or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 774  

post #11596 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

 

 

No I didn't mean like that, that I should spend my money on that watch. Is it a good watch? Since i'm more of a iwc, rolex and whatever. I know 0 about Cartier..

 

As Cartier go, they are a great 'luxury brand' but I think there are better watches for the money (you own one or two already, as you mention). 

See what others say.  

post #11597 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshap View Post

Here's my newest and the crown jewel of my collection, the Heuer Monaco 1533G:
20120429-6.jpg
20120429-25.jpg
20120429-62.jpg
6978732676_b44a1e578a_b.jpg

Great collection dshap - super IWC Ingenieur I see in the mix. 

 

post #11598 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpvfx View Post

 

 

As Cartier go, they are a great 'luxury brand' but I think there are better watches for the money (you own one or two already, as you mention). 

See what others say.  

 

I like the design alot, but as you say I maybe can get more for the money as for a J-LC, 

 

I'm looking for something like that Cartier so if there is anything better I can get for the money, please let me know. This brand is totally new for me, as I was reading about it I dont see so much diffrent in that price class to other watches (other then it drops alot more in value after using) then maybe a Rolex.

post #11599 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post

nice collection.. what is the blue second hand one at the front? and i like the dressier watch at the front too, is that a tissot?

The one in front is a Tissot Visodate. Quite a handsome little watch for ~$500.
post #11600 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

 

 

I like the design alot, but as you say I maybe can get more for the money as for a J-LC, 

 

I'm looking for something like that Cartier so if there is anything better I can get for the money, please let me know. This brand is totally new for me, as I was reading about it I dont see so much diffrent in that price class to other watches (other then it drops alot more in value after using) then maybe a Rolex.

 

If you like 'Cartier' then Cartier it is - but for the money Rolex, Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe & alike have got to be in the running. Also note those three brand continually noting high resales.

Yes Cartier make the lower entry level stainless steel model but then jumps to precious metal and gems and that really one you are purchasing the bar (precious metal content).

JLC are an amazing brand dollar for dollar (and their movement used widely by other brands) but I have no experience with owning one.  

post #11601 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

Lookin good oison!

350x425px-LL-a240b50e_DSC01024.jpeg

My contribution. Wrist shot as requested.

Cego + Omega = Cegomega?

Love this! Thinking about picking up a Speedy, can't beat a classic like that.
post #11602 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpvfx View Post

 

 

If you like 'Cartier' then Cartier it is - but for the money Rolex, Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe & alike have got to be in the running. Also note those three brand continually noting high resales.

Yes Cartier make the lower entry level stainless steel model but then jumps to precious metal and gems and that really one you are purchasing the bar (precious metal content).

JLC are an amazing brand dollar for dollar (and their movement used widely by other brands) but I have no experience with owning one.  

 

That's the problem. I dont buy the cartier for it's brand but for the design on the watch, but maybe I can get something similar form a better brand and more value for the money. 

post #11603 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

 

 

That's the problem. I dont buy the cartier for it's brand but for the design on the watch, but maybe I can get something similar form a better brand and more value for the money. 

 

Yes, looking at the Santos again, thats a Classic Cartier Case shape, they have a few designs Tank, Panther, Roadster etc but the face is a classical 'Roman dial' - so yes check out other Roman dial watches and take it from there (thats as easy as a google moment). :-) 

post #11604 of 48312
My sinn 144.
170
585
Edited by WhoKnewI - 4/29/12 at 5:20pm
post #11605 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpvfx View Post

 

 

Yes, looking at the Santos again, thats a Classic Cartier Case shape, they have a few designs Tank, Panther, Roadster etc but the face is a classical 'Roman dial' - so yes check out other Roman dial watches and take it from there (thats as easy as a google moment). :-) 

 

Thanks for your help man! Will check that out

post #11606 of 48312

If you like Roman Numerals then check Glashutte Senator Automatic 

post #11607 of 48312

what about these?

 

santos dumont

 

cartier-santos-dumont-18607-068.jpg

 

roger dubuis golden square

 

5150712000036_11.jpg

 

franck muller master square

 

franck-muller-master-square-date-6002-dt_1.jpg



post #11608 of 48312
Love the sixties chrono with numbers at 12 and 6 o'clock. Never been a fan of roman numerals.
post #11609 of 48312
post #11610 of 48312

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalye View Post

what about these?

 

franck muller master square

 



 

I looked at Franck Muller really when I was in Germany but they are quit expensive are they not? The Cartier santos is going for like $7000 new, I dont want to pay much more for a watch right now. 

 

It will be someone of these 2 I think, but if you look at jlc it looks so boring compare to Cartier.

 

jlc-reverso-271.84.10.jpg

cartier-santos-W20073X8_MED.jpg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)