or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 776  

post #11626 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgein View Post
In my opinion, Cartier makes the most beautiful women's watches.

 

I most certainly agree.

post #11627 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards11 View Post

350

i hate you
post #11628 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

I had not heard of this before so I checked it out... great recommendation Cylon.... that is beautiful. nod[1].gif



Is this a mens watch?

I did a quick search and it looks beautiful, and classy. Just looks a little small.
post #11629 of 48312
253

Thoughts? I would replace the black band with a brown alligator band.
post #11630 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

253
Thoughts? I would replace the black band with a brown alligator band.

 

Sure, brown is more nice for summer :) You can change it from time to time depends on what you are wearing I think

 

post #11631 of 48312

My second watch in my life,

 

bild (1).JPG

post #11632 of 48312
no watch ever suits my tattoos + wrist shape haha
post #11633 of 48312
no watch ever suits my tattoos and wrist shape frown.gif
post #11634 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

253
Thoughts? I would replace the black band with a brown alligator band.

 

It's certainly a beautiful watch but the price is a little steep at 5k. There is a lot of competition at that price point and I'm not sure if Baume Mercier is boxing outside of its weight class there.

 

post #11635 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post



It's certainly a beautiful watch but the price is a little steep at 5k. There is a lot of competition at that price point and I'm not sure if Baume Mercier is boxing outside of its weight class there.

Do you have any recommendations?

This watch was released last year I believe, and from what I have seen the previous model (Baume et Mercier Capeland Mens Chronograph Automatic Watch MOA10005) is can be found at around 3k. If they release a new version this year, I assume the price will drop significantly. But I know nothing about watches so this may not be the case.
post #11636 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

Do you have any recommendations?
This watch was released last year I believe, and from what I have seen the previous model (Baume et Mercier Capeland Mens Chronograph Automatic Watch MOA10005) is can be found at around 3k. If they release a new version this year, I assume the price will drop significantly. But I know nothing about watches so this may not be the case.

Probably is not the case. This is essentially B&M's "Flagship" watch. I doubt it will be dropping in price anytime soon. And the reason this one is significantly more expensive is because it has a flyback function. It is a beautiful watch with a relatively pedestrian movement. I have heard that B&M's finishing is quite nice, however. I second Cyclon in his statement that there are many more watches out there in that price range that are probably a better "value," but if that watch ticks your boxes, then go for it. You may not care about a watch's movement as much as the other WIS on this thread smile.gif.

In this price range, I would maybe look at the Omega Aqua Terra 8500. It is ~ $4,300 MSRP, but with the FAD it is probably only $3,300-3,500, with boxes and papers. The Longines Column Wheel Chrono is also worth looking into, it will run you around $3,300. I am assuming, of course, that you don't want to drop 5 large, but would rather find something in the $3,000 range.
post #11637 of 48312

The MOA10005 is a slightly different watch:

 

1855086.jpg

 

 

The previously posted watch is the MOA10006, and can be had for around ~5k new.

 

If youre looking to spend 5k or under I would first take a look at Longines (Heritage, and the new Heritage 1942 are excellent values), then the Omega Speedmaster Profesional, and the new Zenith El Primero chronographs before making a decision.

 

EDIT: I confined my response to chronos because it seems you are most interested in that. if there are other types then let us know!

 

Newcomer: fistbump.gif on the Longines

post #11638 of 48312
Zenith El Primero Chronos would be substantially more though, eh? I kind of assumed that CalTex was asking for suggestions about a watch that could be dressed-up or dressed-down, but was a Chrono. Also, I would like to warn you, Chronos at that price range (other than the ones mentioned by Cyclon), really aren't going to give you the most bang for your buck. Most chronos are either based off the inexpensive Valjoux movement, or are very expensive column wheel chronos. The chronograph is expensive to make in-house. In the 5k range, a three hander is really the best way to go, or a three hander with a GMT function.

Also, if you are willing to wait, the Zenith Espada may be worth looking into.
post #11639 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I would maybe look at the Omega Aqua Terra 8500. It is ~ $4,300 MSRP, but with the FAD it is probably only $3,300-3,500, with boxes and papers. The Longines Column Wheel Chrono is also worth looking into, it will run you around $3,300. I am assuming, of course, that you don't want to drop 5 large, but would rather find something in the $3,000 range.

The AT is now at $5,500. But you can still buy it at a great price @ $3,200-$3,500ish. I agree with Cylon, you can get a really nice Zenith El Primero chronograph around that price range. If you want something with the blue hand/marker. Longines does have some beautiful chronograph.

I'm pretty sure gdl203 is going post his Longines shortly icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #11640 of 48312

You can get a new 38mm El Primero or the Captain Chronograph for around 5k. The striking tenth will cost you more.

 

+1 for a gdl203 longines action shot, but only if he can break away from the street brawls in WAYWRN lol8[1].gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)