or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions - Page 3

post #31 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


Well, Hermes is not a Tannery, but the same supplier, yes. I like the suppleness of that lighter weight leather, and how it will wear and crease. I do like the red/brown color. You think that that a dainite sole as opposed to a wedge sole (more casual) or a leather sole (go all out fine)? I think that we'd want something with antique brass eyelets for sure.

I say let's go all out fine with leather sole.

But would go with consensus, because the leather is the key.
post #32 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

I say let's go all out fine with leather sole.

But would go with consensus, because the leather is the key.

This, leather or at least Dainite for me. No wedge or christy or anything like that
post #33 of 251
Thread Starter 
I'm thinking that if we do the brown/red french calf (assuming that that leather is actually available), that a double leather sole would be the way to go. I think that the 110 last would be good too. It would look like a really lux version of the boondocker. To me, that is more interesting that just another slightly dressy boot. What say you all?

Cheers.

Fok.
post #34 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I'm thinking that if we do the brown/red french calf (assuming that that leather is actually available), that a double leather sole would be the way to go. I think that the 110 last would be good too. It would look like a really lux version of the boondocker. To me, that is more interesting that just another slightly dressy boot. What say you all?

Cheers.

Fok.

Agreed. The only other thing I would think about is possibly the 2040 last.
post #35 of 251
I want another pair of Vibergs and looking forward to this round makeups.
post #36 of 251
I'm good with 110
post #37 of 251
If you are going all out fine 10 eyelets is classy
post #38 of 251
Thread Starter 
With the excavated boot (and I'd like to emphasize that this is still up in the air), 10 eyelets sounds like a good plan. However, for the red/brown "boondocker", I'm thinking that maybe 8 eyelets might be the way to go, sorta thread the needle between "dressy" and "casual", like a boot that someone in a more formal time would have worn for everyday wear.
post #39 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

With the excavated boot (and I'd like to emphasize that this is still up in the air), 10 eyelets sounds like a good plan. However, for the red/brown "boondocker", I'm thinking that maybe 8 eyelets might be the way to go, sorta thread the needle between "dressy" and "casual", like a boot that someone in a more formal time would have worn for everyday wear.


Hey Fok,

Any sample picture of excavated boots in the wild?

thanks
post #40 of 251
I think they've only done one (on blog), so I doubt there are any around. I might also be interested in a deeper brown service boot, something darker than the icy mocha. My workwear past is calling, but I want something a little less red wing. 2030 last, deep brown leather, leather sole, copper 6-8 eyelets...
post #41 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by reezy View Post

The colour on that boot is beautiful. Would love something like that icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

These look like the Freeman Sporting Club boots that are supposed to go on sale at the end of the month.

post #42 of 251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Hey Fok,

Any sample picture of excavated boots in the wild?

thanks

No, there is actually just... one boot. There are not even a pair. They have only ever done that one single boot. If we get to do it here, we'll be super lucky. Everyone, can I get an amen?
post #43 of 251
I would 100% throw down for the excavated boots.
post #44 of 251
Oh, too high credit card limits how you tempt me

decisions.gif
post #45 of 251
Only thing that would prevent me from throwing down would be a non plain toe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions