or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NFL 2016-17 Thread - Page 321

post #4801 of 4994
Damn JJ. Why'd you rush your rehab?
post #4802 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

That link is staying unclicked.

Why--afraid you might like it?
post #4803 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Greg Hardy arrested for possession of cocaine and marijuana 

I wonder when adam schefter will do the redemption interview

Sounds like he has some pretty solid defenses, though.
post #4804 of 4994
Every time I see Belichick talking to the press I think he's about to stroke out in front of my eyes. Same thing with Popovich. I really don't understand what that whole deal is about. Maybe it is just an act, but seething with rage at having to answer media questions seems like a rough way to go about your job. Clearly it doesn't affect the media's obligation to ask what they consider to be stupid or annoying questions. Just seems like there is no point in being a dick about it. I understand that they don't want to say anything meaningful to the media, but there are less miserable ways to do that.
post #4805 of 4994
I always took it to mean that dealing with sports media is the worst thing to be subjected to, and only Belichick and Pop are supremely secure enough in their jobs that they don't have to pretend that they like it
post #4806 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Bradford is a much better QB than his statistics indicate. Give him a decent offensive line and good receiving corps and let's see what he can do.

Any doubters still out there?
post #4807 of 4994
I don't know if anyone said he was BAD per se, just that his injury history is terrible, and it was a very steep price to pay.
post #4808 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

Every time I see Belichick talking to the press I think he's about to stroke out in front of my eyes. Same thing with Popovich. I really don't understand what that whole deal is about. Maybe it is just an act, but seething with rage at having to answer media questions seems like a rough way to go about your job. Clearly it doesn't affect the media's obligation to ask what they consider to be stupid or annoying questions. Just seems like there is no point in being a dick about it. I understand that they don't want to say anything meaningful to the media, but there are less miserable ways to do that.

I've seen Pop give some good interviews/answers when the questions interest or engage him, as opposed to when they're stupid and formulaic or when the league is forcing him to talk to a reporter during a game when he'd rather be focusing on his team.

I can't recall a Belichick interview where we he didn't seem to be affirmatively trying to be a dick.
post #4809 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Any doubters still out there?

I'm still a doubter. Long season and he still has plenty of games left to stink up the joint. He had a few decent games like Kirk Cousins or Ryan Fitzpatrick did last year. Fitzpatrick is reverting back to his normal self. Cousins is reverting back to average (he was admittedly pretty good last year much to my surprise compared to what he normally was prior to that). Let me know when he strings together a few good years.
post #4810 of 4994
This is, so far, one of those rare trades that worked out for both teams. Although I'd rather the Vikes start losing games so the Eagles get a better 1st.
post #4811 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I can't recall a Belichick interview where we he didn't seem to be affirmatively trying to be a dick.

See, I enjoy that. Maybe it's because I'm a Patriots fan, or maybe it's because I have a low regard for sports journalism and I enjoy seeing someone not suffer fools gladly.
post #4812 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

See, I enjoy that. Maybe it's because I'm a Patriots fan, or maybe it's because I have a low regard for sports journalism and I enjoy seeing someone not suffer fools gladly.

As a non-Pats fan I enjoy it somewhat less but I totally get where you're coming from.
post #4813 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

Every time I see Belichick talking to the press I think he's about to stroke out in front of my eyes. Same thing with Popovich. I really don't understand what that whole deal is about. Maybe it is just an act, but seething with rage at having to answer media questions seems like a rough way to go about your job. Clearly it doesn't affect the media's obligation to ask what they consider to be stupid or annoying questions. Just seems like there is no point in being a dick about it. I understand that they don't want to say anything meaningful to the media, but there are less miserable ways to do that.

I've been in one of those pressers and outside the locker room after a game. No doubt he is cold in front of the group, but he seems to like and talks to many of them individually after. Especially the older writers he seems to have known a long time
post #4814 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

See, I enjoy that. Maybe it's because I'm a Patriots fan, or maybe it's because I have a low regard for sports journalism and I enjoy seeing someone not suffer fools gladly.
I agree - interview questions are 95% idiotic, inane, downright insulting, or all three. It's not that the journalists are all stupid (although some really, really are) - but sports media now is all about the sound bite or the (I hate this term) the hot take. So the media asks a question to get a rise, 95% of the athletes are smart enough to reveal nothing and give an inane answer......and somehow, that's ok!!! ESPN gets its ratings and somehow sports fans are content with the same regurgitated bullshit word salad

So when someone sits there and treats this process like the bullshit that it is, I enjoy it
post #4815 of 4994
Lololol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread