or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions - Page 12

post #166 of 251
Thread Starter 

We are going to limit leather choices to the ones we have posted here, and some grey ones, for this round - otherwise things get a little chaotic, and we end up proposing a bunch of stuff that Viberg doesn't have enough leather to do decent runs in, in a reasonably amount of time.  We already have some pretty unique leathers, including a brown that looks a lot like that kangaroo boot.  

 

Of course, everything else is up for grabs

post #167 of 251
No love for loden green srrvice boot? I think it looks great
post #168 of 251
If
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAB View Post

No love for loden green srrvice boot? I think it looks great
I'd be interested in a green boot
post #169 of 251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAB View Post

No love for loden green srrvice boot? I think it looks great

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

If
I'd be interested in a green boot

 

Agreed - my last shots of the loden really failed.  It's a super dark moss green - nearly black under some lights.  I really like it, but it's also really hard to photograph.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #170 of 251
Outside of the sample sale photos found this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/herder-de-escargots/6722580773/in/photostream/
post #171 of 251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Outside of the sample sale photos found this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/herder-de-escargots/6722580773/in/photostream/

I'd say even darker than that, in lost light - like the darkest part of that picture.

post #172 of 251
^ I would definitely be in for those.
post #173 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

With the first round pretty much wrapped up, I will open this up again.  I am going to post the grey swatches once I get the greenlight from Guy.  How about we try for 3 styles this time around?  I'll send at least the favorite two to the store.

 
Take a look at the main Viberg thread for inspiration: http://www.styleforum.net/t/224463/viberg-boots/  Think about how awesome a boondocker like boot would look like in Tan Bison.
 
Cheers,
 
Fok.

YES FOK . YES.

 

This is the boot I want to get weird with. Let this happen

post #174 of 251
i would be so in for loden
post #175 of 251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAB View Post

No love for loden green srrvice boot? I think it looks great

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

If
I'd be interested in a green boot

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

^ I would definitely be in for those.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

i would be so in for loden

 

See, that's what I'm talking about.  That's four already.  What last, do you guys think?  2040?  Dainite sole?  How about Loden, natural welt, black dainite sole.  Antique brass eyelets.  Brogued cap toe.  That could look phenomenal.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklark23 View Post
 

YES FOK . YES.

 

This is the boot I want to get weird with. Let this happen

Okay, so I really like the Bison too, but I really don't want to see whatever you are thinking of doing.  Hmmm.... You think like, a double leather sole, and the 110 last, which are both like the bookdocker, but would you guys like to see a plain toe, or a brogued cap toe.  I think that either could look really good.  Personally, I think that the brogued toe would look extra special, but I like both.

post #176 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post




See, that's what I'm talking about.  That's four already.  What last, do you guys think?  2040?  Dainite sole?  How about Loden, natural welt, black dainite sole.  Antique brass eyelets.  Brogued cap toe.  That could look phenomenal.

Not sure last wise but the natural welt / double black dainite / brass eyelets is good. Captoe I'm open. Toe is structured correct?
post #177 of 251

Man, I'm just waiting for those grey swatches =/

post #178 of 251
Quote:
 Okay, so I really like the Bison too, but I really don't want to see whatever you are thinking of doing.  Hmmm.... You think like, a double leather sole, and the 110 last, which are both like the bookdocker, but would you guys like to see a plain toe, or a brogued cap toe.  I think that either could look really good.  Personally, I think that the brogued toe would look extra special, but I like both.

 

I do like the 110 for them, double leather or dainite either works for me. I really prefer the plain toe on it though. I want the bison leather to dominate the boot more than anything similar to how the boondocker has the roughout become the focus of attention on it. 

 

What were you thinking on eyelet/hooks and their color? 10 eyelets in black would look amazing against the textured tan bison

 

Tongue I think black chromexcel would look really nice.

 

The black and tan colorway consistent throughout would be cool

post #179 of 251
Any interest in a bison chukka?
post #180 of 251
Fok: Your suggestion of " How about Loden, natural welt, black dainite sole. Antique brass eyelets. Brogued cap toe." sounds so great that I may even buy in even though I was thinking I couldn't afford to!! I have the Viberg loden green 110 last chukkas--the leather is so great. You're right about taking pictures--it does almost look black until you wear something like black pants with them and you see the green. I didn't think I'd want another pair of loden green boots, but with your suggestion, who knows?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions