Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 7:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/11/17 at 7:01am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD - Page 34post #496 of 13476/18/14 at 12:31pmThread Starterpost #497 of 13476/18/14 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by David Reeves
Of course, it depends how you define "unstructured". I would define a tailored garment with a floating chest piece, shoulder pad and hand padded lapels as structured. A piece of knitwear, a shirt or jersey Jacket I would call an unstructured garment.
My clothes have very light padding and construction, emphasizing cutting rather than padding things out which is really a less sophisticated approach. If you come to my office and try someone else jacket on that is two sizes too big, you can still tell its a well made garment because the sleeves are put in correctly and everything drapes well.
Back to your question, I personally think that heavier cloths are less congruous to unstructured garments (for example heavy tweed). On the other hand this season in particular I have been using very, very lightweight cloths in silks, linens and cottons to make half lined jackets and suits that stylistically look very sharp and English looking.
All of these suits are half lined and made from silk, linen or cotton in the 6.5 - 8.0 weight range
Thanks for the insight.post #498 of 13476/18/14 at 8:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by David Reeves
I am calling time on the sample sale a little early, cleared through most of it yesterday so I am shutting the door and tidying the place up.
Not much left anyway but surprisingly this very classic charcoal grey three piece did not sell for $550! it is a size 38/40 with pleats and a longer cut coat, so its rather traditionally styled. If anyone is interested in picking this up today give me a call: 917 783 2270 and I will let you in to take a look.
I will not be selling this suit after today unless I do another sample sale next summer.
David - Just saw this. Is this still up for sale? I am local. Thanks.post #499 of 13476/19/14 at 3:44ampost #500 of 13476/19/14 at 5:05amThread Starterpost #501 of 13476/19/14 at 5:06amThread Starterpost #502 of 13476/19/14 at 7:35amThread Starterpost #503 of 13476/19/14 at 7:43ampost #504 of 13476/19/14 at 7:56amThread Starterpost #505 of 13476/19/14 at 7:57amQuote:Originally Posted by David Reeves
David Reeves Gilt city sale on custom suits:
Does this only apply to people who get measured in your New York shop, or does it also apply to you doing trunk shows like Toronto? If it applies to international trunk shows like Toronto, when are you planning to visit again?post #506 of 13476/19/14 at 8:30amThread StarterQuote:
Fraid so. The sample sale last week and this Gilt City offer are really intended to give me a boost over the summer as most of my Bespoke clients get out of the city. discounts and sales are not really something I want to drag out or be known for.
This will certainly be the last special offer that I do this year, I may do something similar for summer 2015 but not really sure right now.post #507 of 13476/19/14 at 8:47amQuote:
I've been thinking about getting a couple of pairs made. How would we go about cashing in on this offer, since there's no way to purchase ahead of time using giltcity?post #508 of 13476/19/14 at 8:55ampost #509 of 13476/19/14 at 8:56amThread StarterQuote:
I can just take a card over the phone if you like. Shoot me an email with your Cell and I will call you back today.
email@example.com #510 of 13476/19/14 at 9:23amThread StarterQuote:
I would contact me directly and we can sort something out in this case.
There is a picture of one on my MTMs on the first page of this thread.
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...