Congrats! Now lets see some photos of the new watch.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 9:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 9:16 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 680post #10186 of 483121/28/12 at 6:56ampost #10187 of 483121/28/12 at 8:29ampost #10188 of 483121/28/12 at 9:47ampost #10189 of 483121/28/12 at 1:30pmpost #10190 of 483121/28/12 at 2:21pm
Yes, they can be found at that price in mint condition. To avoid disappointment let me say $2-4k because it seems I was slightly lowballing the rolex....but we are close. Not promoting any of these, just giving you an idea:
https://www.chrono24.com/en/jaegerlecoultre/master-control-ultra-thin--id1927247.htm?dosearch=true&query=master+ultra+thin&resultview=list&searchexplain=1&sortorder=1&suchen=Search&dosearch=true&urlSubpath=/search/index.htmpost #10191 of 483121/28/12 at 7:46pmpost #10192 of 483121/28/12 at 11:36pmpost #10193 of 483121/29/12 at 1:30ampost #10194 of 483121/29/12 at 10:27ampost #10195 of 483121/29/12 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Great article Cylon, thank you very much!
I currently own a vintage Omega De Ville (1st pic) as a dress/formal watch that I wear to work a couple times a week and because its in pristine condition, I only want to wear it on special occasions. Therefore, I'm looking for a watch that can pull double duty with a suit or jeans. I have another vintage Omega manual wind with sub-second dial at 6 o'clock that gets some action during the week also.
Choice 1a is an IWC Portugese Automatic 7-Day (2nd pic) and 1b is the JLC Master Control (3rd & 4th pic). I haven't been able to find exact pricing on the IWC or JLC but from what I understand, the JLC is no longer in production so I may be able to get a better price. I'm not in a hurry to buy, since the watch will be a present to myself for a possible promotion at work this spring.
not sure if this was posted, the JLC was replaced with the model pictured below, the master calendar. you would have to find the one in your pic on the used market i imagine, as it was replaced already a little while ago. i think you really cant go wrong either way. i was thisclose to buying the JLC not too long ago and its still a watch i would like to have. the blancpain that was posted is also a nice option. but if youre looking for something that would also work with jeans and casual wear i think in this case the IWC is the way to go. just my 2 cents.
full retail new on the current JLC is $10,200 in steel and $21,000 in 18K
full retail on the IWC is $12,400 in steel and $23,700 in 18K.
figure if youre thrifty and willing to buy online you can get em at 30% off and if you buy pre owned significantly less than that.
either way, best of luck and keep us posted!post #10196 of 483121/29/12 at 1:50pmpost #10197 of 483121/29/12 at 1:53pmglad you did that. beautiful watch, front and back. although i am really disappointed in JLCs decision to change their folding clasp. the old one was so much nicer, heftier and had an amazing finish.
NO CONTESTpost #10198 of 483121/29/12 at 1:55pmpost #10199 of 483121/29/12 at 2:01pmpost #10200 of 483121/29/12 at 2:02pm
Can't comment as I don't know enough to compare, but your pics definitely make a strong case!
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 33 minutes ago
- › First trench coat advice. Burberry Kesington vs Sandringham? 40 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 41 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 42 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 47 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway