or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NFL 2016-17 Thread - Page 221

post #3301 of 5165

Can't wait for Oct 18  vs. Indy.

post #3302 of 5165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Can't wait for Oct 18  vs. Indy.

Neither can I. My friend's that's a huge Tom Brady Patriots fan is going to a wedding instead of watching this game because his wife is a bride's maid. Makes my trolling of him even better.
post #3303 of 5165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Here's a list of key players (read: starters) that were plagued with injuries the season the Pats made the AFC Championship game last year:

- Steven Ridley
- Tommy Kelly
- Jerod Mayo
- Danny Amendola
- Vince Wilfork
- Aaron Dobson
- Aqib Talib
- Rob Gronkowski




On the other hand, Eli "The Clutch" Manning has "ESPY-winner-Greatest-Catch-of-All-Time-Except-It-Really-Wasn't" Odell Beckham and led his team to another consecutive losing season.

You had one of the healthiest teams in the league last year by year end. That plays a large part in a team's ability to win a Super Bowl. Pats are always good enough to contend, but heath is a large part of winning the big one.
post #3304 of 5165
Russel Wilson extension: 4 yrs $87.6 million
Some $60+ million guaranteed.
post #3305 of 5165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

Russel Wilson extension: 4 yrs $87.6 million
Some $60+ million guaranteed.


ouch. part of his usefulness was because of the fact that he didn't make a lot of money. wonder if this (along with the other contracts they've had to do) will cripple to seahawks.

post #3306 of 5165
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


ouch. part of his usefulness was because of the fact that he didn't make a lot of money. wonder if this (along with the other contracts they've had to do) will cripple to seahawks.

It's definitely going to take away the depth of the roster they had the past 3 years. Combined, the LoB and RW probably accounted for less than $20M against the cap. Now that figure is going to jump to like $45-50M depending on how RW contract is structured. The Seahawks better hope none of those players get injured.
post #3307 of 5165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

It's definitely going to take away the depth of the roster they had the past 3 years. Combined, the LoB and RW probably accounted for less than $20M against the cap. Now that figure is going to jump to like $45-50M depending on how RW contract is structured. The Seahawks better hope none of those players get injured.

The thing is, the Seahawks have built depth (with the exception of the DL) through the draft, and so should be able to continue to do so at a low cost.
post #3308 of 5165

Hopefully, its a really fun team to watch. Also, would want them to at least make it back to the SB

post #3309 of 5165
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

The thing is, the Seahawks have built depth (with the exception of the DL) through the draft, and so should be able to continue to do so at a low cost.

You say that but eventually their going to miss on a draft. Take the 2013 and 2014 draft class. I can't name a single impact player (admittedly I don't watch them or follow the team every week so YMMV) compared to the 2010-2012 draft which spit out the LoB, RW, Bobby Wagner, and some of the lesser members of the LoB that had large contributions the past 2-3 years.
post #3310 of 5165
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


ouch. part of his usefulness was because of the fact that he didn't make a lot of money. wonder if this (along with the other contracts they've had to do) will cripple to seahawks.

Cripple, probably not. Could it potentially mean the difference between say the #1 and #3 seed in the playoffs depending on the health of their team, definitely. Having Wilson on a rookie contract was definitely a big competitive advantage for them.
post #3311 of 5165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

You say that but eventually their going to miss on a draft. Take the 2013 and 2014 draft class. I can't name a single impact player (admittedly I don't watch them or follow the team every week so YMMV) compared to the 2010-2012 draft which spit out the LoB, RW, Bobby Wagner, and some of the lesser members of the LoB that had large contributions the past 2-3 years.

True, not every draft will be great, but the perceived lack of success in recent drafts could be due to the Seahawks previous success. It's hard for the new players to see the field when the roster is so good already. So I might argue that we don't really know what we have yet from those classes.
post #3312 of 5165
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

You had one of the healthiest teams in the league last year by year end. That plays a large part in a team's ability to win a Super Bowl. Pats are always good enough to contend, but heath is a large part of winning the big one.

That's why I said last year's AFC Championship game (which they lost to Denver) not this year's.


The reason I brought up that list is despite the injuries, not only did they make the playoffs, they were also one game away from the SB. Eli and co. on the other hand, are given pardons by the NY yahoos on this board because....reasons.
post #3313 of 5165
Gotcha. Missed that
post #3314 of 5165

So many people so jealous that Eli isn't their quarterback. 

post #3315 of 5165
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread