Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 7:39 am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg Boots Last post on Today at 9:16 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions - Page 13
Styleforum Top Picks
As somebody just catching up/educating myself on Viberg, I need to find myself some examples of the 2040 last, knowing only the 2030. Also will need to figure out sizing, but that's not such a concern. Is the brogued cap toe similar to that on the nattys that Rydenfan just posted? (Btw, those look tremendous.) I can go either way on that --- brogue on just a normal captoe. The dainite sounds good.
EDIT: 2040 looks great to me. Sizing figured out. Can't wait to do this - been looking for a loden boot for a while but color has never been dark enough for my liking. This is perfect.
Edited by budapest12 - 11/4/13 at 7:16pm
Thanks Fok for the swatches.
I think going for a chukka would be a good alternative to all the service boots.
How about the Ebony Essex Roughout chukka on a 2030 last with a 2060 beige vibram sole? Would def be 100% in for that one. I think it would look like this with the above leather...would slay...
But there is a pair on ebay of the exact boots I have -in the loden green--that looks ok on my monitor in terms of the color, so worth checking out:
It's a super dark color. Under some lighting conditions, it looks nearly black. I like those pictures from Ebay, which show the deep, mossy, character of the color. I can't for the life of me get the color on camera, but those Ebay pictures are pretty close.
Okay, so, tan bison boot (scout or service? I sorta like the Scout for a plain toe - it's a little more special) on the 110 last, loden green service boot, maybe a brogued captoe, on the 2040 last, and an ebony essex roughout chukka, maybe on the 2030 last, maybe on a wedge sole? Oh man, all those sound really good. I want a pair too, but it's hard to choose. Probably tan bison, but the other choices are enticing...
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 13 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 40 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 1 minute ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 1 minute ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015