or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NFL 2016-17 Thread - Page 219

post #3271 of 4979
So much trolling in this thread. Edina's head will explode.
post #3272 of 4979
Lol at Eli being clutch.
post #3273 of 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

Lol at Eli being clutch.


He is clutch.....at missing the playoffs every year
post #3274 of 4979
Sam Bradford is clutch*

*-ing his ACL
post #3275 of 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

He is clutch.....at missing the playoffs every year

Tom would disagree with you. He believes in Eli's Super Bowl clutchness.
post #3276 of 4979
Lucky catches ≠ clutch


But hey, props to him for making 2 whole SB appearances fing02[1].gif
post #3277 of 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Lucky catches ≠ clutch


But hey, props to him for making 2 whole SB appearances fing02[1].gif

The most clutch part of those Giants' teams was their defensive lines. They just flat out dominated the Pats' offensive line.

And let's not forget that time Eli thought Asante Samuel was on his team the down before the Tyree catch. Asshole plays defense for a reason.

So yeah, all the respect in the world to the Giants, but you've got to be crazy to credit too much to Eli.
post #3278 of 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

Lol at Eli being clutch.


He is clutch.....at missing the playoffs every year

well when the team leads the league in injuries for consecutive years, that happens

post #3279 of 4979
If you can't give Eli credit then you can't give Tom credit. Remember all those Adam Vinatieri field goals to win the SB? Or the Malcolm Butler int? None of those were Tom.
post #3280 of 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

The most clutch part of those Giants' teams was their defensive lines. They just flat out dominated the Pats' offensive line.

Correct and despite that,,, Pats were still 1 drive away from winning two more.


But yeah sure, Eli is the mayor of Clutchville. All hail Doofy Face
post #3281 of 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboyo View Post

well when the team leads the league in injuries for consecutive years, that happens

Also when your QB leads the league in interceptions 3 times in his career...
post #3282 of 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

If you can't give Eli credit then you can't give Tom credit. Remember all those Adam Vinatieri field goals to win the SB? Or the Malcolm Butler int? None of those were Tom.

Sure. The guy leading your team to get into field goal range is irrelevant.
post #3283 of 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

Sure. The guy leading your team to get into field goal range is irrelevant.

Sure. The guy throwing the go ahead TD is irrelevant.

FYI- I don't really think Eli is that great but I still think he deserves more credit than he gets for those SB. Also, I enjoy trolling Tom Brady/Patriots fans because one of my good friends is a huge fan and all we do is troll each other.
post #3284 of 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboyo View Post

well when the team leads the league in injuries for consecutive years, that happens

Here's a list of key players (read: starters) that were plagued with injuries the season the Pats made the AFC Championship game last year:

- Steven Ridley
- Tommy Kelly
- Jerod Mayo
- Danny Amendola
- Vince Wilfork
- Aaron Dobson
- Aqib Talib
- Rob Gronkowski




On the other hand, Eli "The Clutch" Manning has "ESPY-winner-Greatest-Catch-of-All-Time-Except-It-Really-Wasn't" Odell Beckham and led his team to another consecutive losing season.
post #3285 of 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Sure. The guy throwing the go ahead TD is irrelevant.

You are refuting an argument nobody is making. Eli is not irrelevant, but to call a guy who is barely .500 in his career clutch who won 2 Super Bowls backed by defenses that seriously slowed down 2 of the best offenses in NFL history is just silly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread