Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 677post #10141 of 482591/26/12 at 5:17am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #10142 of 482591/26/12 at 6:56ampost #10143 of 482591/26/12 at 7:42amQuote:
Quote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Smaller case sizes can definitely be a limiting factor in terms of using an automatic movement in a ladies watch. Although, there have been a few ladies watches that are automatics such as the Rolex ladies Datejust, a ladies IWC Pilot watch that was made in the 1990s, and I believe there have been a Blancpain or two that were automatics. Patek, GO, JLC, Cartier and a few others have offered a handful of manual wind ladies watches although most of their ladies selections are quartz.
I believe Texasmade and I were slightly misquoted. We were specifically discussing automatic movements in ladies watches, not mechanical movements which include manual wind movements.
Yes, JLC's cal 101 is quite famous. It powered the watch Queen Elizabeth II was wearing during her coronation ceremony. Its an absolutely amazing achievement to make a manual wind movement, which is that small. Unfortunately, I'm sure a combination of the cost of production and the limited number of women that want to manual wind a watch on a regular basis limit its use in a larger number of watches.post #10144 of 482591/26/12 at 7:57ampost #10145 of 482591/26/12 at 8:04am
What's more formal: leather strap or metal bracelet? I'm debating between the Citizen WR100 with a black leather strap or a steel bracelet.post #10146 of 482591/26/12 at 8:06ampost #10147 of 482591/26/12 at 8:10amQuote:Originally Posted by dysomnia
What's more formal: leather strap or metal bracelet? I'm debating between the Citizen WR100 with a black leather strap or a steel bracelet.
While, I consider a leather strap more formal, I always opt for the medal bracelet and buy a leather strap from one of the after-market manufacturers. An OEM & after-market medal bracelet is going to be more difficult to find and more expensive.post #10148 of 482591/26/12 at 8:23ampost #10149 of 482591/26/12 at 9:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
I actually prefer the Master Ultra Thin Tourbillon, very simple and elegant. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
great watch, and its priced very well for a tourbillon from a major manfacture. iirc they made it available in steel for the purpose of making a tourbillon available under 50K.
i would love to sit and talk watches with GDL some day.post #10150 of 482591/26/12 at 9:55ampost #10151 of 482591/26/12 at 10:01ampost #10152 of 482591/26/12 at 10:02ampost #10153 of 482591/26/12 at 10:06ampost #10154 of 482591/26/12 at 10:42am
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 9 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 45 seconds ago
- › Loafers with a suit? 48 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...