Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg Boots Last post on Yesterday at 9:32 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions - Page 7post #91 of 25110/1/13 at 8:47pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 25110/1/13 at 8:49pmThread StarterQuote:
lol. I'm actually sort of of the same mind. I could easily see these on a beige Vibram 2060 sole unit, and the nice, rounded 110 last.post #93 of 25110/1/13 at 8:51pmThread Starterpost #94 of 25110/2/13 at 1:50ampost #95 of 25110/2/13 at 4:12ampost #96 of 25110/2/13 at 6:24ampost #97 of 25110/2/13 at 10:03ampost #98 of 25110/2/13 at 12:00pmThread StarterQuote:
Well, we could vote! If both get enough votes, we could possibly do two different tan bison makeups. Remember, 4 pairs of each, and we are good to go.
The aged bark is really quite nice as well - very supple. I think that we'll stick to the exclusive leather choices we've been given so far. It turns out that while nearly any leather is possible, choosing something out of the air can mean a significant lead time, and I'd like to get stuff out to you guys as soon as possible. However, I will keep all the other leathers proposed in mind, and ask if there is enough of those in-house.
Ryden - you should just get both pairs. You got lucky last round, so you have plenty of money to spend on more Vibergs.
Fok.post #99 of 25110/2/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
Thanks! That is the exact type of thinking that seems to get me in trouble...It is bad enough I was thinking it myself, now it seems like a logical solution to you as wellpost #100 of 25110/2/13 at 12:40pmpost #101 of 25110/2/13 at 12:52pmpost #102 of 25110/2/13 at 2:52pmQuote:
I would probably be interested in the above suggestion (assuming 2030 or 2040 last). I would also be in for the same but with cap toe and/or leather soles instead of Dainite.
Out of curiosity is there a rough-out version of the Tan Bison (it seems that most of the smooth leathers have a rough-out equivalent)? I realize that reduces some of the uniqueness provided by being a grained leather but am curious anyway.post #103 of 25110/2/13 at 4:33pm
A plain toe on the 110 with the vibram 2030 is significantly different than on the 2030 with dainite. Both would look great but would give two very different looks for the boot. With the 110 last switching to the scout (a little change up on the lines) would look incredible. If sticking with the 2030 or 2040, I would say service with dainite.
Mainly What I am saying are these makeups would be sick
Scout boot (scout would look way better in this makeup)
6 Internal Eyelets (no visual metal on the surface, like in the sample pic)
similar in color scheme to this http://www.freemanbrand.com/storage/journal/2013/07/RO%20Chukka.jpg except no roughout and in 5"
Service boot or scout boot (I am open, I like both designs in this model)
2030 or 2040
10 Brass eyelets, no hooks (will they still make 10? I would like imbetween 7-10 but I know it takes a bit to rework their machine to do it and I do not know if that sort of configuration, 8 or 9, is possible. I saw back they had determined the best configs on eyelet numbers which I do not remember so if it is a choice between 7 or 10 I would say 10)
Black chromexcel tongue
Dainite (Black and tan colorway, color me sold)
Black Leather laces or flat black waxed laces, either way I would like 90" laces due to the extra eyelets and I would like to wrap
Something like this
But unstructured toe.
And obviously everything with Tan bisonpost #104 of 25110/2/13 at 4:39pmpost #105 of 25110/2/13 at 4:48pm
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 21 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 27 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 56 seconds ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...