Congrats! Now lets see some photos of the new watch.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 6:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 5/2/16 at 1:15pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 680post #10186 of 483121/28/12 at 6:56ampost #10187 of 483121/28/12 at 8:29ampost #10188 of 483121/28/12 at 9:47ampost #10189 of 483121/28/12 at 1:30pmpost #10190 of 483121/28/12 at 2:21pm
Yes, they can be found at that price in mint condition. To avoid disappointment let me say $2-4k because it seems I was slightly lowballing the rolex....but we are close. Not promoting any of these, just giving you an idea:
https://www.chrono24.com/en/jaegerlecoultre/master-control-ultra-thin--id1927247.htm?dosearch=true&query=master+ultra+thin&resultview=list&searchexplain=1&sortorder=1&suchen=Search&dosearch=true&urlSubpath=/search/index.htmpost #10191 of 483121/28/12 at 7:46pmpost #10192 of 483121/28/12 at 11:36pmpost #10193 of 483121/29/12 at 1:30ampost #10194 of 483121/29/12 at 10:27ampost #10195 of 483121/29/12 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Great article Cylon, thank you very much!
I currently own a vintage Omega De Ville (1st pic) as a dress/formal watch that I wear to work a couple times a week and because its in pristine condition, I only want to wear it on special occasions. Therefore, I'm looking for a watch that can pull double duty with a suit or jeans. I have another vintage Omega manual wind with sub-second dial at 6 o'clock that gets some action during the week also.
Choice 1a is an IWC Portugese Automatic 7-Day (2nd pic) and 1b is the JLC Master Control (3rd & 4th pic). I haven't been able to find exact pricing on the IWC or JLC but from what I understand, the JLC is no longer in production so I may be able to get a better price. I'm not in a hurry to buy, since the watch will be a present to myself for a possible promotion at work this spring.
not sure if this was posted, the JLC was replaced with the model pictured below, the master calendar. you would have to find the one in your pic on the used market i imagine, as it was replaced already a little while ago. i think you really cant go wrong either way. i was thisclose to buying the JLC not too long ago and its still a watch i would like to have. the blancpain that was posted is also a nice option. but if youre looking for something that would also work with jeans and casual wear i think in this case the IWC is the way to go. just my 2 cents.
full retail new on the current JLC is $10,200 in steel and $21,000 in 18K
full retail on the IWC is $12,400 in steel and $23,700 in 18K.
figure if youre thrifty and willing to buy online you can get em at 30% off and if you buy pre owned significantly less than that.
either way, best of luck and keep us posted!post #10196 of 483121/29/12 at 1:50pmpost #10197 of 483121/29/12 at 1:53pmglad you did that. beautiful watch, front and back. although i am really disappointed in JLCs decision to change their folding clasp. the old one was so much nicer, heftier and had an amazing finish.
NO CONTESTpost #10198 of 483121/29/12 at 1:55pmpost #10199 of 483121/29/12 at 2:01pmpost #10200 of 483121/29/12 at 2:02pm
Can't comment as I don't know enough to compare, but your pics definitely make a strong case!
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Making your own shirt 5 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 20 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts