or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › DAVID REEVES BESPOKE OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DAVID REEVES BESPOKE OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD - Page 39

post #571 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

thats a lot of pockets. Phone pocket?

Not enough pockets to my mind.

I have two ticket pockets - and on both sides. None carries a large weight or bulk but it means everything is in its place. This coat seems to lack a pen pocket.
post #572 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk368 View Post

"NASCAR" tagging inside the suit perfect.

??
post #573 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

IKB (International Klein Blue) Blazer.


Your standard inner pockets?
post #574 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk368 View Post

"NASCAR" tagging inside the suit perfect.

Jfk368 loves to see the cloth and David Reeves labels in the inside of his suits!

....never mind all that handwork! wink.gif
post #575 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

??

JFK is a client and I coined that phrase, I actually don't like to see cloth labels in my suits as a rule.
post #576 of 678

Have you ever thought of doubling up on the Reeves' labels? Left side, right side, that sort of thing. Also, maybe put one under the jacket collar, that way it is visible when your clients (inevitably) pop their collars whilst carousing at a neighborhood hip hop discotheque.

 

(also, why don't you like the fabric labels? I've always liked having the labels of the tailor and the fabric for whatever reason. I guess it makes me feel like the jacket is a part of a longer process)

post #577 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Have you ever thought of doubling up on the Reeves' labels? Left side, right side, that sort of thing. Also, maybe put one under the jacket collar, that way it is visible when your clients (inevitably) pop their collars whilst carousing at a neighborhood hip hop discotheque.

(also, why don't you like the fabric labels? I've always liked having the labels of the tailor and the fabric for whatever reason. I guess it makes me feel like the jacket is a part of a longer process)

I sort of think a high end bespoke suit should just have the maker and client name on the inside breast breast pocket, its an old fashioned idea and something just a bit ingrained in me.

Nah, I think demographic is more electro pop.
post #578 of 678
Why should you advertise for the mill? What's in it for you? Amirtie?
post #579 of 678
David, I finally got a chance to wear your suit. It was a HIT!!

It need some work on the shoulders, something we didn't notice before. When I hit the lottery, I will be back.
post #580 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Why should you advertise for the mill? What's in it for you? Amirtie?

I wouldn't say I feel like that but where do you stop? Why not put an end credits of everyone involved in the suit? Hah now that would be interesting to do!
post #581 of 678
I think it's something RTW implements better as a way of showing the customer why something is a certain price, or for the purposes of educating a customer on the type of cloth they are actually buying. The latter is what I'm interested in knowing about, when buying RTW.

In bespoke, it makes less sense, as the customer should be well aware of what cloth they picked ahead of time...
post #582 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

David, I finally got a chance to wear your suit. It was a HIT!!

It need some work on the shoulders, something we didn't notice before. When I hit the lottery, I will be back.

Wow! Didn't you pick that up in the sample sale last September?!
post #583 of 678
Yes, it took me awhile, to say the least.

It will become my favorite suit.
post #584 of 678
Thread Starter 
Fit pics, first fitting, new client.



post #585 of 678
nice work
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › DAVID REEVES BESPOKE OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD