Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:30 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/16/15 at 8:17am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
Last edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Going Places: A Brief Trip to NaplesLast edited: 3/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Today
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 659post #9871 of 215137/18/14 at 2:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9872 of 215137/18/14 at 2:34pmpost #9873 of 215137/18/14 at 2:41pmpost #9874 of 215137/18/14 at 4:24pmQuote:
Can we get a similar rundown on your perspective on sizing for Stephan Schneider (Miami crew neck) and Inis Meain (donegal zip) sweaters?post #9875 of 215137/18/14 at 4:25pmpost #9876 of 215137/18/14 at 4:38pmpost #9877 of 215137/18/14 at 4:39pmThread Starterpost #9878 of 215137/18/14 at 4:40pmHere's my 5 -- I clearly have Fall on the brain.
1. Stephen Schneider crewneck sweater. I would wear this year-round if I had confidence I would order the right size and not screw it up.
2. Pedaled Hacking Jacket in Grey/blue linen. Same as #1. Perfect for our mild fall and winters here in the Bay Area.
3. SS hooded cardigan. I need this. This should be a staple item in everybody's wardrobe.
4. Inis Corran sweater. I'm sure it is even more beautiful in person.
5. Mackintosh Monkton. It doesn't rain here in California anymore, but I will join the chorus on this slept-on item.post #9879 of 215137/18/14 at 4:42pmpost #9880 of 215137/18/14 at 4:51pmpost #9881 of 215137/18/14 at 4:52pmpost #9882 of 215137/18/14 at 4:52pmAlso, just a reminder.
Still waiting for ONE MORE for:
Making it up into a jacket. Great for us folks in the South, or the West Coast. If you want a Formosa jacket, this is your chance.
Also, only need to pay half up front. The other half down the road. This is as close to NMWA lay-away as you are going to get!
Just in time for your Turks & Caicos vacation.post #9883 of 215137/18/14 at 4:55pmpost #9884 of 215137/18/14 at 4:58pm
I am going to the Oregon Coast next weekend, so, my picks with that in mind:
1. Heschung Apache - I pledge, if I win the 40% code, to buy these. I got the beige color, and I really love them. Wear them all the time. I am sure that I would love these, in the off white as well. Of course, I would feel dumb doing the "buy all the colors" thing. But, at that good a deal. Fuggedaboutit. I would feel dumb NOT buying them:
2. Need a sweater. It gets chilly on the coast. I see all these pictures of dudes in white sweaters. On the Oregon Coast, with 3 kids under 7, that's crazy talk. That white sweater would last the 2 minutes it takes for my two year old son to come careening into me trying to take me down (I have lapses of judgement where I teach him wrestling drills) and makes me spill my coffee. This Eo To To sweater, on the other hand, could take a full cup of coffee, some honey and yoghurt, and a fist full of dark Oregon sand like a champ: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/clothing/knitwear/eototo-crewneck-knit-brown.html
3. So... my fifteen year old stepson was eating dinner one night, when a friend, who was over, said "Well, that's a risque tee?" Ddi a double take. I had ever noticed before that his worn out "Beaver styles" tee shirt, with cute rodents with different hairstyles, from shaved bald to full afro to mohawk, could be taken another way. Apparently, I am dumb. Anyone who has been on Styleforum more than a month knows this to be true at least some of the time. Anyway, I'm probably too old to be wearing a Beaver Styles tee, and in any case, he is about 50 lbs lighter, and that shirt would just show off my abs of bacon. But this, this i could wear:
4. I sometimes ride into town to go to the local farmer's market. A rented bike. With a basket on the front. This jacket would make me feel more like, you know, a man: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/sale-section/hacking-jacket-in-grey-blue-linen.html
5. I love belts. I can never get enough belts (I have over 50 right now). And no one would believe that this is my list if there was no belt on it. I have been remiss though. No elastic belts. The Farnese fills that niche. Also, you will never need to loosen a notch, i.e. you will never realize you just gained 5 lbs in a week. Just sorta adjust your underwear like man Spanx, and you are good to go. By you I mean me.post #9885 of 215137/18/14 at 5:02pmQuote:
Yeah, Rota and Farnese. They feel very nice after walking around a bit in them. These are a 48.Quote:
I don't know exactly. As for the length, they touch my shoes and my socks don't show. It's nice that I don't need to touch the waist or hem them!
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...
- › I want a summer suit...(J.Crew vs. SuitSupply) 46 seconds ago
- › Video Games 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 9 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...