or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NFL 2016-17 Thread - Page 244

post #3646 of 4994
Bills players whose names nobody knows.
post #3647 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Anywhere else on the field, a ball fumbled out of bounds just goes back to the offensive. The touchback in the end zone creates a big incentive for the defense to just let the ball go out of bounds, or encourage it to do so. Makes it way easier for the D to recover fumbles in the end zone, which is probably not intended by touchbacks rules.

I've thought about this, and I don't understand why there is an exception to the general rule that a ball out of bounds reverts to the last team to possess it. Why not give the ball back to the offense on the 20-yard line with a loss of down? That seems to be a significant penalty, though not a draconian one.
post #3648 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Bills players whose names nobody knows.

Does their name really matter if it's true?
post #3649 of 4994
That's bad if it's true, but I still think the Bills (and their loud foot in mouth coach) need to learn to talk a little less and try to actually do something productive like win football games (and maybe get to the playoffs for the first time since Y2K.
post #3650 of 4994
post #3651 of 4994
tumblr_nvsk3aGWqQ1rakka3o1_1280.jpg

Solid shirt.
post #3652 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

That's bad if it's true, but I still think the Bills (and their loud foot in mouth coach) need to learn to talk a little less and try to actually do something productive like win football games (and maybe get to the playoffs for the first time since Y2K.


I'll take false dichotomies for $500, Alex.
post #3653 of 4994
^ Rex Ryan teams talk shit and don't back it up on the field. Just pointing it out.
post #3654 of 4994
Talking shit = saying the truth about what happened?
post #3655 of 4994
^ No. It just colors my perception of what they say.
post #3656 of 4994
Houston is such a terrible team.
post #3657 of 4994
Wtf was Hoyer doing on that int? He threw the ball away by throwing it down the fucking middle of the field.

Mallet's face after the Texans scored was hilarious. He couldn't stop pouting.
post #3658 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Wtf was Hoyer doing on that int? He threw the ball away by throwing it down the fucking middle of the field.

Well considering it was something idiotic… I mean he used play for the Browns… doesn't that explain everything?
post #3659 of 4994
This is why the Pats often carry only 2 QBs on the roster. We know we're screwed if Brady gets hurt and we can always dig up someone who is equally as incompetent as our backups. The new guy in NE might be a bit better than Hoyer / Mallet, though.
post #3660 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

This is why the Pats often carry only 2 QBs on the roster. We know we're screwed if Brady gets hurt and we can always dig up someone who is equally as incompetent as our backups. The new guy in NE might be a bit better than Hoyer / Mallet, though.

good thing about the pats is that they can magically sell off their backup qb's because.. well im not sure. their backups are always terrible.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread