Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:47 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/11/17 at 7:01am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 659post #9871 of 392187/18/14 at 2:05pmpost #9872 of 392187/18/14 at 2:34pmpost #9873 of 392187/18/14 at 2:41pmpost #9874 of 392187/18/14 at 4:24pmQuote:
Can we get a similar rundown on your perspective on sizing for Stephan Schneider (Miami crew neck) and Inis Meain (donegal zip) sweaters?post #9875 of 392187/18/14 at 4:25pmpost #9876 of 392187/18/14 at 4:38pmpost #9877 of 392187/18/14 at 4:39pmThread Starterpost #9878 of 392187/18/14 at 4:40pmHere's my 5 -- I clearly have Fall on the brain.
1. Stephen Schneider crewneck sweater. I would wear this year-round if I had confidence I would order the right size and not screw it up.
2. Pedaled Hacking Jacket in Grey/blue linen. Same as #1. Perfect for our mild fall and winters here in the Bay Area.
3. SS hooded cardigan. I need this. This should be a staple item in everybody's wardrobe.
4. Inis Corran sweater. I'm sure it is even more beautiful in person.
5. Mackintosh Monkton. It doesn't rain here in California anymore, but I will join the chorus on this slept-on item.post #9879 of 392187/18/14 at 4:42pmpost #9880 of 392187/18/14 at 4:51pmpost #9881 of 392187/18/14 at 4:52pmpost #9882 of 392187/18/14 at 4:52pmAlso, just a reminder.
Still waiting for ONE MORE for:
Making it up into a jacket. Great for us folks in the South, or the West Coast. If you want a Formosa jacket, this is your chance.
Also, only need to pay half up front. The other half down the road. This is as close to NMWA lay-away as you are going to get!
Just in time for your Turks & Caicos vacation.post #9883 of 392187/18/14 at 4:55pmpost #9884 of 392187/18/14 at 4:58pm
I am going to the Oregon Coast next weekend, so, my picks with that in mind:
1. Heschung Apache - I pledge, if I win the 40% code, to buy these. I got the beige color, and I really love them. Wear them all the time. I am sure that I would love these, in the off white as well. Of course, I would feel dumb doing the "buy all the colors" thing. But, at that good a deal. Fuggedaboutit. I would feel dumb NOT buying them:
2. Need a sweater. It gets chilly on the coast. I see all these pictures of dudes in white sweaters. On the Oregon Coast, with 3 kids under 7, that's crazy talk. That white sweater would last the 2 minutes it takes for my two year old son to come careening into me trying to take me down (I have lapses of judgement where I teach him wrestling drills) and makes me spill my coffee. This Eo To To sweater, on the other hand, could take a full cup of coffee, some honey and yoghurt, and a fist full of dark Oregon sand like a champ: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/clothing/knitwear/eototo-crewneck-knit-brown.html
3. So... my fifteen year old stepson was eating dinner one night, when a friend, who was over, said "Well, that's a risque tee?" Ddi a double take. I had ever noticed before that his worn out "Beaver styles" tee shirt, with cute rodents with different hairstyles, from shaved bald to full afro to mohawk, could be taken another way. Apparently, I am dumb. Anyone who has been on Styleforum more than a month knows this to be true at least some of the time. Anyway, I'm probably too old to be wearing a Beaver Styles tee, and in any case, he is about 50 lbs lighter, and that shirt would just show off my abs of bacon. But this, this i could wear:
4. I sometimes ride into town to go to the local farmer's market. A rented bike. With a basket on the front. This jacket would make me feel more like, you know, a man: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/sale-section/hacking-jacket-in-grey-blue-linen.html
5. I love belts. I can never get enough belts (I have over 50 right now). And no one would believe that this is my list if there was no belt on it. I have been remiss though. No elastic belts. The Farnese fills that niche. Also, you will never need to loosen a notch, i.e. you will never realize you just gained 5 lbs in a week. Just sorta adjust your underwear like man Spanx, and you are good to go. By you I mean me.post #9885 of 392187/18/14 at 5:02pmQuote:
Yeah, Rota and Farnese. They feel very nice after walking around a bit in them. These are a 48.Quote:
I don't know exactly. As for the length, they touch my shoes and my socks don't show. It's nice that I don't need to touch the waist or hem them!
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Need advice for tie color for light purple dress shirt. 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 13 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 14 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...