Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandLoaketagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicShoestagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15More
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
Related Forum Threads
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 3:36 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:40 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 3/22/15 at 3:31pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/25/15 at 5:03pm in Classic Menswear
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/25/15 at 7:21am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford - Page 35
Styleforum Top Picks
I have a pair of Alden shell captoe bals from TSM. I like them a lot. I think i've satisfied my black captoe requirements for life.
I still feel this heap of dollars would have been better spent in bespoke footwear, getting exactly what one wants instead of buying, buying, buying more. Well, at least this comparison mega thread will help any man in the lookout for black oxfords to suit his needs. Lord knows there's much to choose from!
EG 82 today
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm getting the EG Chelseas in Doak on the 82 for now as I have a pair of cap toes from another brand in black already. However strongly considering coming back later and going for another in black later.
Thanks. My black pair was ready to be replaced, but so many good options on here. Bespoke England has some nice G&G black captoes on sale as well...I felt the wurger urge to just buy them all!
Yeah @wurger is a bad influence. LOL
In truth this thread was a fabulous idea and extremely valuable tool for the SF community. When he first started it I was a bit puzzled as to why someone would have so many black oxfords. I've since bought so many boots and shoes that I have a much better idea why. It's not that much different than what I'm doing as well. I mean who in their right mind would buy as many boots or shoes that I have purchased? Well it's simple, I find a use for it and I enjoy what I'm doing.
Although I don't find a desire to buy as many as he has, I do have an urge to possibly upgrade from what I have already. In the meantime I can at least refer to this thread and feel confident in the decision if I chose to do so later.
Hats off to you @wurger.
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 7 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 54 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...