or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carson Street Clothiers - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carson Street Clothiers - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 4

post #46 of 284

Might I trouble you for sleeve lengths on the CSC brand Oxford Button Down Sport Shirt sizes S&M?

 

thank you for your time

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #47 of 284
Thread Starter 

Hey Stevent,

 

Sorry for the delayed response: it's been a bit nuts since we got back from Europe. Apologies.

 

We had complimentary domestic ground shipping until we went to sale. With a 70% reduction, we cannot afford to swallow more margin, particularly on some of the less expensive goods at CSC. While we are committed to excellent customer service, we hope you understand this legitimate business concern.

 

Best,

 

Brian

post #48 of 284
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post


Not sure that is too bad, but your international shipping is pretty ridiculous. I have almost ordered on numerous occasions only to be put off by this system and cost. Are there any plans to change this?

Hey Pink Socks,

 

Sorry about the expense in international shipping. The way that works is that we negotiate rates with our carrier. We use an international hub in California that then ships for us. Their rates are dependent upon volume. So until we reach a critical mass of international orders, there's nothing we can do about international shipping (as far as we know with the current system in place). 

 

Again, apologies for the issue. As a small yet growing company, there are probably literally thousands of things for us to work out on the back end (particularly the back end of web operations). Hopefully we can address this particular issue at some point in 2014.

 

Best,

 

Brian

post #49 of 284
Hadnt seen your answer that was posted while I was typing Re: international shipping. Thanks for the clarification and time, unfortunately, 100$ shipping for sports coats and 40$ shipping for ties makes some of your offerings seem a lot less desirable.

Edited by mmmtttt - 1/31/14 at 10:11am
post #50 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonstreet View Post

Hey Stevent,

Sorry for the delayed response: it's been a bit nuts since we got back from Europe. Apologies.

We had complimentary domestic ground shipping until we went to sale. With a 70% reduction, we cannot afford to swallow more margin, particularly on some of the less expensive goods at CSC. While we are committed to excellent customer service, we hope you understand this legitimate business concern.

Best,

Brian

Was just asking the other guy if they were for real asking you to ship by using usps flat rate. I don't have any issues with your shipping prices.
post #51 of 284
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMC View Post
 

Might I trouble you for sleeve lengths on the CSC brand Oxford Button Down Sport Shirt sizes S&M?

 

thank you for your time

See below:

 

S: 33"

M: 34"

 

Keep in mind that we offer complimentary alterations on most anything you can do to a garment, excluding a few expensive operations (e.g., shortening collars, rotating sleeves, shortening coats, functioning buttonholes, to name a few) in which we will pass along a modest fee. Shirt sleeve length is covered under tailoring we offer complimentarily.

 

Hope that info helps!

 

Best,

 

Brian

post #52 of 284
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Was just asking the other guy if they were for real asking you to ship by using usps flat rate. I don't have any issues with your shipping prices.

I responded to the wrong person, obviously! My bad. No indictment on you, for sure.

post #53 of 284
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmtttt View Post
 

I understand your concerns and assure you that we are trying to work this issue out in 2014.

 

While I agree with some of your comments (e.g., re: ties), some of the international shipping rates, in my mind, are not such a bad deal in the overall context of what you are getting.

 

Sure, if you order a blazer from one of our third party vendors, maybe that rate is way high, seeing that you might be able to find the same piece elsewhere with better shipping rates. However, our CSC Made in Italy, fully canvassed Loro Piana fabric soft shoulder blazers are retailing around $950. Even with the $100 shipping, all in you're at $1050 full retail no sale price. In a day and age where you regularly find half canvassed, Made in USA blazers at $1500+, in my mind, this is a fantastic deal.

 

That being said, prices are relative to the end user, obviously. We don't all have the same financial means, and this could be an unbelievably expensive item to many people. I get that. 

 

But thank you for the note, and once more: yes, we are working on it :bigstar:

post #54 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonstreet View Post
 

I understand your concerns and assure you that we are trying to work this issue out in 2014.

 

While I agree with some of your comments (e.g., re: ties), some of the international shipping rates, in my mind, are not such a bad deal in the overall context of what you are getting.

 

Sure, if you order a blazer from one of our third party vendors, maybe that rate is way high, seeing that you might be able to find the same piece elsewhere with better shipping rates. However, our CSC Made in Italy, fully canvassed Loro Piana fabric soft shoulder blazers are retailing around $950. Even with the $100 shipping, all in you're at $1050 full retail no sale price. In a day and age where you regularly find half canvassed, Made in USA blazers at $1500+, in my mind, this is a fantastic deal.

