Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 5:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 5:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 8/31/14 at 11:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Need a shirt, tie, and shoes quick Last post on 10/10/12 at 2:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 657post #9841 of 124047/18/14 at 8:45am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #9842 of 124047/18/14 at 8:50amQuote:
I might have put it in my cart a couple of times, but I can neither confirm nor deny.post #9843 of 124047/18/14 at 9:04ampost #9844 of 124047/18/14 at 9:14am
I'm just going to assume that "slept on" means "slept on previous to this contest being posted"
(though either way I'm pretty sure everything but the shoes almost never has been posted before)
Starting off with outerwear by Oliver Spencer
Just from the pictures I'm pretty sure it'd be one of the most durable and best constructed jackets I've ever laid my hands on, the brass zippers work so well with the farleigh green and black ribbing, and lastly the design is simply really nice.
Moving on to a shirt, made by EOTOTO (the link to the "maker"-page from the product-page doesn't seem to work for this btw)
Don't really think I need to say much about this, it looks like a really nice white shirt with some (for being graphic) relatively suble details
Bottoms next, provided by TS(S)
The cotton fabric looks cool, the color is cool, the ribbing is cool, freedom of movement is cool.
Yep, that's pretty much it.
Almost done, just need some Heschung footwear...
Truly the nicest chucka I've ever seen, has been included on several others list and for good reason.
It's possible some other pants than the ones above would work better for the outfit since they are both grey, but also possible the texture and hue is different enough that it'd work out nicely.
Either way these still are the easily most slept on shoes, and would I win the 40% off code I hope to buy these for my father's birthday, he needs some autumn/winter footwear
(a very noble cause, seeing how my mother and I since last year have transitioned him from from awful dress-shirts+awful jeans+awful shoes to OCBD's+well-fitting chinos/jeans+white Converse low)
...and lastly a scarf by none other than Stephan Schneider to top it off
It's varying grades of grey, it's substantial washed linen and it's large enough to have some volume , what more could one want?
Was actually surprisingly fun to put this together, good way of bringing attention to pieces that deserve some more lovepost #9845 of 124047/18/14 at 9:36ampost #9846 of 124047/18/14 at 9:42amGreat eyes, men.
1. The pattern on this is totally sexy, and I need a great umbrella. Except I don't, living in LA. It would end up sitting in the cargo area of my car, getting smushed under my daughter's six tons of dance gear, my damp, sandy wetsuit, and the latest load of stuff I keep forgetting to drop at the dry cleaner. Fuck our beautiful Southern California weather.
2. Not exactly an edgy choice. I have no good excuse for sleeping on this one. The colors are pretty much perfect, as are the weight and texture based on my fondling it through the interwebz.
3. Loving these, but my tailor doesn't do a great job with spectacle alterations, so I don't buy them online aside from replenishing my drawer of disposable crappy $10 sunglasses.
4. Still sleeping on these in the sense that by the time I woke up my size was sold out. The retro feel of the seersucker fabric, the cut of the pockets, and the snaps, is fantastic. I'd feel totally Sean Connery throwback in these and #3 (and my Camoshita white Capri shirt, which I picked up when I was NY) as long as I avoided reflective surfaces. They're awesome, and living here I'd get a lot more use out of them than I would some of the other awesome pieces like #1 and the beautiful overcoats. Stitches, if you ever make it out to LA I'm buying us a matching pair of these and we're going to the beach.
5. I mean, come on. (The leather lowcut Butteros aren't on the site, so I figure they don't count.)
Honorable mentions -- since Greg stressed the emphasis of Rule 2(b), I didn't include these among my five picks because it's less an issue of sleeping on them than just recognizing that they won't work with my relatively long torso and orangutan arms. (Other 40/50 L's make your presence known, so we can make it worth Greg's and Kyle's while to carry it as one of their stock sizes . . .)
1. Actually pulled the trigger on this, before Kyle helpfully pointed out that with the cropped style the arms are markedly shorter than the OS Oxford jacket, which I did pick up. But I still love this one from afar.
2. Thankfully for my wallet, not available in my size. But the color. Is. Perfect.
Minor quibble. Don't know I'd go with the ticket pocket on a cotton suit if I were choosing. But in this color, I'd probably live with cargo pant pockets.post #9847 of 124047/18/14 at 9:48ampost #9848 of 124047/18/14 at 9:55ampost #9849 of 124047/18/14 at 10:01ampost #9850 of 124047/18/14 at 10:07ampost #9851 of 124047/18/14 at 10:18ampost #9852 of 124047/18/14 at 10:58am
I am going with the full fit option
My ode to summerpost #9853 of 124047/18/14 at 11:00ampost #9854 of 124047/18/14 at 11:18ampost #9855 of 124047/18/14 at 11:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
I am going with the full fit option
My ode to summer
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › Australian Members 4 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 6 minutes ago
- › For sale: style book and stylish books collection 6 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Which outfit would be best here? 8 minutes ago
- › Harrington Jacket 10 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 11 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 11 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)