Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Frye Boots - Page 5post #61 of 10311/2/09 at 5:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62 of 10311/2/09 at 6:12pmpost #63 of 10311/2/09 at 8:10pmpost #64 of 10311/6/09 at 4:38pmpost #65 of 10311/6/09 at 6:12pmpost #66 of 10311/12/09 at 9:32pmpost #67 of 10311/13/09 at 12:21ampost #68 of 10311/16/09 at 5:47pmhey folks. i've been looking for a forum thread or something similar to address the issue of frye's fit specific to larger mens sizes in the heaths, but am not having any luck.
i measure 13-1/2 (13-1/4 on one foot, actually), but typically have to size up to 14 as very few manufacturers offer 1/2 sizing above 13. i have a pair of danner super rain forests, and they're 14s - looser than i'd ideally like, but a better fit than the 13s. i'd love to pick up a pair of the heath motos, but they stop at 13. does anyone have any experience with the heaths in this size range? it would be awesome if they ran a 1/2 size large, as that would make them perfect for me.
thanks in advance for any help.post #69 of 10312/30/11 at 9:05pmpost #70 of 1032/18/13 at 3:47pmLooking for a pair of logger boots and this is the one that caught my eyes. Frye logger boots: http://www.thefryecompany.com/mens-boots/view-all/87927/logger#/mens-boots/view-all/87927/logger?color=DBN
Made In USA.
Yay or nay?post #71 of 1038/1/13 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by bellyhungry
Looking for a pair of logger boots and this is the one that caught my eyes. Frye logger boots: http://www.thefryecompany.com/mens-boots/view-all/87927/logger#/mens-boots/view-all/87927/logger?color=DBN
Made In USA.
Yay or nay?
Sorry no one answered you - but once you into buying quality boots, I suspect you already looking for your next pair!
A great web sit to get fab deals is www.6pm.com
Here are examples:
FRYE LOGGER - Reg $248, on Sale: $179.00 with free shipping and returns (owned by zappos.com)
FRYE COBB HIKER - Reg $348.00, on sale for $188.84
They currently have 624 styles on sale in the Womens section, and 196 styles in the Men's.
Great selection in case your size is out of stock.
All my best,
Davidpost #72 of 1038/7/13 at 1:43ampost #73 of 1038/7/13 at 6:23amQuote:
Nice choice. Interesting sole - heel combination in materials.post #74 of 10311/27/13 at 11:18pmpost #75 of 1037/17/14 at 4:59ami'm curious why Frye boots don't get much love around SF? Are their boots really that bad in terms of fit and construction? I've read dismal reviews of the Frye Walter boot (the Indy knockoff boot) and was curious what your thoughts were on this company. It seems that with all the interest in work boot styles Frye could easily benefit from this trend.
- Frye Boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 50 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › SF Cheap Functional Buttonholes 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...