That's not unfortunate. That's fortuitous. It means that you have the wardrobe to wear them, and they will become something you reach for. A lot of us tend towards a certain style, and purchases are evolutionary.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg Boots Last post on Today at 12:16 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions - Page 15
Styleforum Top Picks
I'd love this, or at least one experienced person's culling of some internet pics of them that are representative (I know the details like toe cap, sole etc can affect the look a little)
Guy was supposed to do this, but the man is busy. I posted a description of the differences between the most popular lasts (110, 2030, 2040) in a post in the Viberg thread, though, that was taken from the Viberg blog).
I like the 2030 last - and really liked the boots that we had made for the first go around. Ultimately, however, there are a lot of different ideas going around, even for any single makeup, and I need to make a decision based both on members' preferences, and my own design editing abilities, to produce a few fits for the community to vote on and choose from. I've been hearing a lot of calls for lasts other than the 2030 last.
In this go around, I'll probably put 4 boots up for consideration, and will probably whittle that down to 2, or maybe 3 if I get enough hard commitments. Of the 4 boots, probably there will be one on the 2030 last, while the others will reflect the diversity of opinions that I've been hearing from the community, and the diversity of Viberg's lineups.
I think the thing to keep in mind is - if you see a makeup that you like, you should jump on it, because the likelihood of seeing it again, or honestly, something very close to it, is low to nil. (that said, we do have a pair of cinnamon roughouts in 10, and a pair of the black standard boots, in 9.5. If anyone is interested, the cinnamon boots are in the store: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg-cinnamon-roughout-service-boots-exclusively-for-styleforum/ and I can get them out tomorrow. If you want the black boots, email me at email@example.com.
If one is going to be on 2030 last, I'd push for the loden. I will be open to the 2040, though. I fully understand where you are coming from, Fok. At the same time, for those of us non-Viberg owners/experts, the 2030 last is very attractive and -- speaking now just from my point of view -- what initially caught my eye about Viberg. Again, not opposed to other possibilities, but I see what iotan is saying. Anyway, thanks very much for doing all this.
Hmmm... I would say, off the top of my head, that probably the antique brass will offset the ebony essex roughout nicely, especially if we go with the beige 2060 sole.
Not much to go on, but they also told me the 2040 and 2045 are loosely based on a Munson last design, with the 2045 having the more upturned toe.
That was my thought, I thought it might provide a bit more contrast but still compliment the color without standing out to much, but wanted to hear Fok's views since he's actually seen it in person. Hoping it's available for a custom MTO (scout boot on cristy 4014 on 2030 last unstructured toe)
I have the gunmetal eyelets on my heather grey roughout boots, but I think that they look best on a more washed out leather. The ebony essex is a really rich color, and I personally feel the that warm but subdued antique brass would bring out the richness of the leather. I'm looking at the roughout side of the two swatches side by side right now, and I would definitely advocate the antique brass for the ebony essex roughout.
Actually, I really like the makeups that have been suggested this round so far. The loden green service boot with a brogued toecap, the tan bison scout boot on a double waterloc sole (I need to make sure that this sole is available), and the ebony essex roughout chukka on a beige wedge sole. All these sound fantastic.
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 27 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 43 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 46 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › If you wear TASSEL loafers, what is your age?? 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories