Just checking in on some things. I've got responses to a few of your questions:
They're looking good on the new supplies, so if we want to put together an order than a Nov-Dec may still be realistic. However, we'd have to do this with the understanding that it might get pushed out to January-Feb.
Wides and Narrows
All lasts can be ordered in an "E" (narrow) or "G" (fitting). An extra wide fitting ("H") may be possible in certain sizes on certain lasts. I don't have the details for that, but I imagine it's going to be the more traditional lasts like the Budapester and 3636.
As of right now, Mr. Vass does not want to use traditional rubber Dainite soles. He doesn't like how they look when they're sewn on by hand.
Now, for the first makeup concepts, how about we try to put together a shell shoe and a non-shell boot? A few guys have mentioned dark cognac (essentially cigar) as a prefered shell color, and I've blocked out enough for 8 units. There's been some talk of a double monk, so we could start with that.
At the moment, there isn't enough shell cordovan available to do a six-unit run of a high boot, but we can certainly do that in a calf, suede, or scotchgrain. That - along with the shell shoe - could be delivered in early November. Or we can plan one out with museum calf as long as everyone understands the potential for a delay.