@unbel I'm right handed and have a slight dropped right shoulder, if that helps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 12/14/14 at 7:38am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Today at 1:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 2:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 661post #9901 of 165877/18/14 at 10:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9902 of 165877/18/14 at 11:02pmQuote:
Nope, right handed. Sorry to throw off your data. My right arm spent a lot of time in a sling from a shoulder injury as a kid...I've always thought that was the reason for the drop (it's pretty bad). Maybe I was always like this...who knows.post #9903 of 165877/19/14 at 12:11am
Jumping on board with "A Few of My Favorite (Slept-on) Things."
I tend to play in the no man's land between casual and suit-and-tie, and I think my choices reflect that. A look at my wardrobe will quickly affirm my belief that I could easy wear the same shirt every day of the week, but a different jacket everyday is a must. Moving on to my picks...
While I will transparently say that this jacket is sold out in my size, it is THE piece I have been looking at this season on NMWA. The perfect blend of menswear and casual, I could see myself wearing this everyday. Perfect for the casual rains that Portland sees most of the year, and the colder times of California.
Continuing my love for versatility, I think this jacket, while understated (and "plain" to some) would make a handsome go-to outerwear piece. A nice medium weight, neutral tone, and removable hood make it a no-brainer for endless situations. A good number two to the TS(S) dobby jacket.
Building on my theme of versatility in unexpected places, this bag fits the bill. I'm sure many (myself included) would argue that a rolling carry-on suitcase would be the best piece for travel, but I have a hard time resisting this bag. The simple black tone, classic Porter aesthetic and construction, combined with the versatility of storage make me imagine the ways it could replace two or three of my current luggage pieces. The suitcase-like compartments allows it to fill many roles in my travel arrangements, and the multiple carrying handles make sure it's easy to bring along.
All spring and summer, I've been looking for a good cotton sportcoat. Something in a more defined texture (twill or oxford) and in a neutral, beige tone. This definitely fits the bill. The patch pockets keep it casual, but the overall shape and two-button give it a refined edge. Again, perfect for a casual-but-not-too-casual aesthetic. A slept-on piece in the sense that it's very ubiquitous, but a necessary addition.
This. The first time I saw this suit online, I lost it. Cotton. Dark green. What's not to love? It's the ultimate slept-on piece. Green isn't the first thing many would think of as a versatile addition to the wardrobe, but I beg to differ. This suit with a crisp blue or white OCBD, two buttons undone, no tie, and color 8 LHS. Done. Or maybe a pair of Converse? Endless possibilities. It's the perfect way to make a statement and catch eyes without overdoing it. Plus, the cotton gives it a slightly more casual edge that doesn't scream "who has two thumbs and owns a green suit?"post #9904 of 165877/19/14 at 1:32am1. EO TO TO - Sunbathing woman jacquard v-neck sweater
What is wrong with you people? Why is there still a full size run of this thing? Look at the beautiful scene on the sweater: a lady with nice, round buttocks sunbathing on a serene beach, and oh, what's that? Are those seashells? And a boat out in the distance? Jesus, it's got everything. This sweater is literally art, from the pleasant color scheme to the peaceful scene that makes you remember those carefree younger days... I mean, I recognize it's still summer so maybe you don't need a sweater, but you could grab it to stick it in a frame so that you don't forget what it's like to be young...
2. Lightning Bolt - Birds of Paradise t-shirt
You're on vacation in a tropical place, maybe it's south america or maybe it's asia. It's a bit hot, but you've got a cold drink in your hand. You're not sure what you're gonna do today, you're a little tired, but all you know is that you're happy where you are right now, not really doing anything at the moment. You're just strolling around, and out of nowhere something catches your eye: a few brightly colored flowers surrounded by lush dark green. You remember your youth. You remember what it's like to fall in love all over again. You shed a tear for your dreams of being a rockstar or a professional surfer.
Pleasantly colored in an inoffensive beige/gray with a dark floral/tropical print, and it's only $30!
3. TS(S) - Navy Wave Print Shirt
Oh my gosh, this print is incredible. A little sloppy and irregular, not perfect. A little bleeding of the blue into the white here and there. Beautiful shirt that reminds you of the first time you ever saw the ocean, and you can just imagine wearing this thing open over the Lightning Bolt t-shirt, sleeves rolled up a bit, it's wrinkled, the salt breeze blowing and ruffling this lightweight shirt around you, maybe you see a nice lady out in the distance, you wave, maybe, but she probably can't see you because you're blending in with the sea because of this incredible print
4. LUNETTES KOLLEKTION - "Jeunesse Toujours" sunglasses in tortoise brown
You don't really have to give up your dream of being a rockstar or professional surfer with these bad boys. Forget that you ever even heard the word finance.
5. PEDALED - Hacking jacket in grey/blue linen
It's no longer summer, but mid-late autumn. You're not at the beach anymore, you're in the city on your bike. It's a bit cold outside, you're bundled up with toasty layers, and you're zipping along on your fixie while the autumn rainbow of orange, red, and yellow leaves float past you in the air. Where are you going? Who knows. Are you late? Probably. Do you care? Not a bit. This asshole behind you cares, though. He's honking real loud at you, yelling something you don't quite understand. But you stay namaste. You stay zen. You've found your youth. Finally, as the both of you reach a stop light, he pulls up next to you. You give him the look that all cyclists have learned to give to angry car drivers. He's saying something to you. But you're not sure what it is. You're still zen. Have you started caring yet? Not in the slightest.
The light goes green, you snap out of it. You ride off into the morning sun. You hear him in the distance, and this time, you actually catch what he's saying as the distance between you two increases:
"Is that jacket 100% linen?"post #9905 of 165877/19/14 at 1:45am
Thanks NMWA for this contest. Looking forward to seeing some of these items up close next week!
1. Brown navy striped Bigi Shantung: lovely summer tie; versatile colors; surface texture.
2. AS Walnut Single Monks: Because you are so f**king tired of double monks (and darn it, you who bought the last 8UK! All other sizes appear available).
3. Drake's Scarf: Beautiful color combinations, pattern, texture.
4. Pedaled Hacking Jacket in Linen: I'm traveling right now and have a similar piece. It's great to have all these pockets while traveling and in linen will help in the summer heat.
5. Camoshita Navy Linen Trousers: Why the navy trouser hate, SF? These are awesome.post #9906 of 165877/19/14 at 2:47am1.
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/sale-section/beige-monkton-handmade-raincoat-loro-piana-fabric.htmlpost #9907 of 165877/19/14 at 6:28ampost #9908 of 165877/19/14 at 10:13amNot in any particular order. Items that I think are slept on or want, but cannot afford right now
1. Handsewn goodness to pair with your fit
2. Pants that will sit cool, while you are lounging on the beach
3. You don't see too much green around town
4. Gotta be able to style when you are headed away for the weekend
5. Nothing better than a stylish loaferpost #9909 of 165877/19/14 at 11:31ampost #9910 of 165877/19/14 at 11:41ampost #9911 of 165877/19/14 at 12:36pmThread Starterpost #9912 of 165877/19/14 at 2:04pmpost #9913 of 165877/19/14 at 2:55pmpost #9914 of 165877/19/14 at 3:16pmThread Starterpost #9915 of 165877/19/14 at 3:29pm
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › Viberg Boots 8 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 16 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...