 

That being said, prices are relative to the end user, obviously. We don't all have the same financial means, and this could be an unbelievably expensive item to many people. I get that.

 

But thank you for the note, and once more: yes, we are working on it :bigstar:

 

I'm not international so i don't have this problem but the problem isn't so much how much you're paying for, but what you're paying for.  $100 still keeps it under USA made blazers, but the $100 is seen as a sunk cost as long as it's known it could be more affordable.

 

just my 0.02

post #55 of 284
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohare View Post
 

 

I'm not international so i don't have this problem but the problem isn't so much how much you're paying for, but what you're paying for.  $100 still keeps it under USA made blazers, but the $100 is seen as a sunk cost as long as it's known it could be more affordable.

 

just my 0.02

100% understand your points, but I feel as though the overall price really is all that matters in the situation. For instance, with international travel, your plane ticket might only be $500, and the taxes and fees $1000 bringing your total to $1500. No one cares much about the price of the flight but the overall ticket. It's neither here nor there, but it's a comparable scenario.

 

That being said, we will try to get our carrier to lower the rate in 2014--it's a top priority!

 

.brian

post #56 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonstreet View Post
 

I understand your concerns and assure you that we are trying to work this issue out in 2014.

 

While I agree with some of your comments (e.g., re: ties), some of the international shipping rates, in my mind, are not such a bad deal in the overall context of what you are getting.

 

Sure, if you order a blazer from one of our third party vendors, maybe that rate is way high, seeing that you might be able to find the same piece elsewhere with better shipping rates. However, our CSC Made in Italy, fully canvassed Loro Piana fabric soft shoulder blazers are retailing around $950. Even with the $100 shipping, all in you're at $1050 full retail no sale price. In a day and age where you regularly find half canvassed, Made in USA blazers at $1500+, in my mind, this is a fantastic deal.

 

That being said, prices are relative to the end user, obviously. We don't all have the same financial means, and this could be an unbelievably expensive item to many people. I get that.

 

But thank you for the note, and once more: yes, we are working on it :bigstar:

 

You make very good points, as the poster above me mentionned, its mostly the fact that shipping is seen as a separate cost from the product itself (''This cost X, but i have to pay Y to get it). And when you see some beautiful prices such as 315$ sport coats, but after checkout the price that goes on your card is suddenly around 500$, you stop for a second and ask yourself, okay, do I still really want this.

 

500$ for those sport coats still is an extremely amazing deal, but its that itchy feeling that it was listed as 315$ that bugs me and I am sure a lot of other people.

 

(I understand that a good part (100$) of the increase in price is due to duties, which are out of your control, but its the addition of those 2 charges that make me go quickly from. ''im buying this right away'' to ''do i really need this''

 

I do hope you manage to get some lower rates because your store does have some amazing offerings.

post #57 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonstreet View Post

Hey Pink Socks,

Sorry about the expense in international shipping. The way that works is that we negotiate rates with our carrier. We use an international hub in California that then ships for us. Their rates are dependent upon volume. So until we reach a critical mass of international orders, there's nothing we can do about international shipping (as far as we know with the current system in place). 

Again, apologies for the issue. As a small yet growing company, there are probably literally thousands of things for us to work out on the back end (particularly the back end of web operations). Hopefully we can address this particular issue at some point in 2014.

Best,

Brian

Thanks for the response Brian. I enjoy following the progress of your store and am impressed with the range of products you offer. I understand you are a small company that are still quite new and there are many issues to address. Regarding international shipping - hopefully in future either something will change with the company you use or you will find an alternative method.

I look forward to ordering from you in the future. Good luck with 2014.
post #58 of 284
Does your final sale end on a particular date, or when the remaining F/W stock sells out?
post #59 of 284
Had no idea you guys were AVs. I have been enjoying my SNS for the past week.

Great service and super quick shipping. Thanks!
post #60 of 284
Thread Starter 

Hey AC,

 

Sorry for such an amazingly long delay: for some reason, I never got the subscriptions update email.

 

ANYWAYS: the hard end-date to our sale is March 1. We are about 1/4 delivered on SS '14, so it's only a matter of time before everything is gone from FW. We still have styles, but sizes are VERY scattered.

 

.brian

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carson Street Clothiers - Official Affiliate Thread