or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions - Page 14

post #196 of 251
So psyched that a grey suede chukka is gaining some traction!! But that bison plain toe sounds awesome as well. Going to be a really difficult decision for me.
post #197 of 251
Forgive any ignorance here but the nicest loden/dark green leathers I've seen have been burnished to achieve a green-black look. I'm probably thinking of what Gaziano & Girling does on some of its models and i realize the leather is likely very different. Still, is this something Viberg can/would do and would that be something that would generate any interest?
post #198 of 251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Forgive any ignorance here but the nicest loden/dark green leathers I've seen have been burnished to achieve a green-black look. I'm probably thinking of what Gaziano & Girling does on some of its models and i realize the leather is likely very different. Still, is this something Viberg can/would do and would that be something that would generate any interest?

Unfortunately, that type of treatment requires craftsmen, and is not something that Viberg has done before, so it's not really an option.

 

Cheers,


Fok.

post #199 of 251
- Tan bison
- Service boot design (scout boot is okay, too)
- 2030 or 2040 last
- dainite or double leather soul
post #200 of 251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iotan View Post

- Tan bison
- Service boot design (scout boot is okay, too)
- 2030 or 2040 last
- dainite or double leather soul

I'd be okay with the 2040 last.  We've just done 3 boots on the 2030 last.  Aren't you guys wanting to try something slightly different?  I think that the more full 110 last would have a more casual effect.  I'm also thinking the scout boot, if we are going to go with the plain toe.  imo, the double leather sole would be cool.  The dainite sole is nice, but dainite only comes in black, and it just seems to me that the contrast would be so... jarring.  Opinions?

post #201 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

I'd be okay with the 2040 last.  We've just done 3 boots on the 2030 last.  Aren't you guys wanting to try something slightly different?  I think that the more full 110 last would have a more casual effect.  I'm also thinking the scout boot, if we are going to go with the plain toe.  imo, the double leather sole would be cool.  The dainite sole is nice, but dainite only comes in black, and it just seems to me that the contrast would be so... jarring.  Opinions?

Dainite can come in other colors, it just depends what Viberg stocks. I agree it would be jarring though. It would be cool if they offered a low profile commando style sole like Alden. That would fit the boot quite nicely.

 

I would vote for 2040 plain toe on either a waterloc or double leather

post #202 of 251
How about something like a bobcat (proper winter boot).
post #203 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


See, that's what I'm talking about.  That's four already.  What last, do you guys think?  2040?  Dainite sole?  How about Loden, natural welt, black dainite sole.  Antique brass eyelets.  Brogued cap toe.  That could look phenomenal.

FWIW I'd be in for this.
post #204 of 251

Let's get some traction on a ebony essex roughout chukka duuuuuuudes.  Was quoted almost 8 bill shipped if I were to go the MTO route on those bad boys....way too much.  

post #205 of 251
I already emailed Morgan hoping to work out something with that ebony essex... damn I hope it doesnt come out to 800 frown.gif
post #206 of 251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
 

Let's get some traction on a ebony essex roughout chukka duuuuuuudes.  Was quoted almost 8 bill shipped if I were to go the MTO route on those bad boys....way too much.  

I think that this would be cool - I've just asked Guy to price this out for us, so... definitely in the running.  Right now. some viables are a Loden Green service boot on a dainite sole, antique brass eyelets, a tan bison scout boot, on a waterloc sole (I think a single sole, not unlike the Boonbocker.  That is already pretty tough and heavy), and... @Dbear's eboxy essex roughout chukkas.  Lot of support for the Loden green service boot.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #207 of 251
I have been lobbying for a grey rough out chukka, it was even my winning submission for the Rd.1 contest. But damn, that Bison boot it starting to sound damn near perfect now that it is waterloc as opposed to double leather
post #208 of 251
Would be in on bison but it's unfortunately very similar in color to my one pair of boots.
post #209 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I'd be okay with the 2040 last.  We've just done 3 boots on the 2030 last.  Aren't you guys wanting to try something slightly different?  I think that the more full 110 last would have a more casual effect.  I'm also thinking the scout boot, if we are going to go with the plain toe.  imo, the double leather sole would be cool.  The dainite sole is nice, but dainite only comes in black, and it just seems to me that the contrast would be so... jarring.  Opinions?

I hear you LA Guy and definitely appreciate all you are doing here. However, since I did not purchase from the previous round, the fact that those ones were all on the 2030 last has no real bearing on me. Furthermore, I would assume that besides a few big ballers most of the people who buy this round will also not be repeat purchasers from the last round. (Of course, to be fair, some of the people may not have purchased last time because they do not like the 2030 last). Personally, I have a strong preference for the 2030 last but would also probably get something on the 2040. I doubt I would be interested in something on the other lasts. Nonetheless, the design should be determined based on what the most serious buyers are interested in, not anyone person's preference.

I do agree with your point about the dainite sole. I think double leather is the way to go with bison.

Thanks again!
post #210 of 251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iotan View Post


I hear you LA Guy and definitely appreciate all you are doing here. However, since I did not purchase from the previous round, the fact that those ones were all on the 2030 last has no real bearing on me. Furthermore, I would assume that besides a few big ballers most of the people who buy this round will also not be repeat purchasers from the last round. (Of course, to be fair, some of the people may not have purchased last time because they do not like the 2030 last). Personally, I have a strong preference for the 2030 last but would also probably get something on the 2040. I doubt I would be interested in something on the other lasts. Nonetheless, the design should be determined based on what the most serious buyers are interested in, not anyone person's preference.

I do agree with your point about the dainite sole. I think double leather is the way to go with bison.

Thanks again!

Thanks Iotan.

 

I like the 2030 last - and really liked the boots that we had made for the first go around.  Ultimately, however, there are a lot of different ideas going around, even for any single makeup, and I need to make a decision based both on members' preferences, and my own design editing abilities, to produce a few fits for the community to vote on and choose from.  I've been hearing a lot of calls for lasts other than the 2030 last.  

 

In this go around, I'll probably put 4 boots up for consideration, and will probably whittle that down to 2, or maybe 3 if I get enough hard commitments.  Of the 4 boots, probably there will be one on the 2030 last, while the others will reflect the diversity of opinions that I've been hearing from the community, and the diversity of Viberg's lineups.

 

I think the thing to keep in mind is - if you see a makeup that you like, you should jump on it, because the likelihood of seeing it again, or honestly, something very close to it, is low to nil.  (that said, we do have a pair of cinnamon roughouts in 10, and a pair of the black standard boots, in 9.5.  If anyone is interested, the cinnamon boots are in the store: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg-cinnamon-roughout-service-boots-exclusively-for-styleforum/ and I can get them out tomorrow.  If you want the black boots, email me at styleforummarket@gmail.com.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions