the 15400 (there's one in 41mm and 39mm like the original design) well worth consideration. Patek, do in my opinion have the edge on design and build (the protected winder for example and (movement is now their own) - A JLC base Calibre is in the AP - but if I'm pushed I think I'd take the AP with the version with 'seconds' hand.
There's a huge difference in cost with the two Brands and therefore ...dollar for dollar.
Its AP!post #11831 of 483125/9/12 at 10:42ampost #11832 of 483125/9/12 at 11:11ampost #11833 of 483125/9/12 at 11:30ampost #11834 of 483125/9/12 at 11:37ampost #11835 of 483125/9/12 at 11:58am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › WTS: SuitSupply Napoli 36S 3 minutes ago
- › Trying to find cargo pants 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › The Things You Think You Know: Myth Busting in Classic Menswear 14 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Need advice on SuitsDirect! 17 minutes ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding