That's not unfortunate. That's fortuitous. It means that you have the wardrobe to wear them, and they will become something you reach for. A lot of us tend towards a certain style, and purchases are evolutionary.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg Boots Last post on Today at 9:33 am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions - Page 15post #211 of 25111/7/13 at 2:24pmThread Starterpost #212 of 25111/7/13 at 2:31pmpost #213 of 25111/7/13 at 2:43pmQuote:
I'd love this, or at least one experienced person's culling of some internet pics of them that are representative (I know the details like toe cap, sole etc can affect the look a little)post #214 of 25111/7/13 at 3:02pmThread StarterQuote:
Guy was supposed to do this, but the man is busy. I posted a description of the differences between the most popular lasts (110, 2030, 2040) in a post in the Viberg thread, though, that was taken from the Viberg blog).
Fok.post #215 of 25111/7/13 at 3:34pmpost #216 of 25111/7/13 at 3:41pmpost #217 of 25111/7/13 at 4:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
I like the 2030 last - and really liked the boots that we had made for the first go around. Ultimately, however, there are a lot of different ideas going around, even for any single makeup, and I need to make a decision based both on members' preferences, and my own design editing abilities, to produce a few fits for the community to vote on and choose from. I've been hearing a lot of calls for lasts other than the 2030 last.
In this go around, I'll probably put 4 boots up for consideration, and will probably whittle that down to 2, or maybe 3 if I get enough hard commitments. Of the 4 boots, probably there will be one on the 2030 last, while the others will reflect the diversity of opinions that I've been hearing from the community, and the diversity of Viberg's lineups.
I think the thing to keep in mind is - if you see a makeup that you like, you should jump on it, because the likelihood of seeing it again, or honestly, something very close to it, is low to nil. (that said, we do have a pair of cinnamon roughouts in 10, and a pair of the black standard boots, in 9.5. If anyone is interested, the cinnamon boots are in the store: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg-cinnamon-roughout-service-boots-exclusively-for-styleforum/ and I can get them out tomorrow. If you want the black boots, email me at email@example.com.
If one is going to be on 2030 last, I'd push for the loden. I will be open to the 2040, though. I fully understand where you are coming from, Fok. At the same time, for those of us non-Viberg owners/experts, the 2030 last is very attractive and -- speaking now just from my point of view -- what initially caught my eye about Viberg. Again, not opposed to other possibilities, but I see what iotan is saying. Anyway, thanks very much for doing all this.post #218 of 25111/7/13 at 5:25pmpost #219 of 25111/7/13 at 5:37pmSpeaking of the choice of the last, I think if you are looking at non-2030 options, 2040 is probably the one that looks most similar to 2030 but wider in the toe. If thats what you want, why not just choose the 2030 last then? There are many other last options (2045, 310, 110, 160, etc) that look more casual and sporty, and in my opinion match better with the gray roughout leather. I might be interested in the gray roughout chukka depending on the specs.post #220 of 25111/7/13 at 5:52pmThread StarterQuote:
Hmmm... I would say, off the top of my head, that probably the antique brass will offset the ebony essex roughout nicely, especially if we go with the beige 2060 sole.
Fok.post #221 of 25111/7/13 at 8:18pmFor what it's worth, I'm only interested in make ups in the 110 last. I have e-mailed back and forth about lasts with two folks at Viberg, and they believe the 110 is the best fit for me as I have both a very wide and high volume foot.
Not much to go on, but they also told me the 2040 and 2045 are loosely based on a Munson last design, with the 2045 having the more upturned toe.post #222 of 25111/7/13 at 9:01pmpost #223 of 25111/7/13 at 9:22pmThat was my thought, I thought it might provide a bit more contrast but still compliment the color without standing out to much, but wanted to hear Fok's views since he's actually seen it in person. Hoping it's available for a custom MTO (scout boot on cristy 4014 on 2030 last unstructured toe)post #224 of 25111/7/13 at 9:48pmThread StarterQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by VLSI
That was my thought, I thought it might provide a bit more contrast but still compliment the color without standing out to much, but wanted to hear Fok's views since he's actually seen it in person. Hoping it's available for a custom MTO (scout boot on cristy 4014 on 2030 last unstructured toe)
I have the gunmetal eyelets on my heather grey roughout boots, but I think that they look best on a more washed out leather. The ebony essex is a really rich color, and I personally feel the that warm but subdued antique brass would bring out the richness of the leather. I'm looking at the roughout side of the two swatches side by side right now, and I would definitely advocate the antique brass for the ebony essex roughout.
Actually, I really like the makeups that have been suggested this round so far. The loden green service boot with a brogued toecap, the tan bison scout boot on a double waterloc sole (I need to make sure that this sole is available), and the ebony essex roughout chukka on a beige wedge sole. All these sound fantastic.post #225 of 25111/7/13 at 10:15pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Sartoria Formosa Grey Herringbone Wool Flannel Suits 48R 2 minutes ago
- › Pisgah Range Ltd. Laces (Made in USA) 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 9 minutes ago
- › Best Dressed Men 10 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding