or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Corneliani shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corneliani shirts - Page 2

post #16 of 37
Quote:
You should try it.  The fabrics and workmanship is excellent. For me, Etro's fit the bill   . Miserable sale on Edward Greens at Pelger though, discounted to about Euro 550.  How is the sale at Shoes and Shirts?
T4phage, As I said, I'm seriously considering Borrelli m-t-m. As I understand it, prices of Borrelli aren't that far off from Zegna m-t-m, allbeit with 'cheaper' fabrics (The price-difference with the exact same fabric however, was impressive: approx. EUR 600,= if memory serves). That being said, the choice of fabrics was far greater (and not limited to Zegna cloth) and the workmanship will probably be better as well. What has kept me back, was the (perceived) 'enormous' price and the fact that I'm quite happy with the fit of my Zegna m-t-m. Then there is also the fear than, once I have a bite out of the Borrelli-apple, I can't/won't go back. This became all the more relevant as I was drenched by the rain this morning. I read about 'foul weather' suits over on AskAndy's and had a good laugh. Not anymore. Perhaps Corneliani m-t-m. (The Arrow shop on Kneuterdijk did a nice job on a linen m-t-m, regular Corneliani line). But things looking as they are, there will probably be a Borrelli hanging in my closet in the not to distant future   . And I'll most likely still shell out serious money for a 'decent' if still simple cloth. You have Etro m-t-m/bespoke? How do you like that? Their designs are always, well, interesting, perhaps not enrirely to my liking (jackets etc.) but you won't hear me say 'never'. Not after finding this forum   . I don't know anything about the sale at Shoes & Shirts, YET. I'm going to Maastricht for a weekend in two weeks and will certainly drop by S&S. I can't remember them having sales though...   . That would be an even better way of stocking up on shoes. MtB
post #17 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
As I said, I'm seriously considering Borrelli m-t-m. As I understand it, prices of Borrelli aren't that far off from Zegna m-t-m, allbeit with 'cheaper' fabrics (The price-difference with the exact same fabric however, was impressive: approx. EUR 600,= if memory serves). That being said, the choice of fabrics was far greater (and not limited to Zegna cloth) and the workmanship will probably be better as well. What has kept me back, was the (perceived) 'enormous' price and the fact that I'm quite happy with the fit of my Zegna m-t-m. Then there is also the fear than, once I have a bite out of the Borrelli-apple, I can't/won't go back. This became all the more relevant as I was drenched by the rain this morning. I read about 'foul weather' suits over on AskAndy's and had a good laugh. Not anymore. Perhaps Corneliani m-t-m. (The Arrow shop on Kneuterdijk did a nice job on a linen m-t-m, regular Corneliani line). But things looking as they are, there will probably be a Borrelli hanging in my closet in the not to distant future   . And I'll most likely still shell out serious money for a 'decent' if still simple cloth. You have Etro m-t-m/bespoke? How do you like that? Their designs are always, well, interesting, perhaps not enrirely to my liking (jackets etc.) but you won't hear me say 'never'. Not after finding this forum   . I don't know anything about the sale at Shoes & Shirts, YET. I'm going to Maastricht for a weekend in two weeks and will certainly drop by S&S. I can't remember them having sales though...   . That would be an even better way of stocking up on shoes. MtB
No, no, no.... what I meant was (regarding Borrelli swim trunks), was that Etro fit the bill for me. Yes, the price is a lot higher with Borrelli than Zegna or Maffeis, but still, what a nice shirt..... What you should do is buy it in Italy. Once you have a relationship with the store there, you can easily reorder (they will send you fabric samples with each new collection).
post #18 of 37
Here in Korea we're pretty much limited to whatever domestic brands the stores carry. They are good, but they don't use MOP buttons. There's a Zegna store here that does MTM shirts, but I haven't heard many good things about their value considering the worksmanship and price. It looks like I'll never get anything Borrelli until I move back to the states. Even eBay has forsaken me
post #19 of 37
Thread Starter 
Originally posted by Looking to Improve:
Quote:
Perhaps Corneliani m-t-m. (The Arrow shop on Kneuterdijk did a nice job on a linen m-t-m, regular Corneliani line).
