or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 708  

post #10606 of 48312
^
that is my main concern with a 'thin' watch. although I'm small, I still don't want it to look like a woman's watch.
post #10607 of 48312
the "thin/thick" thing is not what IMO makes the watch look feminine... part of this is skewed perception now w/ all the ridiculously too large watches out there to begin with. just sayin
post #10608 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

the "thin/thick" thing is not what IMO makes the watch look feminine... part of this is skewed perception now w/ all the ridiculously too large watches out there to begin with. just sayin

its not the thickness of the case with some of the reversos for me. its the width and height. on my wrist instead of looking elegant its looks teeny tiny.
post #10609 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

its not the thickness of the case with some of the reversos for me. its the width and height. on my wrist instead of looking elegant its looks teeny tiny.

well ya in that case, proportionally, depending on one's size it would look small. I'm lean and thin so it looks and fits fine on me. satisfied.gif
post #10610 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

well ya in that case, proportionally, depending on one's size it would look small. I'm lean and thin so it looks and fits fine on me. satisfied.gif

i hate you forever you skinny bastard. smile.gif
post #10611 of 48312

Here are a few photos of my other rose gold VC.  It has a manual wind movement.  The case is asymetric and if you look closely, you will see the edges of the Roman numerals mirror the asymetric case shape.  The buckle for the deployant clasp also follows the case shape.  Patek, AP, VC and Cartier have all done versions of asymetric cased watches in he past.  So far I only have three true dress watches and none of them have a round case.  Not sure if that is a theme I will continue with for dress watches or if I will eventually add a round dress watch to the mix. 

 

DSCN1396_354.jpg

 

DSCN1386_344.jpg

 

DSCN1408_357.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

post #10612 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i hate you forever you skinny bastard. smile.gif

lol8[1].gif well conversely some very cool larger watches don't fit me... so there are both pros and cons to being a skinny bastard happy.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Here are a few photos of my other rose gold VC. 
350x263px-LL-31497344_DSCN1396_354.jpeg

this is fucking sick! I dig it... you've got some nice pieces Dino!
post #10613 of 48312

Saw the B&M flyback yesterday - looks very good (comes with a nicely modded LJP movement), though I just can't bring myself to pay $5+K for a B&M:

 

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2011/12/5/a-week-on-the-wrist-the-baume-mercier-capeland-flyback-chron.html

 

untitled.png

 

 


Edited by Eustace Tilley - 2/12/12 at 7:05pm
post #10614 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonneker View Post

+1; just not the same without that triple espresso.

Nothing is icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #10615 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

Saw the B&M flyback yesterday - looks very good (comes with a nicely modded LJP movement), though I just can't bring myself to pay $5+K for a B&M:

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2011/12/5/a-week-on-the-wrist-the-baume-mercier-capeland-flyback-chron.html


looks nice, but i really like the tweed jacket its sitting on. peepwall[1].gif
post #10616 of 48312
Thread Starter 
44mm case with a big spacer to accommodate a smallish movement is always fail for me. In this case, it's also the reason for the awkward date window placement

It's a pretty dial for sure
post #10617 of 48312
this may have been posted sometime before but I was just reading about it and then saw the video of it in action... this is absolutely crazy.

317

here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2012/1/30/in-depth-the-jaeger-lecoultre-duometre-a-spherotourbillon-li.html
post #10618 of 48312

^^The Duometer collection is pretty hit or miss imo. The new 40.5mm Duometer Lunaire is a real winner though!

 

untitled.png

 

 

 


Edited by Eustace Tilley - 2/12/12 at 7:04pm
post #10619 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

^^The Duometer collection is pretty hit or miss imo. The new 40.5mm Duometer Lunaire is a real winner though!

Btw, how are people posting pics on the new forum? None of my embedded links via PhotoBucket seem to work.

I was more just dazzled by the video that shows the gyro in action and the complications working inside... it's a bit TOO crazy for me, but interesting.

in the little toolbar above the editor, click on the "picture" to the left of the paperclip... put the url in there... nod[1].gif
post #10620 of 48312

Thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)