Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 7:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 10:43 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 781post #11702 of 483125/4/12 at 3:38ampost #11703 of 483125/4/12 at 5:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Cylon
Went to a greek restaurant today with my wife. The owner/host had one of these on his wrist:
I guess business is good?
Made my day to see something like this in the wild
I usually don't like talking about "grail watches" but if I had one, this would be on the short list (but in platinum)
I little busy for my tastes!!post #11704 of 483125/4/12 at 5:56ampost #11705 of 483125/4/12 at 6:14ampost #11706 of 483125/4/12 at 6:35ampost #11707 of 483125/4/12 at 6:43ampost #11708 of 483125/4/12 at 7:24am^ Nice Reversos. What's the button for?Quote:
Both are nice - my dad has that Explorer. I have those two straps too, wearing the sub today on the black Nato
No need to have both a 5513 and a 14060 IMO. I actually prefer the aesthetics of a 5513 (though not the later ones with white gold markers) to the 14060, but I didn't know that in 1991. And I'm not sure I would have been as hard on a vintage 5513 as I've been on my 14060.post #11709 of 483125/4/12 at 9:37ampost #11710 of 483125/4/12 at 10:01ampost #11711 of 483125/4/12 at 10:23ampost #11712 of 483125/4/12 at 10:26amQuote:
Reverso Grande Taille Mechanical with the square subdial.
Reverso Duo with the round subdial
http://www.prestigetime.com/item/Jaeger-LeCoultre/Reverso-Duo/271.84.11.htmlpost #11713 of 483125/4/12 at 10:29amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Reverso Grande Taille Mechanical with the square subdial.
If I could just own one watch, that would be it.post #11714 of 483125/4/12 at 10:49am
Pay attention to the square small second dial.
the new one has all the numbers "facing up" whereas the linked one you have there has the numbers going around the dial.
I can't decide if I like one more than the other or just don't care.
minor detail, just throwing it out there!
Love this watch. Def on the short list :)post #11715 of 483125/4/12 at 10:56amQuote:
just saw this!
sadly, cant see any of those images here at work (I'm assuming because they are hotlinked and the firewall is making my life difficult) so I will have a look when I get home!!
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Bespoke shoes in UK - a more affordable option? 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 19 minutes ago
- › Belstaff "Stoneham" Jacket Size 50 Brand New with Tags!! 28 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 39 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...