or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 763  

post #11431 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post

But when they get it right... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
233

As a 99.2 owner for many years, I agree with your example. However, DD is a different beast from many of the AHCI guys. His focus is precisely on dial & case design rather than horology (movement, complications...) and he does a really nice job. The case though is on the thick side & slightly clumsy, and wouldn't win unanimous approval IRL.
post #11432 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

As a 99.2 owner for many years, I agree with your example. However, DD is a different beast from many of the AHCI guys. His focus is precisely on dial & case design rather than horology (movement, complications...) and he does a really nice job. The case though is on the thick side & slightly clumsy, and wouldn't win unanimous approval IRL.

Love the strap...anyone know what brand he uses?
post #11433 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Don't know who makes them for him but they're stamped with his brand
post #11434 of 48312


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post


Can't find sales on bespoke watches smile.gif. Plus, I find that 'MIS' and 'WIS' do not really go hand-in-hand. Look at Will, for example.


Google is your friend or contact directly I found is the best option :-) .Whats 'MIS' stand for ? I know 'WIS' (watch idiot savant).

:-) re the video ;-)) who sleeps in their watch! Come on ;-)))

 

post #11435 of 48312

Same maker, different STYLE :-) - actually loses something in this pic better in the real. 

IMG_2186.jpg

post #11436 of 48312

How big is that watch?
 

post #11437 of 48312
42 would be my guess. It looks really big due to the lug.

I really like Speake Marin watch, but they're too thick for me.
post #11438 of 48312
+1 on the 1931 Reverso US Version Strap. I really do not see the appeal in them. The watch on the other hand...

drool.gif

I want a Reverso Ultra thing so badly. I think I would get the white one though.
post #11439 of 48312
Cyclon, just another follow-up question. Do you know how many of the worldwide Reverso 1931s were made? I'm assuming it isn't limited to 100 like the US Versions but is it also safe to assume that it is still limited and not a mainstay model?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post


I want a Reverso Ultra thing so badly. I think I would get the white one though.

I think they only make regular Reverso thin with white dials.
post #11440 of 48312

 

Here's a slightly more 'Edgy' piece (twin Skull).

Re size: 'The Classic Piccadilly' (my first post) is a 38mm the Second SE 'Stars' watch is 42mm with this 'Twin Skulls' is also 42mm - thickness is around 9-10mm on all (roughly).

Not sure if they feel or look to thick but each to there own. 

 

Bespoke after all is about being individual :-) 

IMG_2179.jpg

post #11441 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Cyclon, just another follow-up question. Do you know how many of the worldwide Reverso 1931s were made? I'm assuming it isn't limited to 100 like the US Versions but is it also safe to assume that it is still limited and not a mainstay model?
Thanks!
I think they only make regular Reverso thin with white dials.


Np at all.


The Worldwide Reverso TT1931 isn't limited. Still somewhat difficult to find at your local AD. Probably have better luck in HK and Singapore. Harder stateside. If you really want it, you can call up the boutique and put a down payment.

post #11442 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

+1 on the 1931 Reverso US Version Strap. I really do not see the appeal in them. The watch on the other hand...
drool.gif
I want a Reverso Ultra thing so badly. I think I would get the white one though.



I didnt see the appeal of the US edition in black, but I must admit that I am in love with the brown strap. I probably wouldnt pay all that much extra for it though. Id rather get the worldwide edition and put the diff toward some custom straps.

 

Whats the white one? The White Gold? or the non-tribute model?

post #11443 of 48312
Thread Starter 
I am ashamed to admit I like the faux tritium patina on the US version but I really dislike the sewn-on bands (iconic polo bootmaker or not)
post #11444 of 48312
Really appreciate the info once again Cylon.

I think I actually prefer the worldwide version w/o the faux patina and with the sword hands. I'm indifferent on the 2012s straps as well, it just isn't too appealing to me.
post #11445 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Really appreciate the info once again Cylon.
I think I actually prefer the worldwide version w/o the faux patina and with the sword hands. I'm indifferent on the 2012s straps as well, it just isn't too appealing to me.

pretty much agree with this, though would not sneeze at owning either and would like to see them in person. I do think the brown strap (as a concept) looks great on the watch--I too would likely buy the worldwide (if i were buying any) and get some custom straps. Both hands are nice but I think I have a slight preference for the sword.

so bummed, missed an amazing deal on a speedy pro yesterday on TZ. someone posted a local sale only for $1800 on a very nice looking recently serviced speedy. Gone in 30 minutes. I saw the posting about an hour after it went up. le sigh. Another like-new one up right now for $2870 but at that price I would almost consider just buying new.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)