I do hope you'll get a chance to wear it with something a bit more interesting! That's a great looking piece.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 6:51 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:00 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 700post #10486 of 483122/6/12 at 10:09ampost #10487 of 483122/6/12 at 10:34ampost #10488 of 483122/6/12 at 10:48ampost #10489 of 483122/6/12 at 11:03amYachts and luxury backseats are sooo old - that's a piece I want to see with that sweatshirt, a washed-out OCBD, khakis or well-fitting jeans.
...because it is such a nice piece on its own. I do also happen to know that it has ended up in a pair of very loving hands, n'est-ce pas?
/Mpost #10490 of 483122/6/12 at 11:55ampost #10491 of 483122/6/12 at 12:45pmpost #10492 of 483122/6/12 at 1:00pmYou guys! Your lives are more GQ than mine it would seem. There are no yachts or luxury automobiles here. I´m a geeky dad with a 3 month old baby girl and a software job, my life is IKEA, the station wagon and milk stains. And a nice watch or ten. Because that´s my passion.post #10493 of 483122/6/12 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by NonServiam
You guys! Your lives are more GQ than mine it would seem. There are no yachts or luxury automobiles here. I´m a geeky dad with a 3 month old baby girl and a software job, my life is IKEA, the station wagon and milk stains. And a nice watch or ten. Because that´s my passion.
Does milk actually stain?post #10494 of 483122/6/12 at 1:07pmpost #10495 of 483122/6/12 at 1:09pmpost #10496 of 483122/6/12 at 1:20pmpost #10497 of 483122/6/12 at 1:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
Well, being a SFer at heart, I LOVE the brown strap. Personally, I don't know if I could handle a black strap. I still don't think I own anything that is black. But this was the stock, dark brown strap. It is a really nice, warm color. I would really like a honey brown or a navy strap though.
Interesting that they call that their dark brown. I've seen a darker brown on a rose gold 8 day Master Reserve. I would agree with you and say its a kind of a honey brown. Its similar to the strap that one of my VC's was delivered on. I think that color brown works nicely on SS, black might be too austere looking. I think for rose I'd want a darker brown or black...I'm still thinking about changing to a darker brown or black on my watch which is rose. Great photos of a very handsome JLC.
post #10498 of 483122/6/12 at 1:36pm
Ok, I might take it out for a spin once in a while. But as explained I´m not exactly the playboy type. BBQing with friends then? Shrimps and white wine with my family? Come summer, sure. Where I live it's dark and cold and full of snow right now. Wearing gold around the house seems very logical to me
As to the price, I expect it to be forgotten and the quality to be remembered ... A nice heirloom watch. Never quite found a Patek that suited me.post #10499 of 483122/6/12 at 1:49pm
Absolutely Stunning! I've always thought that eventually if I added a JLC to my collection it would be a Reverso, but this watch is just beautiful!!! Congrats and enjoy it!Quote:
Although the trend for many years has favored watches in a single metal, I think it works quite nicely on this Seamaster.
post #10500 of 483122/6/12 at 1:57pmQuote:
Quality will be enjoyed and remembered long after the price has been paid.
I've looked at Pateks, but find many are a bit stodgy for my taste.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Roberto Ugolini, First pair! 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...