• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So people think I'm gay

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Note- this is NOT by any means meant to bash gay people. I have absolutely no problem with them, they are people too, but my situation is making girls shun away from me, which, as a straight male, is something I don't want
smile.gif

It seems as though the rumor has been passing through the school I go to that I am gay. Apparently I dress gay, act gay, and do gay stuff. On a normal school day I wear khakis, sandals, and a dress shirt (no tie), just FYI. Now I thought it had been blatanly obviously that I am straight, but apparently not. Seeing how things are overblown in high school this has been affecting my relationships with other kids and is overall growing to be a problem that needs to be fixed.

Any solutions?

TIA
JB

PS Connemara you can contribute if you have anything to bring to the table
laugh.gif

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear more things with 28% linen.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
You should exude masculinity by going to the gym and getting buff. While you're there, wear muscle shirts to show off how tough you are. Shave off your body hair so that every chiseled line is clear to see. Then no one will think you're gay.

NB I wish someone had told me this in high school: if you bang a "popular" chick, they will ALL find out about it. Then it doesn't matter what rumors the guys circulate.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have been spending too much time on StyleForum and its inherent gayness has affected your demeanor...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I odnt think heshould shave off his body hair....
thats a sign of masculinity

JB,
you can spin this around in a good way. Maybe girls will try to test it and youll end up getting more ass then ever before..

jett

Reaction score
Don't worry about it, women love a pretty boy. If people don't believe you when you say you are straight then that is their problem. If it really bugs you, have you considered dating girls? The rumors of your gayness go away quickly when you get spotted making out with a hot chick
smile.gif

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe your love for airplanes has been correlated by your pairs as a love and attraction for a phalic symbol ...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Stop wearing sandals.

+1

@tiger
You should exude masculinity by going to the gym and getting buff. While you're there, wear muscle shirts to show off how tough you are. Shave off your body hair so that every chiseled line is clear to see. Then no one will think you're gay.

NB I wish someone had told me this in high school: if you bang a "popular" chick, they will ALL find out about it. Then it doesn't matter what rumors the guys circulate.

Tiger you are a bad boy
lol8[1].gif

JB, stay clear of the first. It's a super gay gau.

The second is a very wise thought.

Btw, what happened to this little East-European girl you felt in love several weeks ago?

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Wow you're not ****? How vierd...

The whole time I'm was looking at your pictures of air planes all I could think was "Man this guys really likes penises, big flying penises.".

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't overreact. Just play it off, as much as you can. "I'm not gay, I just act this way to get chicks" or whathaveyou. If you try too hard to fight this rumor, it's only going to fuel it. Just don't worry about it. People may or may not really believe that you're gay. Sometimes folks just like to say things they think will be upsetting. And ultimately it doesn't matter.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
use it to your advantage. go out with girls who wouldnt date you under the premise of being gay, get drunk with them, and tell them youd like to see what a girl is like in bed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads