Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/18/14 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 8/31/14 at 11:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 1:02 am in Classic Menswear
- Need a shirt, tie, and shoes quick Last post on 10/10/12 at 2:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 662
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #9917 of 124037/19/14 at 7:45pmpost #9918 of 124037/19/14 at 8:39pm
5 Essentials That Every Jetsetting Sartoriale Badass Needs
1. Sartoria Formosa - Prince-of-Wales single breasted suit, 11oz flannel
Classic and sublime while still standing out as being impeccably dressed. If the Prince of Wales wore it...you probably should too. Suitable on any continent for any occasion...so long as it involves oyster and martini lunches and a license to kill.
2. Vass - Medium Brown Suede Old English Captoe Oxford
These extremely versatile mid-brown suede captoes are necessary for any well dressed man. They are made on the sleek chiseled U-last designed by legendary Florentine bespoke Shoemaker Roberto Ugolini for Vass...it doesn't get much better. Pair them with your Prince-of-Wales check suit and you are set for business anywhere.
3. Valstar - Dark Taupe Grey Lamb Suede Valstarino Bomber Jacker
After the business day is over, switch into this bomber jacket and hop on your Ducati for a night out. Don't be surprised if women crawl up to you purring wanting to rub against you...it's super soft.
4. Buttero - Tanino High Sneaker, Black Calf
A must have to be paired with jeans and your new Valstar bomber jacket. Classic black leather sneaker...made modern by the beloved Buttero. Expertly crafted with top quality leather.
5. Calabrese 1924 - Black Pompeii Leather Travel Bag
You could be the best dressed person on the planet...but you'll look like a fool when you step off your private jet if you aren't carrying this bag. Throw out your Samsonite's...its time to upgrade. This Calabrese allows you ample room to neatly carry your wardrobe across the world...in style for conservative business dress or casual affairs.post #9919 of 124037/19/14 at 9:33pmpost #9920 of 124037/19/14 at 9:49pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks guys! It worked.post #9921 of 124037/20/14 at 5:30am
Some beautiful pieces I've slept on:post #9922 of 124037/20/14 at 9:39amThis is a clever marketing strategy, and also provides a different prospective on some things we might have initially passed over. :winwin:
I may post my list when I have a bit more time, but first a couple of fit q's, having been re-inspired by this little game (it works!).
How does the Lightning Bolt tee fit? Would a not too slender 40R be able to fit into M, or too small?
What are the measurements of the Camoshita poplin shirt in 16?
What's the appropriate sizing on both the TS(S) dobby jacket and The Pedalled linen jacket (suit measure: 42" chest, 39" waist, 18" shoulder; 5' 8", 150lbs). Thought: what about a repository where measurements can be stored and accessed for quick reference? I feel a bit foolish reposting my measurements every time I have a fit question (I suppose if one buys enough stuff, NMWA can keep specs on mental file ).post #9923 of 124037/20/14 at 9:57amHere's my entry. Probably should entitle this list: things I'll end up buying. Not all to be worn together course.
5.)http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/footwear/shoes/medium-brown-suede-old-english-cap-toe-oxford.htmlpost #9924 of 124037/20/14 at 10:16ampost #9925 of 124037/20/14 at 10:47ampost #9926 of 124037/20/14 at 12:06pmEntitled: My NMWA Alter Ego; The 5 things I can't pull off but wish I could.
The Oliver Spencer Solms jacket in diamond jacquard Bowes cream color
My Problem: I don't have enough of a life to wear this for anything, anywhere. I've thought that I need to work on the life part first, but I've thought that for years and it ain't happening; maybe I should reverse the strategy: jacket first, life will follow. Not too many pieces could cause such a change, but this one looks like it could. Can you just imagine the parties you'd have to be in attendance for to rock a jacket like this? Oh the stories you (or the jacket) could tell...
The Camoshita white seersucker capri collar shirt
My Problem: I'm in central Florida where the weather makes this entirely appropriate, but central Florida is not Miami, West Palm. In this case it's not my life per-se, it's that I'm stuck in the land of Mickey Mouse, strip malls, and I-4. Ok,I'll stop the whining about location; actually, it was the capri collar that was holding me back, but F' that - I'm ready and I'd take one in heartbeat if there was still a 50 on the shelves. Anyone?
The Stephan Schneider slide shirt in "River" cotton with contrast back
My Problem: I'm not "quirky", or "funky", or "alternative". This shirt really isn't either, but the fact that the back is different than the front is, well, a bit quirky. Still, I like it. Again, the overall design is right in line with Florida - kind of a like guayabera spun slightly modern. I'm almost there on this one, but still too uptight for it.
The Stephan Schneider valve belted coat in "Night" dark blue cotton/linen mix
My Problem: Again, no opportunity to put it to good use; too boring a life. But, wow, this is cool. I've always liked a slightly asian asthetic and the shawl collar here has that vibe. Plus there's a ton of thought and work to the double layering. Plus, check out the mode with the central collar button and the split quarters, that's a super cool look that somebody out there should be rocking. If I got into the store and could try this on in real life, I think I could talk myself into it.
The Esemplare Reversible grey jersey / navy down vest
My Problem: Actually, there's no problem here - but there used to be. I think there's a dividing line with men who are pre/anti-vest and those who aren't. I crossed the line a couple of years back and got myself a nice stable. If I didn't have everything covered I'd snag one of these right now. Navy (nylon?) that looks water resistant on one side and a soft cotton in light gray on the other - fully reversible and it's 90% down and 10% feather for a couple sheckles over two big ones. Are you kidding me? Greg's shot of it as a layer under cranberry only scratches the surface of all the bangin' combos you can do with this. And this is truly an item that looks like it could go with just about anything you throw at it - jeans, cords, drills, flannels, whatever. People should get on this. If you are like I was - "I'm not a vest guy" - you should take your first shot at it with this.
