Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › So people think I'm gay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So people think I'm gay - Page 10

post #136 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I didn't say I was Mr. Successful but when it didn't happen it wasn't for a lack of trying.

OP, you seem like a sweet kid that people like to talk to, be around etc. There is nothing worng with that but it won't get you laid and you are in high school so you shouldn't be looking for "the one", even though you might find her and end up marrying her. Your hormones should have you thinking about nothing but sex with girls. When you see them, when they are talking to you, when they are in the same state as you. You'll have time for long term relationships later. If girls see you know is a guy they can easily relate to, hang out with, talk to etc, they ain't thinking about having sex with you. This is the stage in your life where you have to play the field, it's embedded in your DNA.


No matter what the orientation. All men are the same.
post #137 of 350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Your hormones should have you thinking about nothing but sex with girls. When you see them, when they are talking to you, when they are in the same state as you
Hey now, I'm not saying I don't think about sex at all It's a part of life at this age.

JB
post #138 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
Hey now, I'm not saying I don't think about sex at all It's a part of life at this age.

JB

I do not totally agree with what Edmorel said-- but he has a point. Listen, there is nothing wrong with being "friendly" with girls. At this point in your life you need to get over any fear of approaching women, learn what makes them laugh and how to engage in conversation-- this will serve you well as you get older. SO- I do not think there is anything wrong with chatting with these girls and getting them interested in hanging around you. Obviously other guys have different experiences than I do, but I was never captain of the lacrosse team or most popular in school so I developed my sense of humor, a very wide range of unusual interests, and a strong ambition to do well in my career. Now that there is no lacrosse team for anyone to be on (unless you are a pro athlete), most women are far more impressed with my ability to make them laugh, tease them and flirt with them. Plus it doesn't hurt I have a lot of interesting things to talk about and an interesting career.


However, this goes along with a huge caveat-- Edmorel is totally correct that if you "like" a girl, your goal is to sleep with her. Period, no excuses unless YOU already have a girlfriend or some such thing that makes you hold off and build your unattainable status in her eyes until you finally strike. Being "friends" with a girl does not result in sleeping with her except in such a infintessimally small number circumstances I would recommend you categorize this as a complete impossibility.

Work on your game my man and best of luck to you.
post #139 of 350
Thread Starter 
That's the kind of post I was looking for. +100 CTguy.

JB
post #140 of 350
Hey so what, the other 9 pages of post are chop liver!?
post #141 of 350
Still think you just have not realized that you are gay
post #142 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Still think you just have not realized that you are gay

LOL
post #143 of 350
Thread Starter 
Not exactly, teddie. Seems like there has been a lot of filler in this thread but that's ok. Congrats on your 3000th post btw, ed.

I may be gay, but I'm happy enough being straight so I see no reason to try it.

JB
post #144 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
Not exactly, teddie. Seems like there has been a lot of filler in this thread but that's ok. Congrats on your 3000th post btw, ed.

I may be gay, but I'm happy enough being straight so I see no reason to try it.

JB


I'm just busting your balls, you need to do whatever you feel comfortable and happy with and not care what others think.
post #145 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGuy View Post
I do not totally agree with what Edmorel said-- but he has a point. Listen, there is nothing wrong with being "friendly" with girls. At this point in your life you need to get over any fear of approaching women, learn what makes them laugh and how to engage in conversation-- this will serve you well as you get older. SO- I do not think there is anything wrong with chatting with these girls and getting them interested in hanging around you. Obviously other guys have different experiences than I do, but I was never captain of the lacrosse team or most popular in school so I developed my sense of humor, a very wide range of unusual interests, and a strong ambition to do well in my career. Now that there is no lacrosse team for anyone to be on (unless you are a pro athlete), most women are far more impressed with my ability to make them laugh, tease them and flirt with them. Plus it doesn't hurt I have a lot of interesting things to talk about and an interesting career. However, this goes along with a huge caveat-- Edmorel is totally correct that if you "like" a girl, your goal is to sleep with her. Period, no excuses unless YOU already have a girlfriend or some such thing that makes you hold off and build your unattainable status in her eyes until you finally strike. Being "friends" with a girl does not result in sleeping with her except in such a infintessimally small number circumstances I would recommend you categorize this as a complete impossibility. Work on your game my man and best of luck to you.
+1 JB, at some point one must strike a balance between a carefully crafted persona and deliberate actions in the interest of having as much sex as possible with attractive girls, and simply being who you are. Some place a high priority on one at the expense of the other, neither of which options I take any issue. Some people have a natural predilection to act like this in the first place. But clearly your natural behavior has produced a crude "he must be gay" reaction from your high school male peers (which basically means they've chosen to attempt to lower you in the eyes of the women in the school because you're different from them, thereby enhancing the perception of their own stereotypical herd-mentality male behavior). You can continue to act and dress this way. Or you can choose to go out of your way to carry forth the recommendations of those interested in getting you laid, and I do not doubt that the majority of the suggestions in this thread will carry you further towards that goal than you already are. But I would imagine CTGuy's suggestions probably jive a bit more with your natural personality. I will add this to the "friends with girls" discussion: if you're going to be friendly with a girl that you find attractive, at the least inject a healthy bit of sexual tension into the relationship. I know plenty of guys (myself included) who were friends with girls for a while before they hooked up with them, but it was quite obvious from the beginning that their was a mutual attraction. This is key. Also, I think you should try to nail the Finnish girl over the summer. It just seems like the right thing to do.
post #146 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
+1
It just seems like the right thing to do.

It's the only thing to do. Set goals for yourself man - best way to self-improvement (and getting laid).
post #147 of 350
Quote:
It's kind of hard to make a vagina-shaped aircraft though.

How about a space ship?
post #148 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGuy View Post
Obviously other guys have different experiences than I do, but I was never captain of the lacrosse team or most popular in school so I developed my sense of humor, a very wide range of unusual interests, and a strong ambition to do well in my career. Now that there is no lacrosse team for anyone to be on (unless you are a pro athlete), most women are far more impressed with my ability to make them laugh, tease them and flirt with them. Plus it doesn't hurt I have a lot of interesting things to talk about and an interesting career.

The first sport you thought to use as an example was lacrosse?

CTGuy, don't look now, but I think you might be gay....
post #149 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
+1. Can't say that much has changed for me in the 20 years since high school either.
It's funny. I am just about twenty years out of high school and for the first time have become "friends" with a few women. I just have never had the interest as they don't have much interesting to say for the most part and don't have many of the same interests that I do. I never had much problem finding girls to go to bed with, and when I finally found one who I both wanted to sleep with and wanted to be friends with, I married her.
post #150 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
How about a space ship?

I think that a time machine, done properly, can be very vaginal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › So people think I'm gay