Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandCarminatagged by mcblack, 11/12/16
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandLoaketagged by Cleav, 3/24/15More
- topicShoestagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
Related Forum Threads
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 3:58 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Yesterday at 6:21 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford - Page 63post #931 of 10035/15/16 at 1:42pmpost #932 of 10035/20/16 at 4:43ampost #933 of 10035/28/16 at 11:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Swede66
To my defenition "sleek" is a shoe with a somewhat "petit" overall look. So a thin sole, a narrow cut welt, a narrow waist and, most often, not a lot of brogueing. Toe shape per see has nothing to do with it.
From others comments I see that for some it means a pointy toe last and for others a chiseled toe last, even of the shoe overall is not very sleek.
With my defenition AS certainly has sleek lasts, Armfield on 109 for one (almond toe), Moore on 724 (square, slightly chiesel toe) another.
Carmina Rain, of which I have three pairs, is a square toe last but it is also a fairly wide last and hence not the most "sleek" in my view. Inca is a pointy toe last and less wide than Rain so somewhat "sleeker" (however not at all to my taste).
Other mid range makers with sleekness is IMO Vass (U-last, K-last), Yanko (915 last), Enzo Bonafé (946 last) to mention a few.
Lowest price is Yanko, most bang-for-buck i Vass and EB.
Hey thanks for this. Was very helpful. Went with the Armfield in the end! I like them a lot. Cheers matepost #934 of 10035/29/16 at 10:45amQuote:
The Armfield is great (I own a pair in chesnut), but for my feet (109.5 UK) I find it a tad pointy. I have the feeling that sleekier lasts are more "efficient" in smaller feet and keep better the proportions. As far as I have seen, the toe point is the same in size 7 or size 11 which changes the shoe. Any thoughts about this from fellow SF membrers?post #935 of 10036/2/16 at 5:15pmpost #936 of 10036/4/16 at 11:21ampost #937 of 10036/4/16 at 11:53amQuote:Originally Posted by marcodalondra
I have finally collected these today, a pair of true Balmoral Oxfords with diamond punch captoe in Freudenberg (Weinheimer) boxcalf by Antonio Esposito on my bespoke last by Steven Lowe of Crispinians Ltd Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They are glorious, but I believe the diamond broguing disqualifies them from this thread.post #938 of 10036/7/16 at 4:03pmpost #939 of 10036/9/16 at 9:37ampost #940 of 10036/9/16 at 5:17pmpost #941 of 10036/9/16 at 7:22pmpost #942 of 10036/9/16 at 10:34pmpost #943 of 10036/10/16 at 5:20amQuote:
The simple answer.... YES.
The in depth answer, read this thread when you have a few months...post #944 of 10036/10/16 at 8:58ampost #945 of 10036/11/16 at 12:33pmQuote:
I think the OP @wurger has posted several punched cup toe in this thread.
I actually felt the diamond punched captoe was more elegant that the more common 5 round holes option.
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Currently, there are 758 Active Users (103 Members and 655 Guests)
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 seconds ago
- › Cordings of piccadilly 37 seconds ago
- › J Crew Dock Peacoat w/ Thinsulate, Medium, Navy (Unworn) 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 8 minutes ago
- › Wool blended ties 9 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 12 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Hypothetically speaking you could buy an existing set of clothing... 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...