Paul Evans are also Blake stitched FWIW. Meermin for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandCarminatagged by mcblack, 11/12/16
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandLoaketagged by Cleav, 3/24/15More
- topicShoestagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
Related Forum Threads
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 11:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 3/27/17 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Today at 5:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:35 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford - Page 56post #826 of 10288/30/15 at 8:03pmpost #827 of 10288/30/15 at 8:52pmQuote:
Thanks for the input!post #828 of 10289/2/15 at 4:41ampost #829 of 10289/2/15 at 4:59amThread Starterpost #830 of 10289/2/15 at 9:28am
Meermin would be a much better bet over the Paul Evans. If you're willing to spend $370 or whatever on the PEs then you should just grab the wholecut from Carmina, which will be much nicer than both IMO.post #831 of 10289/11/15 at 11:41amQuote:Originally Posted by grc1
Just saw this thread and thought I'd contribute - Riccardo Bestetti, Novecento line on the Perfetta last with hidden seams are doing the heavy lifting in the black captoe department at present, though I have a G&G black Holden on order
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sick!post #832 of 10289/14/15 at 6:27ampost #833 of 10289/15/15 at 8:40amQuote:
In the wild in Geneva todaypost #834 of 10289/15/15 at 8:53ampost #835 of 10289/15/15 at 10:06ampost #836 of 10289/16/15 at 2:02amMy Septième Largeur oxfords arrived yesterday. Really pleased with them - fit extremely well straight out of the box. The best value I've seen given my taste for sharply chiseled lasts and their price point (€245)!
Next to my Gaziano&Girling deco Mitchell - I'd not want to compare the two in terms of construction, leather etc given the extreme difference in price. I find both satisfying for different reasons.post #837 of 102810/12/15 at 3:31pm
Great thread for black cap toes:
Trying to decide between Loake Aldwych captoe vs Yanko 962(round last).
@wurger & other members, can you provide your input regarding these two shoes considering:
- Aesthetically which one of the two cap toes look better?
- The reason for buying Yanko will be Presumably better leather quality, leather board heel counter and toe vs thermoplastic used in Loakes, mild beveling of the sole for Yanko, all these should theoretically provide more comfort.
- The only thing which is a bit bothersome as far as Yanko is concerned is that the “Cap toe” seems to be too wide or too big (for lack of a better word).
Looking forward to all the views.
Pictures here:post #838 of 102810/12/15 at 4:01pmThread Starterpost #839 of 102810/12/15 at 4:18pm
@wurger thanks for your input,
One more thing, if we pitch Loake Aldwych against the following, what would be your opinion?
the new Meermin Elton last Captoe,Elton is a bit sleeker just like the Aldwych.
Yanko 915 Chiseled toe
here are the pictures:post #840 of 102810/12/15 at 6:20pm
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 10 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 21 minutes ago
- › BNIB ALDEN COLOR 8 SHELL 1339 CHUKKA 10E 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Martin Greenfield Clothiers VS. Alan David Custom 27 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...