Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 5:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 1:38 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 789post #11822 of 483125/9/12 at 6:32ampost #11823 of 483125/9/12 at 7:59ampost #11824 of 483125/9/12 at 8:23ampost #11825 of 483125/9/12 at 8:26ampost #11826 of 483125/9/12 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #11827 of 483125/9/12 at 8:31amhey guys, haven't been posting much just lurking on this thread and love it. As for above i'd say AP, the look is quite distinguished IMO.
shameless plug! if anyone is interested in JLC ultra thin i have one for sale!
http://www.styleforum.net/t/299764/jlc-master-grande-ultra-thinpost #11828 of 483125/9/12 at 9:44ampost #11829 of 483125/9/12 at 10:15ampost #11830 of 483125/9/12 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by dukerules
OK, lame question alert, but I'm looking to buy something a bit special for a big birthday coming up in a couple of years. An epic lifetime piece, if you will. Right now, I've got it narrowed down to one of these two: the PP 5711/1A Nautilus or the AP 15202 Jumbo. Thoughts?
Well well well! What a sight for sore eyes :-) Mr Gerald Genta is in the house (sadly no longer with us) Dukes this is such a great dilemma and what a birthday treat you will have because both are winners in their own right and both have a similar 'dress' look.
AP have for this year 'new' released the 15400 (there's one in 41mm and 39mm like the original design) well worth consideration. Patek, do in my opinion have the edge on design and build (the protected winder for example and (movement is now their own) - A JLC base Calibre is in the AP - but if I'm pushed I think I'd take the AP with the version with 'seconds' hand.
There's a huge difference in cost with the two Brands and therefore ...dollar for dollar.
Its AP!post #11831 of 483125/9/12 at 10:42ampost #11832 of 483125/9/12 at 11:11ampost #11833 of 483125/9/12 at 11:30ampost #11834 of 483125/9/12 at 11:37ampost #11835 of 483125/9/12 at 11:58am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 46 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Tailors who will significantly alter suits in Manhattan? 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano and Girling black oxford - 10.5 E UK 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding