Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- brandLoaketagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- topicShoestagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15More
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
Related Forum Threads
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 1:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:51 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:30 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 5/7/15 at 2:57pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:20 pm in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford - Page 35
Styleforum Top Picks
I have a pair of Alden shell captoe bals from TSM. I like them a lot. I think i've satisfied my black captoe requirements for life.
I still feel this heap of dollars would have been better spent in bespoke footwear, getting exactly what one wants instead of buying, buying, buying more. Well, at least this comparison mega thread will help any man in the lookout for black oxfords to suit his needs. Lord knows there's much to choose from!
EG 82 today
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm getting the EG Chelseas in Doak on the 82 for now as I have a pair of cap toes from another brand in black already. However strongly considering coming back later and going for another in black later.
Thanks. My black pair was ready to be replaced, but so many good options on here. Bespoke England has some nice G&G black captoes on sale as well...I felt the wurger urge to just buy them all!
Yeah @wurger is a bad influence. LOL
In truth this thread was a fabulous idea and extremely valuable tool for the SF community. When he first started it I was a bit puzzled as to why someone would have so many black oxfords. I've since bought so many boots and shoes that I have a much better idea why. It's not that much different than what I'm doing as well. I mean who in their right mind would buy as many boots or shoes that I have purchased? Well it's simple, I find a use for it and I enjoy what I'm doing.
Although I don't find a desire to buy as many as he has, I do have an urge to possibly upgrade from what I have already. In the meantime I can at least refer to this thread and feel confident in the decision if I chose to do so later.
Hats off to you @wurger.
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › BD TV =Amir Khan vs Chris Algeri Live Fight 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › PLAY TV =Khan vs Algieri Fight Live 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › PLAY TV =Khan vs Algieri Fight Live 4 minutes ago
- › TV =Khan vs Algieri Live Fight Free 4 minutes ago
- › JOY TV =Amir Khan vs Chris Algeri Fight Live 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan