or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › The Apple Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Apple Discussion Thread - Page 15

post #211 of 1092
Thinking about jailbreaking my iPhone 5 with iOS 7. Has anyone here done it with evasi0n 7?
post #212 of 1092
Dropped my phone again today, hard. Now the front screen is all spider webby just like the back screen. Think it's now time for a new one.
post #213 of 1092
Sorry to hear brah.

No joke, I literally just bought a gold 5s unlocked for t-mobile. Gonna go pick it up at my local store shortly.

I've decided to switch to t mobile. Their unlimited data plan at 70 bucks is way too compelling, given that I pay 90 bucks with att for just 2 gigs. That also includes my 20% corporate discount.



bigstar[1].gif
Edited by GreenFrog - 1/2/14 at 1:54pm
post #214 of 1092

Noob. I pay $75 with unlimited data with the government employee discount with ATT. I know I will be forced out of this contract soon though.

post #215 of 1092
Your unlimited plan with att is not truly unlimited since they and verizon start throttling after 5 gigs of usage, or some ridiculous number like that. That's why they discontinued it.

T mobile throttles you after you use 20 TB of data a month. Lol.

And to think that att has a 50 gig data plan for 450? sarcasm.gif
post #216 of 1092

I've never used more than 2.4 gb and that was in August when I was streaming a lot of ball games on my phone.

post #217 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

I've never used more than 2.4 gb and that was in August when I was streaming a lot of ball games on my phone.

I was just like you -- barely used data and had very few apps on my iPhone. I definitely underutilized it, but I went on an App Store binge recently and found lots of very useful apps that are media-intensive. Also have a live news streaming app and that shit will eat data like a motherfucker.

Now I won't have to worry about watching my data usage -- liberating!
post #218 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

Dropped my phone again today, hard. Now the front screen is all spider webby just like the back screen. Think it's now time for a new one.

Just came across this, maybe get it for the next one: http://www.businessinsider.com/amzer-shatterproof-video-test-2013-10
post #219 of 1092
Does internet radio on my phone use data or is that different?
post #220 of 1092
Thread Starter 
Yes, it does.
post #221 of 1092
Wow.

After rocking a black iphone since 2008, the gold 5s is pretty sweet, but most of all, different. Wanted to switch things up a bit and the gold is fucking awesome and subtle. Love it.

Now I'm going to jailbreak it, but need to do more research on that.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #222 of 1092
My 5s will be black, and beautiful. Can't wait to part with my crippled 4s tomorrow.
post #223 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

My 5s will be black, and beautiful. Can't wait to part with my crippled 4s tomorrow.

Oh you're coming from a 4s?

You're really going to like the 5s, then, since it'll be a whole new form factor for you and then some.

For me, the only novelty is the fingerprint scanner, but I'm seeing a lot of potential uses for it through apps after jailbreaking. For instance, you can use the fingerprint sensor to go to Home, so you don't have to click the actual home button -- just rest your thumb on it and boom.
post #224 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Noob. I pay $75 with unlimited data with the government employee discount with ATT. I know I will be forced out of this contract soon though.

I've got a family share with my wife and military discount. Two iphones 4gb data and unlimited everything else with AT&T costing us $170 after taxes and stuff. Before taxes like $150. Lame the discount doesn't apply to the whole bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Wow.

After rocking a black iphone since 2008, the gold 5s is pretty sweet, but most of all, different. Wanted to switch things up a bit and the gold is fucking awesome and subtle. Love it.

Now I'm going to jailbreak it, but need to do more research on that.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Don't jailbreak it yet.
post #225 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Oh you're coming from a 4s?

You're really going to like the 5s, then, since it'll be a whole new form factor for you and then some.

For me, the only novelty is the fingerprint scanner, but I'm seeing a lot of potential uses for it through apps after jailbreaking. For instance, you can use the fingerprint sensor to go to Home, so you don't have to click the actual home button -- just rest your thumb on it and boom.
Yes, an ugly white 4s at that. I got it in an emergency situation after its predecessor was dropped in the toilet. White was the only color available at the place I bought it. Good riddens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › The Apple Discussion Thread