or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NFL 2016-17 Thread - Page 288

post #4306 of 4978
So the last AFC champ faced allegations of flatness going into the game. This one now has the problem of being...too pumped up?
post #4307 of 4978

Interesting, because this took place during the lockout (meaning no CBA, and therefore the NFL cannot enforce any anti-drug rules, not to mention Peyton wasn't even signed to a team during the alleged usage). Not sure what the NFL would be able to do

post #4308 of 4978
Washington and Dallas were penalized for overspending on salaries in that uncapped year so NFL probably doesn't care if CBA was in place or not.
post #4309 of 4978
Team =\ individual players

I'm assuming teams are always part of the league, and have different standing than individual players
post #4310 of 4978
Not being under contract doesn't mean you don't have to follow the CBA. There was a Seahawks DB several years ago that didn't report to a drug test because he was playing in the CFL while not under any contract with an NFL team. This no show was considered a failed test since he was still an active player as part of the players union. I don't remember how the appeal went without researching it but I think he was turned down.

Peyton's best hope if he did do it is no CBA was there to govern the players union.
post #4311 of 4978
If Peyton retires after the Superbowl, it's all a moot point.
post #4312 of 4978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Not being under contract doesn't mean you don't have to follow the CBA. There was a Seahawks DB several years ago that didn't report to a drug test because he was playing in the CFL while not under any contract with an NFL team. This no show was considered a failed test since he was still an active player as part of the players union. I don't remember how the appeal went without researching it but I think he was turned down.

Peyton's best hope if he did do it is no CBA was there to govern the players union.

There was no CBA in place when he allegedly took the HGH--hence why there was a lockout.
post #4313 of 4978
I think Texas is saying the NFL doesn't care about rules, if they want to punish someone, they're gonna just YOLO and make up some shit. Especially when Goodell does the decision and appeal.
post #4314 of 4978
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

I think Texas is saying the NFL doesn't care about rules, if they want to punish someone, they're gonna just YOLO and make up some shit. Especially when Goodell does the decision and appeal.

He's already shown with the Ray Rice case that he'll take extrajudicial procedures to get what he wants.

TL;DR--Manning is fucked.
post #4315 of 4978
Business as usual for Roger. Management by newspaper headline.

Unless you're talking about concussions. You can make a whole movie about that shit and it's not getting acknowledged
post #4316 of 4978
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Team =\ individual players

I'm assuming teams are always part of the league, and have different standing than individual players

Yes.
The CBA has nothing to do with the relations among the teams as members of the league. It governs relationship between the league/teams on one hand and the players on the other.
post #4317 of 4978
Any predictions on the big game this weekend? I think we will know pretty soon into the game (like at the end of Carolina's first possession) how it is going to unfold. Carolina has jumped out to a big lead in several recent victories. Denver needs to keep the game a low-scoring one; the lead or within one score at halftime will be huge. My guess is that the Carolina offensive line keeps Cam Newton's jersey clean, and Denver's stout defense cannot stop Carolina's explosive offense often enough. Denver scores a late TD to keep the score respectable, but Carolina wins comfortably, 35-24.
post #4318 of 4978
I think Carolina wins pretty easily, too. I'm rubbish at predicting scores and spreads, so lemme stop there
post #4319 of 4978
Panthers win by 2 possessions and Cam does his dab dance at least 2 times after scoring.
post #4320 of 4978
I want to see peyton retire with a ring but I don't see it happening.

Don't mind a carolina win though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread