Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 6/13/16 at 10:41am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 5:07 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 657post #9841 of 334607/18/14 at 8:45ampost #9842 of 334607/18/14 at 8:50amQuote:
I might have put it in my cart a couple of times, but I can neither confirm nor deny.post #9843 of 334607/18/14 at 9:04ampost #9844 of 334607/18/14 at 9:14am
I'm just going to assume that "slept on" means "slept on previous to this contest being posted"
(though either way I'm pretty sure everything but the shoes almost never has been posted before)
Starting off with outerwear by Oliver Spencer
Just from the pictures I'm pretty sure it'd be one of the most durable and best constructed jackets I've ever laid my hands on, the brass zippers work so well with the farleigh green and black ribbing, and lastly the design is simply really nice.
Moving on to a shirt, made by EOTOTO (the link to the "maker"-page from the product-page doesn't seem to work for this btw)
Don't really think I need to say much about this, it looks like a really nice white shirt with some (for being graphic) relatively suble details
Bottoms next, provided by TS(S)
The cotton fabric looks cool, the color is cool, the ribbing is cool, freedom of movement is cool.
Yep, that's pretty much it.
Almost done, just need some Heschung footwear...
Truly the nicest chucka I've ever seen, has been included on several others list and for good reason.
It's possible some other pants than the ones above would work better for the outfit since they are both grey, but also possible the texture and hue is different enough that it'd work out nicely.
Either way these still are the easily most slept on shoes, and would I win the 40% off code I hope to buy these for my father's birthday, he needs some autumn/winter footwear
(a very noble cause, seeing how my mother and I since last year have transitioned him from from awful dress-shirts+awful jeans+awful shoes to OCBD's+well-fitting chinos/jeans+white Converse low)
...and lastly a scarf by none other than Stephan Schneider to top it off
It's varying grades of grey, it's substantial washed linen and it's large enough to have some volume , what more could one want?
Was actually surprisingly fun to put this together, good way of bringing attention to pieces that deserve some more lovepost #9845 of 334607/18/14 at 9:36ampost #9846 of 334607/18/14 at 9:42amGreat eyes, men.
1. The pattern on this is totally sexy, and I need a great umbrella. Except I don't, living in LA. It would end up sitting in the cargo area of my car, getting smushed under my daughter's six tons of dance gear, my damp, sandy wetsuit, and the latest load of stuff I keep forgetting to drop at the dry cleaner. Fuck our beautiful Southern California weather.
2. Not exactly an edgy choice. I have no good excuse for sleeping on this one. The colors are pretty much perfect, as are the weight and texture based on my fondling it through the interwebz.
3. Loving these, but my tailor doesn't do a great job with spectacle alterations, so I don't buy them online aside from replenishing my drawer of disposable crappy $10 sunglasses.
4. Still sleeping on these in the sense that by the time I woke up my size was sold out. The retro feel of the seersucker fabric, the cut of the pockets, and the snaps, is fantastic. I'd feel totally Sean Connery throwback in these and #3 (and my Camoshita white Capri shirt, which I picked up when I was NY) as long as I avoided reflective surfaces. They're awesome, and living here I'd get a lot more use out of them than I would some of the other awesome pieces like #1 and the beautiful overcoats. Stitches, if you ever make it out to LA I'm buying us a matching pair of these and we're going to the beach.
5. I mean, come on. (The leather lowcut Butteros aren't on the site, so I figure they don't count.)
Honorable mentions -- since Greg stressed the emphasis of Rule 2(b), I didn't include these among my five picks because it's less an issue of sleeping on them than just recognizing that they won't work with my relatively long torso and orangutan arms. (Other 40/50 L's make your presence known, so we can make it worth Greg's and Kyle's while to carry it as one of their stock sizes . . .)
1. Actually pulled the trigger on this, before Kyle helpfully pointed out that with the cropped style the arms are markedly shorter than the OS Oxford jacket, which I did pick up. But I still love this one from afar.
2. Thankfully for my wallet, not available in my size. But the color. Is. Perfect.
Minor quibble. Don't know I'd go with the ticket pocket on a cotton suit if I were choosing. But in this color, I'd probably live with cargo pant pockets.post #9847 of 334607/18/14 at 9:48ampost #9848 of 334607/18/14 at 9:55ampost #9849 of 334607/18/14 at 10:01ampost #9850 of 334607/18/14 at 10:07ampost #9851 of 334607/18/14 at 10:18ampost #9852 of 334607/18/14 at 10:58am
I am going with the full fit option
My ode to summerpost #9853 of 334607/18/14 at 11:00ampost #9854 of 334607/18/14 at 11:18ampost #9855 of 334607/18/14 at 11:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
I am going with the full fit option
My ode to summer
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Double Breasted Style. 10 seconds ago
- › The OCBD collar roll thread 5 minutes ago
- › White Ressentiment, the Poster Child 6 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 7 minutes ago
- › NWOT Guglielmionotti Handsewn Italian Shirt - Size 39 9 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding