or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 63

post #931 of 16745
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post

Cool, thanks. I'm a solid US 11, and while my CPs at 44 aren't snug, they don't seem too big either. Going down to a 43 would definitely be the wrong size. I'm an 11.5 in Nikes, so my foot seems to be slightly bigger than yours. Perhaps a better fit would come with a half size down in the CPs, which aren't available. Given all that, I'll try the Butteros in a 44 - should offer a nice snugger fit. Thanks for the point of comparison bro.

No problem. I feel that a shoe to shoe comparison is best, since different people have different preferences in fit. For example, you like a snug fit, whereas I get slightly foot claustrophobic if I don't have a bit of room in the toe for me to move them around comfortably.
post #932 of 16745
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

No problem. I feel that a shoe to shoe comparison is best, since different people have different preferences in fit. For example, you like a snug fit, whereas I get slightly foot claustrophobic if I don't have a bit of room in the toe for me to move them around comfortably.

Funny you say that. Seems like most of SF prefer snug shoes. I'll see pictures in shoe threads where someone gets lambasted for a shoe that is "too big" because there is a slight gap between the heel and the cup of the shoe. I'm more like you and prefer the fit to be looser, but I'm cool with snug so long as its the right size. Not all shoes fit the same, even in the same style. I got some Vintage Low CPs in suede that feel stiffer than the regular leather, and therefore tighter. I imagine that's what the Butteros will feel like.
post #933 of 16745
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post


Funny you say that. Seems like most of SF prefer snug shoes. I'll see pictures in shoe threads where someone gets lambasted for a shoe that is "too big" because there is a slight gap between the heel and the cup of the shoe. I'm more like you and prefer the fit to be looser, but I'm cool with snug so long as its the right size. Not all shoes fit the same, even in the same style. I got some Vintage Low CPs in suede that feel stiffer than the regular leather, and therefore tighter. I imagine that's what the Butteros will feel like.

 

 

What he said.  And I see plenty of pictures of balmorals with the laces splayed w-i-d-e open that pass without comment.  A bit loose works a lot better than a bit snug for me - particularly since my feet don't shrink over the course of the day, they swell slighty.

post #934 of 16745
I think I have some Inis Meáin pr0n that Greg neglected to post, so I'll help him out.
















post #935 of 16745
That last one has an especially nice style collar.
post #936 of 16745
Thread Starter 
stitchy would agree with you !


A different kind of sneak peek tonight ...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Created with GIMP

working hard, still some bugs & issues but only a few days away (fingers crossed) ...
post #937 of 16745
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

stitchy would agree with you !


A different kind of sneak peek tonight ...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Created with GIMP

working hard, still some bugs & issues but only a few days away (fingers crossed) ...

sweet, looking forward to the site launch! biggrin.gif
post #938 of 16745

That looks smashing. I like the creamy coffee color scheme.

 

Have we seen those glasses in that colorway before? I don't think so.

post #939 of 16745
Thread Starter 
They're so pretty ! inlove.gif
post #940 of 16745
Thread Starter 

post #941 of 16745
bounce2.gif

AMAZING NEWS!!!


and yes, i do agree, that collar is fansnabulous.
post #942 of 16745
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

They're so pretty ! inlove.gif

i thought he meant the site layout. which is very calming and pleasing to the eye. very nice to look at. the glasses are sweet looking too, though.
post #943 of 16745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Afro View Post


Just saw this as I was looking through older posts....anyone know where this is from?
post #944 of 16745

I really like that collar, it's a nice cross between a button neck and polo style collar.

post #945 of 16745
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

Just saw this as I was looking through older posts....anyone know where this is from?

i wish the answer was, in my closet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