Originally Posted by Jr Mouse
Also the AirPods look like they use the same general shape of the current Apple headphones. While I find them super comfortable, I am not at all sure I would trust them to stay in my ears during a run or bike ride. With the wired headphones you know it's safe if one falls out. These wireless ones? Not so much. Quick way to be out $159...
AirPods are quite literally the only earbuds I've ever found to be uncomfortable. They also don't stay in my ears at all in contrast to every other one I've tried (including previous Apple earbuds).
Overall I guess the announced products mildly exceeded my expectations only because my expectations were pretty low.
Here's what I was pleased to see:
- A10 fusion - it's a different approach to scaling power usage and I look forward to greatly reduced battery drain when phone isn't in active use
- Cameras - looking forward to OIS on the 7 and the 7plus dual camera setup gives both zoom + depth of field.
- GPS on watch - the number one thing that I want from a smart watch is the ability to have GPS work independently because I run without my phone. I still use an old ipod nano with nike+ to measure my distance because my fitbit isn't that accurate. May just buy the watch for running.
- Jet Black - too soon to tell, but if this finish is actually scratch resistant it might result in a lot more case-less iphones. Interestingly there was no discussion of the front glass which I had assumed would be another one of those "40% more shatter-resistant" etc. slides. [EDIT: *Scratch* this one off the list. If Apple is recommending a case, what is the point of even offering it?]
- Mario - I don't play games on my phone, but maybe Mario will change that.
Not all positives though - still disappointed with the removal of the 3.5mm jack and overall feels like a me too product launch. Other than the low power cores and perhaps the improvement in the 7 plus camera, I don't know if there is any true innovation. This is just a bunch of catch up or incremental improvements.Edited by UnFacconable - 9/7/16 at 1:59pm