Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:00 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 4/6/15 at 2:15pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 659post #9871 of 232807/18/14 at 2:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9872 of 232807/18/14 at 2:34pmpost #9873 of 232807/18/14 at 2:41pmpost #9874 of 232807/18/14 at 4:24pmQuote:
Can we get a similar rundown on your perspective on sizing for Stephan Schneider (Miami crew neck) and Inis Meain (donegal zip) sweaters?post #9875 of 232807/18/14 at 4:25pmpost #9876 of 232807/18/14 at 4:38pmpost #9877 of 232807/18/14 at 4:39pmThread Starterpost #9878 of 232807/18/14 at 4:40pmHere's my 5 -- I clearly have Fall on the brain.
1. Stephen Schneider crewneck sweater. I would wear this year-round if I had confidence I would order the right size and not screw it up.
2. Pedaled Hacking Jacket in Grey/blue linen. Same as #1. Perfect for our mild fall and winters here in the Bay Area.
3. SS hooded cardigan. I need this. This should be a staple item in everybody's wardrobe.
4. Inis Corran sweater. I'm sure it is even more beautiful in person.
5. Mackintosh Monkton. It doesn't rain here in California anymore, but I will join the chorus on this slept-on item.post #9879 of 232807/18/14 at 4:42pmpost #9880 of 232807/18/14 at 4:51pmpost #9881 of 232807/18/14 at 4:52pmpost #9882 of 232807/18/14 at 4:52pmAlso, just a reminder.
Still waiting for ONE MORE for:
Making it up into a jacket. Great for us folks in the South, or the West Coast. If you want a Formosa jacket, this is your chance.
Also, only need to pay half up front. The other half down the road. This is as close to NMWA lay-away as you are going to get!
Just in time for your Turks & Caicos vacation.post #9883 of 232807/18/14 at 4:55pmpost #9884 of 232807/18/14 at 4:58pm
I am going to the Oregon Coast next weekend, so, my picks with that in mind:
1. Heschung Apache - I pledge, if I win the 40% code, to buy these. I got the beige color, and I really love them. Wear them all the time. I am sure that I would love these, in the off white as well. Of course, I would feel dumb doing the "buy all the colors" thing. But, at that good a deal. Fuggedaboutit. I would feel dumb NOT buying them:
2. Need a sweater. It gets chilly on the coast. I see all these pictures of dudes in white sweaters. On the Oregon Coast, with 3 kids under 7, that's crazy talk. That white sweater would last the 2 minutes it takes for my two year old son to come careening into me trying to take me down (I have lapses of judgement where I teach him wrestling drills) and makes me spill my coffee. This Eo To To sweater, on the other hand, could take a full cup of coffee, some honey and yoghurt, and a fist full of dark Oregon sand like a champ: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/clothing/knitwear/eototo-crewneck-knit-brown.html
3. So... my fifteen year old stepson was eating dinner one night, when a friend, who was over, said "Well, that's a risque tee?" Ddi a double take. I had ever noticed before that his worn out "Beaver styles" tee shirt, with cute rodents with different hairstyles, from shaved bald to full afro to mohawk, could be taken another way. Apparently, I am dumb. Anyone who has been on Styleforum more than a month knows this to be true at least some of the time. Anyway, I'm probably too old to be wearing a Beaver Styles tee, and in any case, he is about 50 lbs lighter, and that shirt would just show off my abs of bacon. But this, this i could wear:
4. I sometimes ride into town to go to the local farmer's market. A rented bike. With a basket on the front. This jacket would make me feel more like, you know, a man: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/sale-section/hacking-jacket-in-grey-blue-linen.html
5. I love belts. I can never get enough belts (I have over 50 right now). And no one would believe that this is my list if there was no belt on it. I have been remiss though. No elastic belts. The Farnese fills that niche. Also, you will never need to loosen a notch, i.e. you will never realize you just gained 5 lbs in a week. Just sorta adjust your underwear like man Spanx, and you are good to go. By you I mean me.post #9885 of 232807/18/14 at 5:02pmQuote:
Yeah, Rota and Farnese. They feel very nice after walking around a bit in them. These are a 48.Quote:
I don't know exactly. As for the length, they touch my shoes and my socks don't show. It's nice that I don't need to touch the waist or hem them!
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) just now
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 seconds ago
- › Carmina GMTO 48 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 57 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Filson Original Briefcase Olive 2 minutes ago
- › Filson Small Duffle Bag 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan