or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 784  

post #11746 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatduhever View Post

Haha, i enjoy browsing through the forums and listening to different perspective from different people! biggrin.gif

interesting, i think i understand.

btw, you bettah keep us updates on what you choose.
post #11747 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

350x515px-LL-b8a05149_IMG_5311.jpeg

lookin hawt!
post #11748 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

I'd probably say none of those - it just isn't worth it to have a baller watch when you are that young - people will either think it is a fake or you are a showoff rich kid (so you can't win either way).
I'd just get a nice used Omega Speedy or vintage Patek and lie about how it was handed down to you from your grandfather or whatever.

im going to have to politely disagree to this. who cares what people think, as long as you are happy with what you choose. take the opportunity to max out on the offer, who knows when you will have that chance again.

just my 2 cents.
post #11749 of 48312

Thanks man! I'm trying to improve the quality of my pix biggrin.gif

 

I don't think either position is mutually exclusive of the other (regarding your response to akatsuki above).

 

Age is certainly important to consider. But you are right to point out the chance may never come again. There is the speedy pro if you want to use only a little of the money, and if you want to blow your wad there is the zenith el primero striking tenth.

 

Both are great for a 21 year old IMHO

post #11750 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

Thanks man! I'm trying to improve the quality of my pix biggrin.gif

you are succeeding at that. cheers.gif
Quote:
I don't think either position is mutually exclusive of the other (regarding your response to akatsuki above).

Age is certainly important to consider. But you are right to point out the chance may never come again. There is the speedy pro, and if you want to come close to your limit of 10k there is the zenith striking tenth

i do agree, and while age is important to consider, its also important to be mindful of how you may feel in 10 years. any watch for 10 Gs will be with you well down the road. it would a shame to buy a watch that you wouldnt want to wear later on.

just food for thought.
post #11751 of 48312
My current lineup
abd66b8b.jpg

My 328 in front of the Panerai boutique in Florence.
PAM.jpg

328 on my JV strap
L1010558.jpg
post #11752 of 48312

Point taken. You are certainly right about that in stitches (but a speedy pro aint goin out of style--I dunno how I'd feel about a Jaquet Droz in 10 years though).

post #11753 of 48312

RR-NYC, love your daytona!

post #11754 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post

My current lineup
abd66b8b.jpg
My 328 in front of the Panerai boutique in Florence.
PAM.jpg
328 on my JV strap
L1010558.jpg

M8 the Pam is 'Rocking' in firenze !! Very Cool! 

post #11755 of 48312
Thread Starter 
On the wrist today. Calf vs. shell boxing[1].gif

326
post #11756 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

On the wrist today. Calf vs. shell boxing[1].gif
326

gdl203 :-) Are you sporting a PAM 195? 

post #11757 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

350x515px-LL-b8a05149_IMG_5311.jpeg

tasty! what is that?
post #11758 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post

My current lineup Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
abd66b8b.jpg
My 328 in front of the Panerai boutique in Florence.
PAM.jpg
328 on my JV strap
L1010558.jpg

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif awesome pr0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

Point taken. You are certainly right about that in stitches (but a speedy pro aint goin out of style--I dunno how I'd feel about a Jaquet Droz in 10 years though).

as are you in the bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

On the wrist today. Calf vs. shell boxing[1].gif
326

winsome per usual g smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post

tasty! what is that?

looks like a JLC moonphase to me.
post #11759 of 48312

here's some clearer shots of the dial ive taken:

 

IMG_5261.JPG

IMG_5278.JPG


Edited by Cylon - 5/6/12 at 5:12pm
post #11760 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpvfx View Post

gdl203 :-) Are you sporting a PAM 195? 

Yes. Are you a fellow Black OPs member?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)