or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NFL 2016-17 Thread - Page 84

post #1246 of 4980
I think I'm seabags and Broncos today. Will certainly be cheering for anyone who hits Kaepernick.
post #1247 of 4980
Disappointment with a loss today, from greatest to least:

1. Broncos: Peyton Manning's window for a championship is rapidly shrinking, if not completely gone.

2. 49ers: Three straight NFC Championship games and no Super Bowl championship would be crushing.

3. Seahawks: It is unthinkable to lose to your biggest rival at home, but the team will be contending for years to come.

4. Patriots: Hard to feel bad with five Super Bowls and three wins in the bank, plus a Red Sox World Series win as well.
post #1248 of 4980
I don't know how anyone could root for this guy:

4JCINXy.gif

Or this guy:

kaepernick.gif

But, hey, CDM's right. Can't go wrong with either of these games today. Go Pats!
post #1249 of 4980
Can't really argue with the order of that list, though I definitely think Brady's window is shrinking, just not as rapidly and unlike Peyton he'll definitely be back next year. I give Brady maybe two more seasons as the type of QB we're used to seeing. I also don't know many NE fans who thought we'd be playing in the Superbowl this year either whereas Denver was the favorite to win the AFC Championship for pretty much the entire season.
post #1250 of 4980
Quote:
Originally Posted by countdemoney View Post

She's a keeper. I bet the Tannehills have a subscription to Garden & Gun magazine:

http://gardenandgun.com/ (it's a real thing)
g&g is the best magazine at newsstands right now
post #1251 of 4980

I can't think of a better set of championship games. Manning v Brady and Seattle v SF are both juicy.

 

I'm going with a Patriots v SF Superbowl. 

post #1252 of 4980
Denver vs Seattle for me
post #1253 of 4980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Denver vs Seattle for me
Same here, I'd love to see Denver and Seattle in the Super Bowl.

Have a busy day so I'll catch a little of both games but won't see a whole game. Hate that, but have no choice.
post #1254 of 4980

Seattle would be so bad in Giants Stadium though. Ditto for Manning. I think NE v. SF gives us the best opportunity for a great game.  

post #1255 of 4980
How can anyone not from Seattle root for the Seahawks
post #1256 of 4980
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitlets View Post

How can anyone not from Seattle root for the Seahawks

Because Harbough et al are all whiny little bitches. As tough as Frank Gore is - one of the few players on that team I respect, the top of the org is a blight on football.
post #1257 of 4980
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitlets View Post

How can anyone not from Seattle root for the Seahawks
Can't you say the same for SF

At the end of the day, I think broncos and seahawk would provide for the best game out of the teams left
post #1258 of 4980
Aside from Harbaugh, are the Niners that unlikable?

About toughness, so many of the players are tough. Aside from Gore, there's Willis, Bowman, Brooks, Justin Smith. All tough SOBs.

I don't buy that Niners are whinier than any other bunch, it's just because a perception because of a stupid rhyme.
post #1259 of 4980
Quote:
Originally Posted by countdemoney View Post

Because Harbough et al are all whiny little bitches. As tough as Frank Gore is - one of the few players on that team I respect, the top of the org is a blight on football.

Tom Brady whines all the time too. It's more Harbaugh and his over the top outbursts. The players themselves seem to just go out especially the defense. Only exception are the WR's. Everyone know's all WR's whine and complain all the time.
post #1260 of 4980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Tom Brady whines all the time too. It's more Harbaugh and his over the top outbursts. The players themselves seem to just go out especially the defense. Only exception are the WR's. Everyone know's all WR's whine and complain all the time.

Andre Johnson doesn't whine, and he's the best in the business. Same can be said for former great Marvin Harrison.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NFL 2016-17 Thread