Congrats! Now lets see some photos of the new watch.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:40 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 680post #10186 of 483131/28/12 at 6:56am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #10187 of 483131/28/12 at 8:29ampost #10188 of 483131/28/12 at 9:47ampost #10189 of 483131/28/12 at 1:30pmpost #10190 of 483131/28/12 at 2:21pm
Yes, they can be found at that price in mint condition. To avoid disappointment let me say $2-4k because it seems I was slightly lowballing the rolex....but we are close. Not promoting any of these, just giving you an idea:
https://www.chrono24.com/en/jaegerlecoultre/master-control-ultra-thin--id1927247.htm?dosearch=true&query=master+ultra+thin&resultview=list&searchexplain=1&sortorder=1&suchen=Search&dosearch=true&urlSubpath=/search/index.htmpost #10191 of 483131/28/12 at 7:46pmpost #10192 of 483131/28/12 at 11:36pmpost #10193 of 483131/29/12 at 1:30ampost #10194 of 483131/29/12 at 10:27ampost #10195 of 483131/29/12 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Great article Cylon, thank you very much!
I currently own a vintage Omega De Ville (1st pic) as a dress/formal watch that I wear to work a couple times a week and because its in pristine condition, I only want to wear it on special occasions. Therefore, I'm looking for a watch that can pull double duty with a suit or jeans. I have another vintage Omega manual wind with sub-second dial at 6 o'clock that gets some action during the week also.
Choice 1a is an IWC Portugese Automatic 7-Day (2nd pic) and 1b is the JLC Master Control (3rd & 4th pic). I haven't been able to find exact pricing on the IWC or JLC but from what I understand, the JLC is no longer in production so I may be able to get a better price. I'm not in a hurry to buy, since the watch will be a present to myself for a possible promotion at work this spring.
not sure if this was posted, the JLC was replaced with the model pictured below, the master calendar. you would have to find the one in your pic on the used market i imagine, as it was replaced already a little while ago. i think you really cant go wrong either way. i was thisclose to buying the JLC not too long ago and its still a watch i would like to have. the blancpain that was posted is also a nice option. but if youre looking for something that would also work with jeans and casual wear i think in this case the IWC is the way to go. just my 2 cents.
full retail new on the current JLC is $10,200 in steel and $21,000 in 18K
full retail on the IWC is $12,400 in steel and $23,700 in 18K.
figure if youre thrifty and willing to buy online you can get em at 30% off and if you buy pre owned significantly less than that.
either way, best of luck and keep us posted!post #10196 of 483131/29/12 at 1:50pmpost #10197 of 483131/29/12 at 1:53pmglad you did that. beautiful watch, front and back. although i am really disappointed in JLCs decision to change their folding clasp. the old one was so much nicer, heftier and had an amazing finish.
NO CONTESTpost #10198 of 483131/29/12 at 1:55pmpost #10199 of 483131/29/12 at 2:01pmpost #10200 of 483131/29/12 at 2:02pm
Can't comment as I don't know enough to compare, but your pics definitely make a strong case!
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 43 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Damana Shampoo 6 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?