(ps - to Greg + Co., I have just a few items from NMWA, all pretty standard ones. But your endeavor continues to expose me to, and makes me think about, fantastic items like those above. You're moving the needle for me even if my wardrobe doesn't yet reflect it. Keep up the great work!)post #9927 of 124037/20/14 at 1:51pmThe Ultimate SLEPT on NMWA List:
ThinkDerm's top 5:
1) PORTER BY YOSHIDA
Brown "Dual" Millerain waxed canvas briefcase
Level of somnolence: Ambien
Reason: All styleforum members need to canvas their wardrobes to realize - you ain't got nothin' like this already. A perfect mix of leather and canvas built from British fabrics with Japanese precision. Treat every minute like time is valuable and reach for something better to tote your stuff around in this summer - sexy enough for the beach, enough room for an overnight stay, durable and light enough for active day trips, and presentable enough for work meetings over suds, this, my friends, is a purchase that has been overslept on.
Ethnocultural craftsmanship: British and Japanese
Bonus - this case comes with the polish, so you can wax 'dat case whenever, wherever:
2) ROBINSON LES BAINS
Mid-length "Oxford Long" swim trunks, Hungarian Flowers print
Level of somnolence: Tylenol PM
Reason: Summer is only midway through, and that means there is ample time to amp up your beachwear, and plan strategically for resort season (yes, trips six months from now merit koppage now). What better way to stand out from the rest with exquisitely trim cut swimwear from Robinson Les Bains featuring elegant Hungarian florals - the cut shows you mean business, and the print demonstrates you have that fun loving spirit that will make you the life of any social gathering.
Pro Tip: Keep a pair of these in your Porter bag, you never know what mischief you'll create this summer...
Ethnocultural craftsmanship: French and Hungarian (yes, hungary is known for excellence beyond Vass)
Navy blue relaxed leg cotton & linen trousers
Level of somnolence: Benadryl
Reason: The Pontiac of summer trou, these will pants telegraph that you got the memo - when the mercury rises, wider is better. The only thing you'll enjoy more than slipping into a pair of these linen-cottons at the beginning of the day is the ease of slipping out of them when the time is right.
Protip: If washing these at home, consider handwash (cycle) with the pants inside out to protect the luster of the mother of pearl buttons.
Protip2: Blue linen trou work well for summer. Forget the group think that Blue Trou can't be worn while at the resort, on a boat, in Napa or Tahoe.
Ethnocultural craftsmanship: MIJ
4) G. INGLESE
Grey stripe chambray shirt, spread collar
Grey stripe chambray shirt, spread collar
Level of somnolence: Hydroxyzine Syrup
Reason: How could this be on the list of sleepers you might wonder? Simply put, this shirt is so next level, it's been heavily slept on. Sure sure, it's by NMWA fan favorite maker G. (money) inglese, made in italy, with handwork, many years on their shoulders, etc. We know and expect this. However, we never expected a Grey Striped Chambray shirt. At first glance, it's easy to think, another cotton-linen shirt jam, but just when you've gotten comfortable with the summer shirt offerings, Greg and Co mix this shirt game up heavy, like some original Wu Tang Clan, 36 chambers of menswear excellence, bringing the masses real chambray, in a year round, perfect (non-poly blend, meaning non-flammable) beach to boardroom shirt jam. At these mid-summer sale prices, NMWA is barely covering the cost of fabric, let alone, handmade fantasticness.
Protip: Keep this versatile shirt in your mix year round. Buy it for the fabric and craftsmanship, keep it for the fit.
Ethnocultural heritage: Italian cento percento
Navy wool & cashmere knit tie, light blue birdseye
Level of somnolence: Two shots of vodka - straight, no chaser
Reason: Best known for making incredible, life-course correcting socks, these ties are way under the radar. A subtle mix of wool and cashmere, with a thinness that complements and flatters nearly any frame with precision, this piece of neckwear is so much more than a tie. I've included close up shots of the fabric to demonstrate the craftsmanship that makes this Sozzi piece worthy of valued neck time.
Ethnocultural: Made in Italy
Protip: Mix different textures in your outfit to reach that next-levelness you've been striving for. A tie like this added to the above will make you unique amongst your friends and peers. Keep this Sozzi in your Porter bag and tie one on for client meetings.
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/sale-section/navy-wool-cashmere-knit-tie-light-blue-birdseye.htmlpost #9928 of 124037/20/14 at 1:57pmpost #9929 of 124037/20/14 at 2:02pmpost #9930 of 124037/20/14 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
At first glance, it's easy to think, another cotton-linen shirt jam, but just when you've gotten comfortable with the summer shirt offerings, Greg and Co mix this shirt game up heavy, like some original Wu Tang Clan, 36 chambers of menswear excellence, bringing the masses real chambray, in a year round, perfect (non-poly blend, meaning non-flammable) beach to boardroom shirt jam.
Grey-striped chambray is for the children!
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › TV>>Norwich vs Birmingha Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 2 seconds ago
- › Burnley vs Sunderland Live streaming England 24 seconds ago
- › TV>>Wolves vs Bolton Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 29 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 33 seconds ago
- › Aston Villa vs Arsenal Live streaming Soccer 44 seconds ago
- › TV>>Newcastle vs Hull city Live stream Barclays Premier League 2014 53 seconds ago
- › TV>>Aston Villa vs Arsenal Live stream Barclays Premier League 2014 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> Rotherham vs Charlton live 1 minute ago
- › TV>>Derby vs Cardiff city Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 1 minute ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)