Well this is a pr0n thread after all
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 10:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: Yesterday
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 679post #10171 of 482451/27/12 at 11:28amThread Starter
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #10172 of 482451/27/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
The movement itself is less loud than the other watches in my possession (Ebay acquirements of Slava, Zim Pobeda and Vostok), but the movement of the rotor is surprisingly loud.post #10173 of 482451/27/12 at 1:33pmpost #10174 of 482451/27/12 at 3:00pmpost #10175 of 482451/27/12 at 3:26pmpost #10176 of 482451/27/12 at 3:41pmpost #10177 of 482451/27/12 at 4:45pmpost #10178 of 482451/27/12 at 4:54pmDilemma - I have yet to try either on my wrist (Tuesday), but I love the aesthetics of the DateJust from the 90's more than the modern ones which have a bulkier looking dial.
The reason why I'm not completely sold on the older? Well, I want a jubilee band and hear all about the stretching. So, if I find a 90's DateJust in mint condition, should I not worry about the Jubilee band? Or should this be a serious concern of mine?post #10179 of 482451/27/12 at 5:02pmQuote:
ya sometimes the vintages can be problematic.... but there are pros and cons to both options here... FWIW I do like the Hamilton!post #10180 of 482451/27/12 at 5:26pmQuote:
I think you just have to budget appropriately or just have a good relationship with a watchmaker who does some vintage selling as well.post #10181 of 482451/27/12 at 5:28pmQuote:
I think you just have to budget appropriately or just have a good relationship with a watchmaker who does some vintage selling as well.post #10182 of 482451/27/12 at 5:29pmQuote:
+1... definitely. My local jeweler has been dealing with my family for years (3 generations). It's very helpful to have a good rapport with someone whom you can trust... makes buying vintage MUCH easier.post #10183 of 482451/27/12 at 5:46pm
there is one of the USS Omega's for sale in my small time paper today!
never heard of it, now this post...coincidinky
Quote:Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Great article Cylon, thank you very much!
I currently own a vintage Omega De Ville (1st pic) as a dress/formal watch that I wear to work a couple times a week and because its in pristine condition, I only want to wear it on special occasions. Therefore, I'm looking for a watch that can pull double duty with a suit or jeans. I have another vintage Omega manual wind with sub-second dial at 6 o'clock that gets some action during the week also.
Choice 1a is an IWC Portugese Automatic 7-Day (2nd pic) and 1b is the JLC Master Control (3rd & 4th pic). I haven't been able to find exact pricing on the IWC or JLC but from what I understand, the JLC is no longer in production so I may be able to get a better price. I'm not in a hurry to buy, since the watch will be a present to myself for a possible promotion at work this spring.post #10184 of 482451/28/12 at 6:06am
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Currently, there are 1313 Active Users (274 Members and 1039 Guests)
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 12 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 29 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 47 seconds ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 55 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › Is this too much colour in an outfit guys? 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...