That is where I saw some Corneliani shirts, including the double cuff poplins on sale. They have a mtm shirt brand there called Emmanuel Berg, it looked pretty well made for the price.
post #20 of 37
Thread Starter 
Oh by the way, Corneliani's are on sale at Meddens on the Fred for Euro 35, some pieces left. Also Belstaff jackets for Euro 45, some Corneliani sportscoats for Euro 100 to 150 (super 100's and 120's), Corneliani overcoat for about Euro 200 - perfect voor een Nederlander.
post #21 of 37
Quote:
That is where I saw some Corneliani shirts, including the double cuff poplins on sale. They have a mtm shirt brand there called Emmanuel Berg, it looked pretty well made for the price.
T4phage, Oops, here I am talking about m-t-m suits, while you're talking about swimming trunks and shirts. I should keep focused on the topic at hand. So, staying more on topic, I'm also considering a Borrelli m-t-m shirt, but in the somewhat more distant future than a Borrelli m-t-m suit (about a week after delivery of the Borelli suit ). I'll probably go to another shop than Oger's for those shirts, like Montulet in Maastricht. I know about the Berg shirts. The owner(?) (Jack?) was trying VERY hard to steer me towards his m-t-m shirts and also away from Zegna m-t-m suits in favour of (his) Corneliani's. Etro swimming trunks?   . Alias, Hang in there, all of us here on the forum will provide moral support as much as we can. Nice new avatar by the way. But perhaps a bit violent a reaction to not being able to get your hands on anything Borrelli?   MtB
post #22 of 37
Quote:
Oh by the way, Corneliani's are on sale at Meddens on the Fred for Euro 35, some pieces left.  Also Belstaff jackets for Euro 45, some Corneliani sportscoats for Euro 100 to 150 (super 100's and 120's), Corneliani overcoat for about Euro 200 - perfect voor een Nederlander.
I'm perfectly sorted for jackets and overcoats. I don't even know which one to wear anymore (OK, I'm stretching it a bit too far there, but I think you get what I mean.) And it would be perfect for a Nederlander, which, of course I am. I've been wondering about you though...   MtB
post #23 of 37
Thread Starter 
Originally posted by Looking to Improve:
Quote:
Etro swimming trunks? .
Got a bit bored with the tighter speedos, and they (Etro) fit the mood of summer.
post #24 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
.... And it would be perfect for a Nederlander, which, of course I am. I've been wondering about you though...   MtB
post #25 of 37
Quote:
 Got a bit bored with the tighter speedos, and they (Etro) fit the mood of summer.
I imagine they do. Then, so would the Borrelli's have   , or Vilebrequin for that matter . MtB
post #26 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
(T4phage @ 02 July 2004, 01:29)  Got a bit bored with the tighter speedos, and they (Etro) fit the mood of summer.
I imagine they do. Then, so would the Borrelli's have   , or Vilebrequin for that matter . MtB
The Borrelli's fit looked like they were for a much older person.
post #27 of 37
Quote:
The Borrelli's fit looked like they were for a much older person.
[Changing mental picture]   I haven't tried the Borrelli's, so I'll take your word (and with the 'usual' clientele of Pelgers in mind) for it. I would have, though, if I hadn't already had my Vilebrequin. I'm sure glad I got those before they were mass-marketed. MtB
post #28 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage,02 July 2004, 01:35
The Borrelli's fit looked like they were for a much older person.
[Changing mental picture]  
Ik ben jong hoor... Younger than the usual clientele of Pelger's
post #29 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Here in Korea we're pretty much limited to whatever domestic brands the stores carry. They are good, but they don't use MOP buttons. There's a Zegna store here that does MTM shirts, but I haven't heard many good things about their value considering the worksmanship and price. It looks like I'll never get anything Borrelli until I move back to the states. Even eBay has forsaken me
According to the Borrelli website, there should be a salespoint at DAEBANG DONG DONGIAK KU SEOUL, and GANGNAM-KU .
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Ik ben jong hoor... Younger than the usual clientele of Pelger's
[Changing mental picture even further]   MtB P.S.
Quote:
According to the Borrelli website, there should be a salespoint at DAEBANG DONG DONGIAK KU SEOUL, and GANGNAM-KU.
Well, the moral support already kicked in.   .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Corneliani shirts